“great location but disappointed with the room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock

You added Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock to your Saves list
Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30 Jamestown Road, London NW1 7BY, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #179 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Sheffield
“great location but disappointed with the room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights at this hotel recently for my son's Birthday. I had booked via another site and was unsure about the room we'd been allocated so I e-mailed the hotel twice, on 13th and again on 19th Feb asking what type of room we were in and if we could have a room overlooking the lock. I never had a reply to my questions, even after phoning up to check I'd got the correct e-mail address. When we arrived, we'd been allocated a family room with two double beds (room 128) but the only view from the window was of a solid brick wall and the room was very dingy because of this. Having said that, the room was clean and comfortable and we didn't spend much time in it.

The hotel location is great, for us it was straight on the Northern Line from St Pancras to Camden Town and then just a five minute walk through the bustling streets. There are loads of places to shop and restaurants nearby.

We had breakfast in the hotel which was brilliant. We were given a choice of tables and seated immediately. The food was of good quality and there was an extensive choice too.

Hotel staff were really friendly and welcoming throughout our stay and after checking out at 11am, we were able to leave our bags until teatime so that we weren't dragging them about all day.

I'm not sure if I'd stay again, as I like to try different areas of London and felt let down that the hotel never replied to my e-mails, but the staff there were lovely and the location is great.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnCamdenLock, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
We were definitely off to a bad start, but I'm glad your stay made up for it.

I am looking into what happened with your emails, because they are supposed to help us communicate; so rather worrying. Now, for our 'double doubles' (or 'twins'), they all face inward for a guaranteed beauty sleep for the whole family. Should you have an opportunity to come back for a romantic London weekend or concerts in the area, we'll make it extra special by upgrading you to some stunning views!

Thank you for your honest and detailed review. Please accept our apologies for the breakdown in communication.

Holiday Inn London Camden Lock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Carnoustie, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

My wife and two daughters stayed at this hotel over the weekend and found it as they had expected a first class hotel.
It was clean, comfortable and ideally situated in the heart of Camden with the centre of London easily accessible. The staff were very friendly and helpful which makes the difference when on a weekend break.
The room was spacious for London standards and the beds comfortable and until we checked out would definitely stay there again.
After they checked out and left their bags at reception, going out for a bite of lunch one of my daughters remembered she had left one of her tee shirts in their room(321)After checking her bag they approached reception. They made some checks but told them it was not there!
I am informed it was left in the room and we do not understand why it was not found?
It was only a tee shirt and not of much value but it is the principle of the thing and will make us think twice about returning!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnCamdenLock, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for all the very nice comments on your feedback. Thank you also for taking the time to express your frustration, we heard.

I shall be conducting my investigation first thing tomorrow morning, but I wanted to confirm you that we are indeed listening to what you are saying, and that we always make our best to build relationships, and not undo them.

I shall hope the T-shirt may reappear, although if it was white, it has most probably gone with the linen, which is what often happens with guest's towels, etc. when just as plain white. I shall nevertheless contact you directly through TripAdvisor's internal messaging service.

Let's hope we'll make it up to the whole family soon. Thank you.

Calne, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Wanted a last-minute break in London and fancied seeing Camden. his is perfectly situated in the heart of Camden, overlooking the lock and markets. Can't recommend enough (Weatherspoons opposite too!)

Gibraltar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I loved the location of this Holiday Inn, service was good and the staff at breakfast very accommodating. For me it was the basics that failed here: the bed. It was hammock-like with a selection of lumpy pillows that had me tossing and turning and gave me real back and neck ache in the morning. What a shame.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnCamdenLock, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
What a shame indeed. Can I get in touch directly through Trip Advisor's internal messaging service please? I'd love to have your room number so we can do our due diligence (also like to engage).

I personally stay in the hotel regularly and try different rooms every time. Plus we have a constant bed replacement plan so none should get through our net. Pillows follow similar plans.

On another hand, I'll share all the good notes here with the team.

Thank you for taking the time. I hope we'll speak soon.

Baldock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We were very pleased with our stay here on Valentines night. The hotel is 5 minutes’ walk from the tube station and you can see the lock from many of the rooms. Our room was good value for money, clean and had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. The staff were friendly and helpful. I can’t comment on the food her as we went out for dinner and breakfast.
I would certainly recommend this hotel and use it for future stays.

Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Hi, in general I'm not a huge fan of holiday inns as they can vary so much but this one I one if the best I have stayed in. The location is brilliant for all the fun and atmosphere that Camden can offer. The rooms have been renovated recently and everything else works well. Starbucks in the lobby is a good idea too.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We just spent 2 days at this hotel and had a fabulous time. It was a perfect location to explore a different side of London with the markets, vintage shops and quirky restaurants. The hotel staff were friendly and fun. Reception could not have been more helpful with tips for restaurants and local attractions; particular mention of Pablo. Also Mark Rolls for his exceptional attention to cleaning and brilliant local stories! Thank you!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock? Share your experiences!