i needed to be in central Camden so paid more than i am used to for a hotel. Did i regret it? A definite no i did not. the staff are friendly and helpful which is not always the case in London. They recognised me from check and sorted out every little issue such as my friend not remembering where her premier inn hotel was to sorting out the taxi to get her there. My friends who visited me there were all impressed by the size and quality of the room.
What really makes this the place to stay is its position. you have all the wonder and magic of Camden on your door step yet a 5 min tube ride has you in London. A five minute stroll down the canal has you in pretty rural looking scenes. As you can tell i loved my stay here. Yes there are cheaper hotels but if you can afford to stay here and love Camden then this is the place for you. I had breakfast at the hotel( a bargain at £7.50) but did not eat as there are too many tempting world wide cuisines on the doorstep to tempt me.
some say its noisy well yes there is the background buzz of Camden but if you are late in as i was you soon sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock. This modern, stylish central London hotel is located in the heart of fashionable Camden Town & directly overlooking Regent's Canal. Camden Town, Euston, St Pancras & Kings Cross Tube & Rail stations are located only minutes from the hotel with easy access to the Eurostar International Terminal at St Pancras. There are regular links to Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted and City airports via King’s Cross, St Pancras, Paddington & Victoria rail stations and the Underground. The hotel is located outside the congestion charge zone. The Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock is sitting by Camden Markets and within walking distance to Regents Park, London Zoo, Lords Cricket Ground, Jazz Café, Koko & The Roundhouse Theatre. Make yourself comfortable in one of our 130 well-appointed rooms; with 1 or 2 double sized beds, plenty of room to swing a cat, hi-speed WiFi internet access (FREE in all public spaces) and also terraces for our fabulous Penthouse rooms! The Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock now offers all-day dining menu throughout for your anytime and 24Hr munchies. The hotel also boasts 6 function rooms including the Glasshouse on the Lock with floor to ceiling windows can accommodate up to 350. The additional 5 conference rooms accommodate 4 to 180 delegates perfect for all occasions. See our event page for more and do look us up here, on TripAdvisor! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Camden Lock
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock England