These apartment are located in the heart of Bayswater about 1 minute from Queensway, 5-10 minutes walk to Bayswater and Queensway tube stations.
We arrived in the morning and were not allowed to check in but they were happy to take our bag. When I returned in the evening, my husband was not with us who held the booking. Fortunately I am pleased to say that the receptionist was extremely practical and allowed me and my baby to check in using id and credit card for incidentals. My husband completely the check in process when he arrived later.
A very kind man helped me with my bag despite me insisting I could manage and I'm pleased he did as this hotel is a warren.
We stayed in room 128 which was one the first floor but there were many stairs to tackle before getting to the appropriate lift.
The room / apartment was unusual. Opening the door, you are met with a flight of stairs going down a few feet in front of you leading to a bedroom and bathroom, one bedroom slightly to your right and another flight of stairs down to a kitchen diner.
Both bedrooms were clean with double beds. The bathroom was small and showed some signs of wear but was clean and had a bath which was useful for the baby. The kitchenette was well equipped with dishwasher, cutlery, pottery, tea coffee, dish cloths etc.
The apartment was really cold when I arrived and took a good couple of hours to heat up once I had turned all the radiators on.
All in all, the apartment was a clean place to stay for one night. There's nothing stylish or glossy about it. It was well equipped but not really practical for a baby or young children. I wouldn't stay here again for this reason but you can't fault the location for exploring London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Plaza apartments give you the independence and catering flexibility of your own home together with the comfort and service of a 4* hotel. Think of us as your home, but with cleaning, catering, porters and reception staff thrown in. Serviced apartments are the new direction for the hotel industry. They provide a ready made home rather than a ready made room. Each apartment has its own fully equipped kitchen. You choose whether to enjoy your own home cooking or try the Grand Plaza Breakfast or visit one of the myriad of restaurants within walking distance of the Hotel (or heat up a takeaway!) Grand Plaza is the largest Hotel/Apartment complex in Bayswater. We won the 2009 award for best serviced apartments in London as a result of votes from the readers of Business Destinations Magazine. We accommodate more people each day (tourist, leisure, romantic and business) than any other Serviced Apartment Hotel in the area.We are located in the centre of the West End overlooking the precise type of garden square which Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts climbed into in the Golden Globe nominated film, Notting Hill! We look forward to providing you with a home in central London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments Hotel London
- Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments London, England