“basic, handy for tube but don't expect friendly welcome.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of St. George's Pimlico

You added St. George's Pimlico to your Saves list
St. George's Pimlico
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   107 & 115 St George's Dr | Victoria, London SW1V 4DA, England   |
Ranked #757 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Lancashire
“basic, handy for tube but don't expect friendly welcome.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The hotel is very basic, and in the main clean, does appear to have been recently decorated, but our sheet had a hole in it, with threadbare prickly woollen blanket and an old bedspread, with more woollen blankets in cupboard. Remote for tv handed to you with your keys and no kettle, let alone tea bags and supplies. We stayed out all day rather than go back. Fortunately we stayed for only one night as our previous hotel could not accommodate an extra night.

Fortunately our room was on what they classed as the 2nd floor with 3 flights of very steep stairs, carrying luggage was no joke.

Breakfast the next day was farcical, we were waiting for the tv crew to jump out and say it was a wind up. We sat down and we're ordered to another table. Orange juice or cornflakes was barked at us, followed by eggs! Do not request medium boiled eggs unless you like them raw.

Soon as breakfast was over we left, we preferred to sit in Euston station for 2 1/2 hours than spend any longer there.

Pro - very near to Pimlico tubbe and no 24 bus stops near by.

Could be excellent with a little work and would help if curtains weren't shorter than window.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights here with my husband. This is the fifth hotel we stayed at during this trip and my least favorite by far. No elevator but we were luckily only two floors up. Room was a decent size for European standards and the bathroom was as well. But the room was tired and old. Seemed fairly clean, but I was honestly afraid to touch too much. The bed was not very comfortable. Breakfast was fine, I wasnt a huge fan personally, but my husband liked it. Wifi was free and worked sometimes in the room but always in the common areas. Very close to Pimlico underground and close to many sites. Overall I would not return. Its a shame because with a little effort and updating it could be a truly beautiful little hotel.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

First things first, this is not a Four Seasons Hotel. London is a very, very expensive city for hotels so people on a budget (including on business trips) need to be wary of that in the first place. I had actually stayed at this hotel in the past but made the mistake of booking a room with a shared bathroom; a mistake I did not make this time.
So, the location is good (5+ minute walk to Pimlico Station, which is in Zone 1), and the area is nice with lots around it for food etc.
The hotel, like all of the "budget" hotels in London is indeed dated, but it comes with the territory. My single room ended up being surprisingly spacious (by London standards), though with a bit of a walk up a couple of flights of stairs. I am happy that I didn't have a full suitcase but rather a soft-sided bag! Yes, the room could use some updates but if you are on a budget, it's acceptable and at the very least clean.
I had some issues with the internet that the reception worked hard to fix, which I appreciated, and in the end it did work.
So, all in all, if you can book a room with a bathroom, I think that will be better and you will have a more pleasant experience.

Room Tip: There aren't elevators (lifts) so if you have a problem climbing stairs, see if you can get a lo...
kent uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Had an overnight stay here as in London on business during recent heatwave. Given an attic room on the top floor which meant hauling my bags up 82 stairs as there is no lift. My room was a double but I had to walk sideways past the end of the bed as it was so close to the opposite wall. The carpet was so bad, I kept shoes on all the time. The bed had a nasty nylon quilted (very 1960s) bedspread with black marks on it and the blanket underneath was suitable only for a dog's bed. The hairdryer runs off a coin meter. There were very few TV channels (although several adult ones). The toilet bowl had dodgy stains. The mirror doors on the wardrobe had smashed glass in one and there were only 4 plastic coat hangers. The window didn't open so the heat was extreme in the room.
As I had already paid and knew of nowhere locally where I could book another room I decided it would have to do for one night.
In the morning, I noticed that the bottom sheet which had untucked from under the mattress had dubious stains on it which seemed more suited to a brothel and the pillows also had stains under the pillowcases. A damp patch on one wall, cracked plaster, mold under the small window, brown stains on one wall...the list seems endless.
Breakfast was inedible: weak coffee, a very small glass of sour orange juice, very thin white value bread for toast and no option for brown bread. The 'full English' consisted of a choice of egg, a small, gristly chipolata, 1 rasher purple ??? bacon which snapped in half and a dessert spoon of sugary, burnt, value baked beans.
The owner and wife were miserable and clearly not at all keen for repeat business and they certainly won't be getting any recommendations from me.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

On a beautiful street in Pimlico sits the St George's Hotel, here the beauty ends. The hotel is faded at best with steep dark stairs to the top floor, eight flights to be precise. I suggest you forget your luggage and carry only the TV remote control which you are handed with the room key. Breakfast is a sad affair with options (few) barked at you by the staff. Small stuffy rooms also lack basic amenities. The hairdryer in my room threatened to burn the hotel to the ground before blowing a fuse. This hotel is classed as three stars but i fail to see where they were earned.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Being handed a tv remote control unit along with your key on arrival is not a good sign. Why would a hotel in a nice street in Pimlico trust its guests so little as to not have tv remotes in rooms? This poor first impression is immediately made worse as I have to climb 8 flights of steep narrow stairs to get to my room. No lifts, just steep stairs, mean that this is not a hotel to stay in if you have anything other than an overnight case. seats are however provided on the landings where I would often see fellow guests resting during their ascent. Room itself was rather cramped and stuffy. Breakfast room small: I got in straight away but 10 minutes later people were queuing on steep steps, waiting to be admitted. Staff rather dour, with just a touch of the Fawlty Towers about them. Only this final comedic element stops this being a 1 out of 5. Glad I was staying just the one night.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to St. George's Pimlico? Share your experiences!