“Cancelled my hen do dinner without telling me” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Cancelled my hen do dinner without telling me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Some months ago, I reserved a table for my two bridesmaids and me to have an intimate hen-do meal. I had been to Trangallen before and really enjoyed the food and the vibe of the place, so I booked the restaruant many weeks in advance.

But on the night we strolled up the restaurant, only to be told, very rudely by the waitress, that our reservation had been cancelled. Apparently they had tried to call me to confirm my booking (I had no missed call to prove this) but because I had not answered, they cancelled it. I don't work in the restaurant business, but surely you don't just cancel a booking if someone doesn't answer their phone? I was never told this would be the case when I made my booking, nor was there any reference to this on the Trangallen website.

The waitress was the opposite of apologetic. She didn't say sorry once or offer us a drink or meal another time to make up for it - even after we explained that this was a special dinner, for me hen do. The waitress instead asked who I had made the booking with and when I told her it was a man, she said that must have been the chef and that he shouldn't take bookings. How was I to know this?!

We were all so shocked and disappointed. The attitude of the waitress was so unpleasant and rude that I actually left in tears. It really spoiled the start of what was intended to be such a special evening.

What a shame Trangallen - I had been such a huge fan until that point. I've never been back since.

Visited May 2012

london
“Could be great.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Four of us came here and shared four tapas dishes and two mains. Insanely overpriced and not that great, though I think they should be lauded for trying for originality. A piece of turbot about two inches square on a few root vegetables was £13.50. Stopped-in to a kebabish on the way home to fill up.

Atmosphere and enthusiastic staff excellent, however, but sadly won't be back until the portions increase.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hangzhou, China
“One of the best and most original Tapas restaurants in Europe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Being a regular visitor to Spain I do not usually eat Spanish food in the UK. This place though would hold its own anywhere. The staple Tortillas and salads are impeccable and the meats and sea food are wonderfully original and tasty. A highlight was some lamb served in a subtle and aromatic clear broth. The menu of sherries has some very special ones and the wines are good. Try the Austrian pinot noir. Definitely recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Sadly never tried it, as no veggie options :-(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Trangallan looks lovely and I've heard good things about it, but they steadfastly decline to offer any real veggie options. So we haven't been past the menu.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“little quality big prices”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

tapas menu is very small and extremely expensive (paid 13£ for a chewy piece of meat smaller than my thumb)

• Visited August 2012