“Very good!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #312 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
“Very good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I happened to stay at this hotel twice. It is located near the centre (a few tube stations). The nearest tube station is just around the corner (North Acton, Central line, zone 2). It takes about 10 minutes by tube to get to the most important attractions of London and a couple of stations away from Westfield in Sheperd's Bush.
Rooms are very pleasant, new and very clean, quite spacious as well as bathrooms. There are quite a number of family rooms which have a sofa (you should book them as family double or family twin). Breakfast is very decent (eggs, sausages, toasts with butter and jam, yogurts, cereals and cereal bars, also porridges are available at extra charge).
There is an ice-machine near reception, also free newspapers and friendly staff.
We were more than satisfied with our stay there. Surely I would choose this hotel again for my next holiday break.

Room Tip: Pick up family doubles as there's a sofa.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
DeepakVaid, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Olga K,

It gives me immense pleasure when a guest pays us a return visit and is as pleased with the consistent quality service as the previous stay. It is only a reflection of the efforts of Team Park Royal that constantly strives to make every guest feel happy and at home even while away.

We look forward to welcoming you again and again for we can promise you excellence every time.

Deepak Vaid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The good: Rooms are clean doubles - not king/queen. Next to the tube station.Breakfast is decent. Ability to get a draught beer is nice. Tesco, Indian takeout, and pub next door. Sound proof even though it is along the tube line.

The bad: No ironing board in the room. Service less than at other Holiday Inn Express locations. E.g. no wakeup call service, no phone programming and no bedside clock. When I called for wake-up call was told to "use the TV alarm". I had just gotten in, quite late, and when I called again to say that the TV remote was not working and they needed to fix the remote so I could set the alarm - the front desk person said "we will fix it tomorrow AND give you a wake up call". Of course there was no wake up call! - but they did fix the remote the next day evening).

Can't complain - was 100GBP cheaper than city-central equivalent locations amf right on the tube. Getting to Heathrow is also quite convenient

Dear K-Sub,

Let me take this opportunity to first thank you for highlighting the positives that seem to have made your stay with us a good choice. With respect to the Ironing board in the room and wake-up call service, I would just like to share with you that being an Express branded property of Holiday Inn family, our service offerings are limited as they are largely governed by our brand standards set out by IHG that may otherwise seem common in hospitality industry.

However, I would like to apologise for the missed wake-up call that was promised to you as a special request. Next time when you travel to London and stay with us, please feel free to contact any of the Managers on duty or even me directly to make sure that all your needs are met efficiently and appropriately.

We wait to welcome you back to Park Royal soon.

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I know it's London but this is basic. Location was hard to find(remember your sat nav) . Parking is limited and I had to park illegally and move next morning as I arrived late but reception desk told me it would be ok. No food on site unlike other holiday inn express. Made mistake of ordering from 'room seasons' which is shown in room and in bar and thought it was part of hotel and going on bill. Shock when asked for 19 pound on food arrival and even more shocked at size of food (might feed a small child).

Room Tip: Do not, I repeat do not order from room seasons. Very poor value
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear bristolmark2391,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. Rest assured that these will be shared to our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sudbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My only issue was that I had to order in a Chinese takeaway, I like Chinese but it was a real pain as I was not able to pay by card, and had no cash had to walk out it get some! The rooms are standard and the service and welcomeness from the staff 2nd to none!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
DeepakVaid, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Keith B,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay at Holiday Inn Express - London Park Royal. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay. I am also happy to share with you that your feedback has been acted upon and next time you are here with us you will be able to place your order with us directly and also pay by a card.

The team at Park Royal look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I never had such a pathetic experience before. We have been travelling a lot in these couple of years around the globe. But this is the cheapest hotel where we have lived and unfortunately we have to still live till 28th of September because the payment is already made which is non refundable.
This morning I was about to go to the wash room to have bath and somebody walked into my room without knocking the door and it was my bad luck that i was already half naked. I was a little upset and shockingly I got the call form the reception after 2 minutes whether I need my room to be cleaned or not(and here I was expecting that the call is for the apology). I thought probably she doesn't know about the incident and i told her everything and she said that she must have knocked in and as nobody responded the room cleaning person walked inside the room. Seriously, This is how it works when you are in hospitality industry. There are no wardrobes, No Door bells. They advertise so much about the FREE FOOD and WIFI but they don't care about the basic rule of hospitality.

I strictly recommend that if you are thinking that you will have a great time here then please don't expect much.

Room Tip: In worst Case if you have to stay in this hotel then don't make it longer than 2 days
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
DeputyGeneralMGR, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Shukla1508,

Many thanks for your valuable and constructive feedback. We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when you feel that it fails to meet your expectations, it is important for us to know. I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience and please accept my sincere apologies. I totally share your annoyance. Please rest assure that your concerns have been raised principally with the relevant department head so such incidents can be averted in future.

My words of apology may not alter your experience, nevertheless, I earnestly anticipate it will serve to convey our deepest apologies and a genuine desire to try and make efforts to put things right when they go wrong.

So as long as you are with us please feel free to contact me or any member of my team for any assistance you may need.

Oxfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here at the last minute for a trip to Wembley. The hotel is perfectly located next to North Acton tube, a Tesco Express and a newsagents. Considering its an Express hotel the staff were excellent and couldn't be more helpful. Rooms were really clean and the breakfast was good. Also free WiFi. Could ask for anymore for £69 for a double, and you can park for 24hrs for £10

• Stayed September 2013
Dear fazbek,

Thank you so much for taking time to provide us with such a wonderful review. I am very excited to learn that the hotel and its location was what you were looking for with easy access to the London Underground. I am also pleased to know that you found our free Wi-Fi facility very useful and enjoyed the free breakfast too. But above all many thanks for your commendation and praise for my team members who were friendly and helpful throughout.

Do stay with us whenever you visit the City of London again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We went to London to spend 4 days visiting it. We were looking for a 20 minutes tube distant from downtown. This hotel not only fulfiled our need but surpassed our expectatives. Convinient, clean, kind personel.... we will recomend it to our friends

Stayed August 2013
Dear Fernando S,

I could not have asked for a better assessment of the team's efforts and our service standards here at Holiday Inn Express - London Park Royal. Your feedback is much appreciated and valued. I am glad the team was not only able to meet but exceeded your expectations.

I trust you would choose us again whilst on your next trip to London. Team Park Royal looks forward to welcoming to soon

Deputy General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal? Share your experiences!