“Would stay again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express London Stratford

You added Holiday Inn Express London Stratford to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express London Stratford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   196 High Street, London E15 2NE, England (East End / East London)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #463 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Derry, United Kingdom
“Would stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here over the weekend for a shopping trip. It is within 10 min walk to Westfield Shopping Centre & Stratford Station. Staff were so helpful as my friend forgot to actually make us a booking. They charged us reasonable rates that you would expect to pay. Rooms were clean and spacious, the hairdryer did not work and the reception staff got me another one with no fuss at all. Very accommodating hotel with pleasant and professional staff - esp Bartosz who joked with us and went out of his way to help us. I would stay here again - no problem at all!! Breakfast was basic but nice - esp for being free.

Room Tip: We were in 202 which was just beside the lift!! :)
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here for my friends 30th birthday as wanted to be close to Westfield shopping centre in Stratford, this did not disapoint in any way! its so close to Westfield and the the tube station and bus station is only a few minutes walk! Hotel was very clean and room was well equipped with everything we needed, I love Holiday Inn's as they do exactly what it says on the tin, for all the length of time u actually spend in a hotel room! Holiday inn prices are so hard to beat Beds were super comfortable, clean room, fresh towels a plenty, breakfast lovely and plenty of selection! and last but not least every one of the staff went out of their way for any request or query especially Bartosz, lovely gentleman couldn't do enough for us! Highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in london just outside the city but with great transport into right at your doorstep! :)

many thanks :)

Room Tip: I think any room is fine :)
aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Was very pleased with the hotel itself which was very nice and the location which was very close to Westfield and stratford shopping centres, the underground and DLR. The rooms were very nice and similar style to premier inn. We had a decent view of a school so not noisy due to staying at weekend. Noticed the hotel provided ear plugs if the room was too noisy though. Along with free essentials like toothpaste if you forgot.The breakfast was very good too, and free! Fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals, sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, beans, toast, croissants and muffins. As well as fruit juices three different kinds, a coffee machine with all different coffees and tea. We stayed there to go to concert at O2 arena which on the jubilee line at stratford underground (10 mins walk) took around 8 mins once you arrived was right outside the back of the station (3 stops away). I recommend an Oyster card and using the underground it's the easiest way to get about to most attractions using the jubilee line. Our room 413 was very good.

Room Tip: Room 413 was nice
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
ManagerE15, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Stratford, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Caz_leys,

Thank you for taking time and commenting us on Tripadvsior. Thank you for your wonderful feedback and we look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I statyed at holiday inn express on saturday 17th Jan, after getting back to my room, I left my cash, train ticket and receipts on the end of the second bed.

The next morning when I woke up, I noticed there was only £20 left from the £270 on the bed 6 hours prior.

As I was getting clothes on to rush downstairs, you could faintly here a police siren, at which point the 2 Portuguese cleaners that had been camped outside my room for the last 10/15 mins said to each other "policia, policia". this seems a bit odd to me. Anyway as expected I rushed downstairs to report this and spoke to the duty manager. she took down my details, said there was nothing that they could do, until they check the computers, to tell them who had been in and out of the room.

It is not monday, and I have still not heard one word from this hotel.

On top of this, the food I ate on the saturday was under cooked, the chicken in the chicken burger was pink, and the 'toasted' bun was somehow soggy.

I will not be booking into this hotel or any other holiday inn!!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Julian H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Stratford, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Nathan C
I am sorry to hear that money has disappeared from your room. As per my colleague Antoinette's emails to you we strongly urge you to contact the police. Myself and Antoinette reviewed the cctv footage from camera's in the lift lobby and the corridor in your room. We have also audited the lock to see who has entered your room. As seen on the cctv and advised to you by email the only person that entered your room is your friend at 11:30 in the morning. He has used the key that the hotel cut for you upon check in. We have contacted the police and advised them but they have confirmed that you are the only person that will be able to report the crime. We also recommend in the future that you do not give your hotel room key to anyone.
My colleague Antoinette advised you when you were checking out that the hotel would investigate your claims that your money has gone missing and contact you within 48 hours. Antoinette sent you a response the following day of you reporting the incident so I am surprised that you complained about the time it has taken to get in touch with you. If you have not received any of our emails please contact us to update your details..
We take all food complaints seriously and investigate every incident. We did not receive a complaint on the 17th January. i urge you in future to contact the duty manager if you have serious concerns like this one regarding our food so we can investigate it completely and provide the full explanation that you deserve. It is difficult to fully investigate the incident two days later particularly when the allegation has only been reported over Trip Advisor .None the less I have completed an investigation into this allegation and can see all HACCP procedures were followed over the weekend. Our chefs both have over ten years experience and comply with strict food cooking and hygiene practices. If you have any more information on this please contact us as we have urged you to on our emails to you.
Yours Sincerely
Julian Hudson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

we have just got back from our weekend in London, the Holiday Inn Express was clean, tidy all the staff that were working, were friendly, helpful, cheerful, and very welcoming, the breakfast was ok, but overall it made our stay very relaxing,,we would highly recommend and would happily stay there again.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Dear Kiley D,

Thank you for your great comments, it is great to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope you see again on your next visit to London.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were a bit dissapointed with this hotel. The staff were not rude but not friendly or welcoming. For the price you can definitely find better and more hospitable service elsewhere in Dublin. We stayed in many hotels and had vastly superior service and room quality for the same price. We arrived to the hotel at about 1 p.m. and as we were invited for a dinner somewhere else we just wanted to have a lunch in the hotel but the restaurant was not open for lunch only for dinner. I just wanted to iron my clothes but there is no iron in the room, I had to go to another floor to find a small room with iron and ironing board. I found it very inconvenient. No safe in the room. In the lobby you can find a locker and use it as your own safe but I do not think it`s a great idea. I was not very impressed with the breakfast either. The room was small but quiet as we requested room not facing the street on the higher floor.Good location within short walking distance of shopping centre and metro station.Overall it was fine, but I probably would not return.

Room Tip: Try to get a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed for one night on New Year’s Eve with all the London hotel prices being quite exorbitant on the day. Price wise this was the most reasonable for location we required. All the usual facilities were there and of the usual standard and the staff were quite helpful. Stratford High St DLR is within 5 minutes flat walk away and the main Stratford station about 10 min. Parking I believe was being charged as a 'first come first served' £20 a day. It didn't sound too promising and hence we didn't take a chance. We certainly paid a ridiculous amount of money for the day but not a bad option on less busier days perhaps when the price will reflect its actual value which is 3 star.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerE15, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Stratford, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Sanjaya_Wijeyekoon,

Thank you for taking time to review the Holiday Inn Express London Stratford. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found hotel location convenient.We look forward welcoming you again in a near future.

Holiday Inn Express London Stratford

Been to Holiday Inn Express London Stratford? Share your experiences!