Steps from the North Acton tube stop on the Central Line, this Holiday Inn Express is amazing value for money.
We got an amazing rate of $100/night – which included a comfortable lobby with bar and dining area, very welcoming and helpful staff, and a spotlessly clean room with lovely linens on a comfy bed with plenty of pillows. Flat screen TV, in-room kettle and coffee/tea, nice shower with plenty of hot water. No closet, but a smart arrangement of shelving and hangars worked perfectly for storage. A good-sized desk and a comfy two-seater sofa completed the furnishings. Our room was at the back and we could see the tube, but the double window made sure we could barely hear it. We slept very soundly!
The Wi-Fi is free and the connection was reliable, if sometimes just a tad slow. A quibble, basically. There’s also a computer in the lobby if you didn’t bring your own.
The free breakfast is EXCELLENT and adds a ton of value to an already great deal. Choose from fresh apple or orange juice, tea or coffee (neat new machines make cappuccino, etc., at the touch of a button!), yogurt, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, beans, sausages, toast (white or wheat), rolls, croissants, pain au chocolat, and four or five kinds of cold cereal (from chocolate buds to high-quality muesli) with whole or reduced-fat milk. In pricey London, being able to fill up in the morning saves a LOT of money.
And don’t worry about being “out of the center” of town. It’s 15-20 minutes on the tube to the white hot center of all the tourist attractions, which is a small price to pay for getting such a great rate on a room. It’s extremely easy to navigate, too – and is on the dividing line between Zones 1 and 2.
For budget hunters, note that on the same block as the hotel are a Domino’s Pizza – cheap, hot, and filling – and a Tesco Express where you can get sandwiches, crisps, four-packs of lager, fresh veggies and salads, cheese, meats and sandwich bread, cup o’ soups, etc. for low, low prices.
There’s also a burger/curry/kebab joint on the next block, which we did not try, and a Fuller’s pub – the Castle – that serves pub grub. It’s more of a local boozer than a refined and quaint “ye olde” kind of place, but it’s friendly and the beer is fresh and the décor is super-cozy with dark wood and deep easy chairs and lots and lots of white pillar candles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome and excellent transport links at the Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal hotel. A modern, 5-story hotel with striking blue-and-white facade, Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal is just 2 minutes' walk from North Acton Underground station for speedy links to central London and Westfield Shopping Centre. Friendly staff are waiting to greet you in our stylish Lobby, just 40 minutes by Tube from Heathrow Airport. Host business events for up to 60 delegates in one of Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal's 3 naturally lit meeting rooms and check email anytime via FREE wireless Internet. We're located in the Park Royal Business Centre, home of Carphone Warehouse, and 3.5 miles from major conferences and exhibitions at Wembley conference centre. Westfield London, a 5-minute Tube journey from the hotel, is Europe's largest urban shopping centre with hundreds of designer shops, a cinema complex and many restaurants serving everything from Oysters to Mexican street food. It's 20 minutes to central London for Oxford Street shopping, West End theatre and world-famous attractions like the London Eye. Plan a day's sightseeing over FREE hot buffet breakfast selection at Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal's open-plan Great Room. In the evenings you can watch live sport on the plasma TVs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, IHG, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London
- Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal England