My stay at the Grand Plaza Apartments was on Wednesday 10 October 2012. I stayed just one night to attend a conference the following day.
The apartments are a short walk from Bayswater. Nearby there are plenty of restaurants and a few supermarkets. It's within walking distance of Whiteley's Shopping Centre with shops, restaurants and a cinema. As a single woman I felt safe walking around the area.
Check in was straight forward, the staff were friendly and helpful.
I stayed in 110. The corridors leading off did look a little narrow but the apartment itself had plenty of space. It was in the older part of the complex so it had high ceilings and fabulous sash windows. The kitchen area was well equipped and there was a dining table and four chairs. The room also had a large bed, wardrobe, drawers and bed settee but it still felt quite spacious. The bathroom had a large bath and shower.
The apartment was very clean and I was impressed with the high standard.
I booked breakfast the following morning (would have been £1 cheaper if I'd done that the night before). The choice of food was very good, the staff friendly and room was light and airy. Breakfast service doesn't start until 8 am - ideally I would have liked it to be available at 7.30 am.
It was a very pleasurable stay and I have no hesitation in recommending the Grand Plaza. I'm sure I would have been happy had my stay been from more than a single night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Plaza apartments give you the independence and catering flexibility of your own home together with the comfort and service of a 4* hotel. Think of us as your home, but with cleaning, catering, porters and reception staff thrown in. Serviced apartments are the new direction for the hotel industry. They provide a ready made home rather than a ready made room. Each apartment has its own fully equipped kitchen. You choose whether to enjoy your own home cooking or try the Grand Plaza Breakfast or visit one of the myriad of restaurants within walking distance of the Hotel (or heat up a takeaway!) Grand Plaza is the largest Hotel/Apartment complex in Bayswater. We won the 2009 award for best serviced apartments in London as a result of votes from the readers of Business Destinations Magazine. We accommodate more people each day (tourist, leisure, romantic and business) than any other Serviced Apartment Hotel in the area.We are located in the centre of the West End overlooking the precise type of garden square which Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts climbed into in the Golden Globe nominated film, Notting Hill! We look forward to providing you with a home in central London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments Hotel London
- Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments London, England