“Great tour!” 4 of 5 stars

Utrecht, The Netherlands
14 attraction reviews
“Great tour!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I left a review on the main website but of course I need to make it official and add it to Trip Advisor! This is a great little tour where you will visit a number of chocolate stores and sample some damn fine choccies! Our guide Becky (I think that is her name) really made it due to her enthusiasm, friendly-ness and knowledge. Although we were walking in the rain, it was great discovering areas of the city. This is a great group activity to do that is light and easy. For those who are expecting a full on program, this is not it but what you will come out with is a pleasant experience and favourite chocolate shops to add to your list.

Keep up the great work and Chris…thanks for organizing this little surprise!

Visited February 2013

Fairfax Station, Virginia
9 attraction reviews
“Not a good experience...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had scheduled this tour a couple weeks in advance of our trip to London. We only had a few days in the city, and had several things planned for each day, so we didn't have much wriggle room in our schedule.

The day before the tour (when we were on our way to the UK), I received a voice mail - our tour had been cancelled, since not enough people had signed up to make it worthwhile for them to run it. Hmmm. OK. I guess I can understand that....sort of. It seems like for what they charge for a family, it would still be worth their while, but OK.

I called when I had phone service back....and here's where the run-around started.

They really wanted to schedule us for another chocolate tour...at their convenience. They insisted, actually. There was an earlier tour that day (we already had another tour scheduled for early in the day). There was a tour the following day (again, we had other things scheduled). I had to refuse multiple times, and had to explain myself each time - our schedule was tight and I didn't have another 4 hour block free during hte time we were in London! How many times did I have to repeat it? The receptionist was a bit snotty, and less than understanding, which didn't help.
After going round and round, I asked if they could just refund our money. After all, THEY cancelled on US.
This proved difficult. The young lady had to call her supervisor. They don't normally give refunds.

She called me back awhile later. She asked again if we could make one of the other chocolate tours. Did I stutter??? NO!

Well, maybe we could take the chocolate tour next time we were in London, then? Well, let's see....I live in Virginia, and plan to visit again....someday.....but no. No plans to come back in the near future. And frankly, given the way you treat your customers, you may not be here to give me my tour....so....NO!

Then she started offering me one of their other tours instead. Perhaps my 10 year old daughter would enjoy a little moonlight stroll through the dank, foggy, frightening streets on London on their "Jack the Ripper" night tour? Because, really...what says family bonding better than a tour of the haunts of vicious, mentally depraved, serial murderer? Sure! Great idea!

NOT!

I kept insisting they refund our money. Finally, she said they would issue a refund. But only if I emailed them after I was back in the States and reminded them. Because she would probably forget. Seriously???

In fairness, I emailed the day I got back and they grudgingly refunded us. But it took them over a week and yet another email enquiring whether we'd be back in London again soon to take a "make up" tour to get it.

Sheesh!

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
47 attraction reviews
“Great afternoon out in a picturesque bit of London”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I really enjoyed this tour - there were generous samples at each chocolate shop location, and I have been back to a couple of the shops for gifts and afternoon tea already. Great hot chocolate available, and the tasting session at the last shop is great.

You do only get samples in each shop, but as there are 5 shops, I was more than satisfied with the amount of really good quality chocolate (as well as some brownies and macaroons) we had, and 2 hot chocolates as well. More than enough - come the end of the tour we were all done with chocolate for the day!

The one thing i would change is the trip to Harrods. You're not actually allowed to take tour groups through Harrods, so we had to be a bit hush hush, and the food hall is absolutely rammed at all times, so that wasn't really worth it. The other 4 shops were great though.

I can imagine this is pretty uncomfortable in bad weather, as there is a lot of walking. It was cold when we went, but that was just fine.

Visited November 2012
London
“Chocolate tour gimmick”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My sister received the chocolate tour as a birthday gift, we were looking forward to the experience despite the appalling weather. When our tour guide arrived, it quickly became apparent that the tour was not going to be up to standard. Our guide explained that the chocolate tour would essentially consist of going in to chocolate shops and getting samples as well as a “whopping” 10% off anything we wanted to buy.

Considering the tour value for 2 people is £60 we were not expecting that our chocolate tasting experience would rely on us spending more of our own money in these chosen chocolate stores. To be honest you would be better off saving your money, not going on the tour and spending 60 quid on chocolate in your local supermarket.

At the first store we went to we were each offered a few chocolate covered coffee beans and in the second store we were led to believe we would get a 50% discount, when this discount in fact only related to one product. Completely misleading and disappointing. Why were we being encouraged to buy chocolate anyway? We believed we were going for an experience, not a glorified shopping trip. The tour was so terrible that after nearly an hour and the third tiresome chocolate shop “visit” we jumped ship, this was predictably the best part of the tour. Do not waste your time or money on this tour.

Visited January 2013
“I thought I was a choc-fiend before!....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

From a place where all chocolates are made in the kitchen below the shop, one truffle had "black pudding and cider in it!!", to where the queen buys her chocolate. You really get a sense of the variety of chocolate out there, Ferrie knew a lot about the history of it too, and made sure it wasn't boring!

Visited October 2012