“Stayed twice - both times good!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Princes Square Hotel

Save Saved
You added Princes Square Hotel to your Saves list
Princes Square Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   23-25 Princes Square, Bayswater | Off Ilchester Gardens, London W2 4NJ , England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #546 of 1,071 hotels in London
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Stayed twice - both times good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Room were clean, and staff were approachable and friendly. Offered luggage storage before and after check in.

Close to Tube station 'Bayswater' to easily access the rest of London.

However - on both occasions we did pay for breakfast online, but stated we needed to pay despite this. We were able to show them confirmation, but one to look out for!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Brmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Came to London just for a quick trip and went to the Bayswater shopping Mall and when we came out we decided to do an over nighter and this hotel popped up in a random choice .
when we got there we were greeted by a very pleaseant lady who showed us our room and told us all about the sights to see the room was very nice and adequate. all the staff were very polite and helpful will definately use here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is well located for holiday makers or the business traveller being close to the shopping and restaurant area of Bayswater and within walking distance of popular Notting hill. Hyde Park is also close and there are three nearby underground stations making it easy to visit other parts of London. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated and good value for money. As I am a frequent business traveller to this part of London, I have stayed in several hotels in this area and this one is the best I have found in this price range.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Kent, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed over the weekend. Lovely hotel with really great location. Just 5 minutes walk to the Bayswater underground station and little further Queensway station. Fabulous restaurants and shops are around. Hyde Park and Notting Hill Gate is just in a walking distance. Room was clean and cozy, furnished well. We had really helpful information from the reception during our stay at the hotel. All these just for affordable price. I would love to book again.

• Stayed March 2014
Brasilia, DF
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is new and clean. There is an elevador. It's close to Hyde Park and Portobello Road, there are nice places to eat close to the hotel (Patesserie Valerie, Le Pain Quotidien, Mc Donalds, KFC).

You have to walk a lot to the underground (Queensway or Nothing Hill Gate). The rooms are really small, the heater wasn't working that well. You have to pay 6 pounds to use the internet every 24h. Staff wasn't able to give information. It was a really noisy hotel. The bed was terrible. I didn't sleep well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Reading, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

WARNING - DO NOT STAY HERE!!
I booked online and warned them I would be arriving late. When I got there they told me they had made a mistake and over booked and there was no room for me. When the receptionist rang the manager she shouted down the phone....."don't bother me with this, I'm driving". It was past midnight and I was a woman in her own and the man in reception said he wasn't authorised to book me another hotel room but he would get in a taxi and drive me around and see what was available.......not what you want to do at this time of night round there!
I had to search on my phone for another hotel and book it......and then just as I was leaving the receptionist found my name on his hand written list of bookings and it turned out my room was available they had just made a mistake.
The worst of all of this experience was the managers response to my problem........she should be fired for that response to her receptionist that I heard directly.
Once in the room, it was certainly no way near a 4 star hotel.
I strongly recommend you stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Princes Square Hotel is ideal in its cleanliness, comfort and cost. Its location in the Bayswater section of the city permits easy walkable access to 2 underground stations and many buses, including the hop-on/hop-off variety. It is in a neighborhood where one will never go hungry as the number of restaurants is many and steeped in variety. The hotel is clean and the front desk is helpful. Daily breakfast is offered for GBP8 per day and it is quite nice. The only thing missing is a computer with internet access so visitors can check flight information or emails. Our cell phones weren't reliable so this added feature would have reduced a lot of stress during our stay. Our flight had been canceled for a day before we learned as much at the airport. Fortunately, a nearby hotel offers this option a few streets away for very little money. Overall, you just can't beat it.

Room Tip: If you don't mind overlooking a small yard of trash dumpsters, I'd recommend staying in the...