“A little like the curate's egg........” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Road

You added Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Road to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Road
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8-12 St. Georges Drive, London SW1V 4BJ, England (Pimlico)   |
Ranked #548 of 1,050 Hotels in London
Gloucs UK
“A little like the curate's egg........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I'd give this a 'Very Good; if it wasn't for the price. I paid £99 without breakfast for a single room. The room was adequate, comfortable, clean, had everything I needed including tea and coffee-making facilities, and staff were very helpful.
BUT. During the night my radiator started sounding like a bomber taking off. I turned it off but it took nearly an hour for the droning and vibration to subside. I expected concerned staff or other guests to start banging on my door with the booming racket, but no-one did. Also I could hear railway traffic going past outside, and the doors to all the rooms close with a mighty BANG every time they shut.
So if this was £50 a night I'd say OK. But not for twice as much.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I booked this hotel quite last minute and while it's very central I was surprised at the low price.

I stayed across the road from the main hotel, which I didn't mind too much, although I would have preferred not to have been given a ground floor room as a single female traveller. The room was clean and looked newly refurbished.

It's definitely very well located, which is the main problem - my room overlooked Victoria station. So from 5am (and regularly after that), the bathroom door, teacups etc rattled and woke me up.

If you need somewhere cheap and don't need a good night's sleep, I would highly recommend this. If you actually need to rest, I would stay elsewhere!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
loughborough
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Having read a few reviews about this hotel, I was a little dubious but decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. The location was perfect for the Victoria Palace theatre where my wife and I were going to see Billy Elliott. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was in the basement. It was very clean and well equiped with the usual coffee making facilities, tv, hair dryer etc. The ensuite was large and clean and the shower was very powerful which we like. The noise level from the main street was obvious but not too bad. We decided against the continental breakfast and opted to go to the Victoria Mall where we had a very nice breakfast at Cafe Rouge. All in all, not a bad one night stay. Basic but acceptable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

On a positive note, the location was perfect for our needs as it is just a block from the Victoria bus station and a few blocks for Victoria train station. We were originally given a room down in the basement in which we could hear everyone walking above us and way too much street noise. We asked for a room change after a sleepless first night and we were cheerfully given a room on the top floor which was adequate but required climbing the stairs for a floor as the elevator didn't go that high. Breakfast was an additional cost and we opted to forgo it and I was glad we did as it did not look worth the extra cost. We would definitely stay in the same area next time but would not choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the basement and top floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel is completely refurbished since we last stayed there. The staff on the reception are extremely friendly. The Family room in their section across the road was very quiet, spotless and warm. Ideally located for Victoria train station and Victoria bus station. - only about 3 minutes away. Continental breakfast excellent. We were able to leave out cases secure all day on the day of departure. We will be back next time in London and I have no hesitation in recommenting it.

Room Tip: Family room in their section across the road is perfect. Very quiet and just inside the door on the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Belfast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The address of the hotel is not actually accurate as it is on the corner of Elizabeth Bridge and Hugh Street but practically across the road from Victoria Coach Station and a few minutes walk to the rail station.

Staff in the hotel were very helpful and friendly, we arrived too early for check in hoping to leave our bags and go to explore London but were able take a room at no extra charge which was very pleasant after a very early start that morning.

Stayed for two nights in London and have seen much worse. Room was on second floor at front of the building, there was a lot of road noise and the railway lines to Victoria Station are just down to the right of you so further noise from this late into the night. The window was only a single glazed sash window so was not effective at keeping out noise - fortunately I always travel with good ear plugs.
The room was small but well equipped with TV, tea point, fridge and en-suite, The door to the en-suite struck the bed but opened enough to get in. The room was very clean as was the en-suite. The room got very warm and I would imagine this would be uncomfortable during the summer as there is no air conditioning and opening the window lets in more noise. If the room had less noise and a softer bed you could put up with the size no problem.

We were leaving late on our last day and we were able to store our luggage in the hotel for £1 pr bag which was much better value than the storage at train station which is £9 per bag!!

I do not know if I would recommend this hotel again there are a lot of other bed and breakfasts and hotels in the area to compare with. Certainly for a short stay it is handy enough and reasonably priced for London.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear may be quieter though staff advised these were smaller.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Astor, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We'll be here for 3 nights and this hotel is just right for our stay. Its conveniently located to both Victoria Stations, there are many shops around and a lot of restaurants. Its also within walking distance to Buckingham Palace and the changing of the guard.

The rooms are relatively small as is the bathroom. The shower works well. Both Victoria stations are right here.

There is noise from the train station but for whatever reason it doesn't bother us.

The staff is very helpful.

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: As for a room in the back if you think the trains will bother you.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Road? Share your experiences!