I booked a one night stay at Camden Lock based on reviews on Trip Advisor. I wanted somewhere within walking distance of the Jazz Cafe and London Zoo. I originally booked an executive room, however as a special treat for my husband, who had recently passed his maths exams I emailed reservations to see if I could upgrade to a penthouse room. I received a lovely email back and thus proceeded with the change of room.
The hotel is based at Camden lock and was located exactly where I needed to be. Upon arrival we were given instructions to the nearest car park which was about ten mins walk away. Check in was simple and quick.
The hotel is clean, modern and looks newly refurbished. Our room was exactly as described. A huge room, bathroom and deck area overlooking camden lock. The views were amazing. The little touches in the room were really appreciated, a congrats message on our bathroom mirror and some congratulations balloons left on the bed. My husband was really pleased.
We were given instructions on how to get to the Jazz Cafe - literally a five minute walk away. We went off to see a fantastic up and coming rock star Nathan James (who incidentally you should all check out on You Tube as his voice will blow you away!!)
After the show we returned to the hotel and sat out on the balcony with a glass of wine. It was very noisy, with the bars and restaurants outside, however this did not disturb us
at all once the door was closed.
If you want complete peace and quiet however this may not be the place for you.
We decided to have breakfast at the hotel and were pleasantly surprised by the quality. For £9 per person we had a good variety of choice including fresh fruit, yogurt, a really good hot selection, breads and pastries and very good strong coffee served in a cafetiere. A great start to our day.
We checked out and left our case at reception as we decided
to walk to London Zoo via Camden Market. We had a lovely day and even got the boat back to the hotel (my feet were killing me!). Before leaving to drive home we stopped at the bar and had a drink and a sandwich and sat in the chill out area by the TV.
Overall we were very impressed with the hotel. The staff were very courteous and helpful and the room was fantastic. We were disappointed to have only stayed one night however we will definitely be back again for a longer weekend.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock Hotel
- Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Camden Lock
- Holiday Inn London
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock. This modern, stylish central London hotel is located in the heart of fashionable Camden Town & directly overlooking Regent's Canal. Camden Town, Euston, St Pancras & Kings Cross Tube & Rail stations are located only minutes from the hotel with easy access to the Eurostar International Terminal at St Pancras. There are regular links to Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted and City airports via King’s Cross, St Pancras, Paddington & Victoria rail stations and the Underground. The hotel is located outside the congestion charge zone. The Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock is sitting by Camden Markets and within walking distance to Regents Park, London Zoo, Lords Cricket Ground, Jazz Café, Koko & The Roundhouse Theatre. Make yourself comfortable in one of our 130 well-appointed rooms; with 1 or 2 double sized beds, plenty of room to swing a cat, hi-speed WiFi internet access (FREE in all public spaces) and also terraces for our fabulous Penthouse rooms! The Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock now offers all-day dining menu throughout for your anytime and 24Hr munchies. The hotel also boasts 6 function rooms including the Glasshouse on the Lock with floor to ceiling windows can accommodate up to 350. The additional 5 conference rooms accommodate 4 to 180 delegates perfect for all occasions. See our event page for more and do look us up here, on TripAdvisor! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.