My first trip to London, we were going to see a concert in the O2 and i found it impossible to find any hotels on this that would be recommended for this purpose. I can reassure anybody who is going to see a concert in the O2 this hotel is perfect. It is less than 10 minutes on the tube to Northern Greenwich which is where the O2 is located. It is on the opposite side of the city so you wont be waiting for ages to get on the crowded tube when concerts are on.
The Inn itself is lovely, clean, comfortable and the staff are very friendly. There is FREE wifi in the Inn which was a brilliant bonus because most places charge you.The breakfast is FREE, which is a great bonus and you also get the choice of a continental or hot breakfast. I don't know of any other place I have stayed that would offer you a free hot breakfast. Ok its not the full Irish but a breakfast is a breakfast and it fills you until lunch what more could you ask for.
The rooms were clean and tidy, ok they are basic but a hotel room is a hotel room all you want is a nice comfy bed, a warm room and a hot shower and this place has all of that.
To get to the Holiday Inn is very easy you can go on the central or jubilee line directly to Stratford. If coming from Gatwick Airport like I was the train takes 20-25 mins to London Bridge and there you switch to the Jubilee line and it takes another 20-25 mins to get to Stratford and the Inn is a 5 min walk around the corner.
There is a massive shopping centre 5 min walk from the Inn, beside the tube station which was a massive bonus for me I love shopping :) Im guessing over 200 shops I couldn't go around to them all I didn't have the time, but all the big names you would expect to see in any shopping centre. Loads of choices for different meals everything you would want under one roof.
This Inn was perfect and as it was our first trip to London we didn't have a clue where anything was. We will definatly be staying here again any time we visit London. It so easy to access
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn-Express London-Stratford Hotel. Located just 7 minutes walk from Stratford Station, with great links taking you to O2 Arena, Excel Exhibition Centre & Canary Wharf in just 15 minutes. Central London, The City & West End, are easily reached by Central and Jubilee tube lines. Express by Holiday Inn London Stratford is situated in the heart of East London, site of the 2012 LONDON OLYMPICS. Stratford Regional and International Station with the Eurostar Rail Link is due to be opened in Sep 2011. Stratford has excellent connections, making it easy to get to Holiday Inn-Express London Stratford. The hotel is 3 miles from A13 with its excellent links to A406 North Circular Road, A127, M25 & M11. Proximity of London City Airport via Docklands Light Railway and Stansted Airport via National Express Coach makes Holiday Inn-Express London Stratford an ideal base for business or pleasure. Complimentary Express Hot Breakfast is served every morning in our Great Room. Evening meals are served Monday-Sunday 18:00 22:00. Car Park booking is FIRST COME FIRST SERVE only. Charges £20 PER NIGHT PER CAR. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Orbitz so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London Stratford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London Stratford Hotel London
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express London Stratford England