We stayed two nights at this hotel recently for my son's Birthday. I had booked via another site and was unsure about the room we'd been allocated so I e-mailed the hotel twice, on 13th and again on 19th Feb asking what type of room we were in and if we could have a room overlooking the lock. I never had a reply to my questions, even after phoning up to check I'd got the correct e-mail address. When we arrived, we'd been allocated a family room with two double beds (room 128) but the only view from the window was of a solid brick wall and the room was very dingy because of this. Having said that, the room was clean and comfortable and we didn't spend much time in it.
The hotel location is great, for us it was straight on the Northern Line from St Pancras to Camden Town and then just a five minute walk through the bustling streets. There are loads of places to shop and restaurants nearby.
We had breakfast in the hotel which was brilliant. We were given a choice of tables and seated immediately. The food was of good quality and there was an extensive choice too.
Hotel staff were really friendly and welcoming throughout our stay and after checking out at 11am, we were able to leave our bags until teatime so that we weren't dragging them about all day.
I'm not sure if I'd stay again, as I like to try different areas of London and felt let down that the hotel never replied to my e-mails, but the staff there were lovely and the location is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock. This modern, stylish central London hotel is located in the heart of fashionable Camden Town & directly overlooking Regent's Canal. Camden Town, Euston, St Pancras & Kings Cross Tube & Rail stations are located only minutes from the hotel with easy access to the Eurostar International Terminal at St Pancras. There are regular links to Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted and City airports via King’s Cross, St Pancras, Paddington & Victoria rail stations and the Underground. The hotel is located outside the congestion charge zone. The Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock is sitting by Camden Markets and within walking distance to Regents Park, London Zoo, Lords Cricket Ground, Jazz Café, Koko & The Roundhouse Theatre. Make yourself comfortable in one of our 130 well-appointed rooms; with 1 or 2 double sized beds, plenty of room to swing a cat, hi-speed WiFi internet access (FREE in all public spaces) and also terraces for our fabulous Penthouse rooms! The Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock now offers all-day dining menu throughout for your anytime and 24Hr munchies. The hotel also boasts 6 function rooms including the Glasshouse on the Lock with floor to ceiling windows can accommodate up to 350. The additional 5 conference rooms accommodate 4 to 180 delegates perfect for all occasions. See our event page for more and do look us up here, on TripAdvisor! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Camden Lock
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock England