“Perfect stay at the sapphire” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sapphire Hotel

You added Sapphire Hotel to your Saves list
Sapphire Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   35 Shepherds Bush Road | Hammersmith, London W6 7LU, England   |
Ranked #254 of 525 London B&B and Inns
“Perfect stay at the sapphire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed at the sapphire hotel with my partner for two nights. We attended the o2 empire whilst we stayed thete. The room was very clean and well furnished. The location is convinient tube stations within walking distance. Only feedback would be to extend the checkout times, however this was easily arranged as the staff were really helpful.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

After looking at the pictures and the reviews at booking.com, i got the impression of an okay hotel to a good price. But i was very wrong. The "reception" was in the eating area, where the family also apparently ate dinner in the evenings.. The staff was helpful when we had some problems with the shower. But when they took my private towel with a mistake, and i asked for it back in the "reception", the first thing they responded was "are you very connected to this towel, is it necessary to get it back?" Well, I'm not connected to it, but i would like to have it back! So they told me i will have it the morning after. This didn't happen, so i asked the day after again.. they said the same thing then and seemed to don't remember any of it. The day we checked out we got the towel at last, after asking for it 4 times and a bad attitude! About the room- it looks ok, not much storage place! The bathroom was nice. The bed was very small for a double! The room had a door out to a plateau/terrace we shared with the kitchen. In other words, we woke up around 7 am in the morning of the terrible noise from the kitchen, it seems like they washed 1000 knives and forks! No air-condition. Located on a noisy road, sirens quite often. We came back to the room after sightseeing one of the days and it was a cigarette pack,a lighter and half a tooth stick in our room and dust from a smoke on the bed, both me and my boyfriend are not smoking and it was not ours. I told this to the man in the "reception" and gave him the things. The response was not very understanding, He asked if i was sure about this! And didn't apologize it!
The breakfast was not in a high standard.
After 2 night I couldn't wait to get out of this hotel!!
I would not recommend anyone to stay there!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is not a hotel, it's a B&B. There is no manned reception and no additional services than can be requested. There are no other facilities you may expect like a gym.

Good points - the rooms have recently been fitted and decorated. The bed was good quality although very small for a double. Breakfast was ok but basic and microwave-tastic. Breakfast service was very good. TV was good, digital and hung on the wall. Card access to building and room which is easy to use.

Bad points - there are a few...

No wardrobe or place to store anything.
No iron.
Greeting wasn't that friendly.
Small bed.
Located by a very busy road. Very noisy.
Didn't actually stay in the Sapphire - was moved 7/8 doors down the road!
No shower mat.
No hand towel.

Overall I don't think I would stay here again. I'm sure you can get more for less money. Some of the reviews strike me as suspicious also. I can't see this place ever getting a 5.

Room Tip: Away from the road side
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Among all the hotels in the world we experienced - this was the worst experience (and we travel a lot and to London regularly).

I booked this place as a gift for my wife and payed online for 4 nights. We tought it would be a friendly little family hotel, that's why we had chosen it on cheaptickets.de.

Unfortunately my wife had to cancel her flight on the day of travelling (this was our mistake).

We called the hotel immediately around 4pm and asked them if we could change the booking and come a month later instead. I was of course willing to pay a fee for this Change of dates or even the first night. To be clear: We didnt want our money back, we just kindly asked if we could change the dates of our stay.

"Not possible", was the answer that came in apretty rude way. Reason: "Our Terms and Conditions don't allow this". (We are not talking about a huge hotel chain, but a little Inn with 14 rooms!)

We I then asked the apparent owner, a man named Agil, if I could send someone else to stay in the room, since I have paid for it it, he said: "Not possible - because of our Terms and Conditions" (you cannot change the name of a guest once paid, I wonder why).

To cut a long story short: Once you have paid, you are lost. You won't get anything back, your money is gone and so is your room. And I am sure they are happy they can sell it again to another stupid customer (sorry for the wording, but that's how I feel after exchanging several Emails with the owner).

We come from Switzerland where we have some of the world's best hotel management schools (Lausanne and Lucerne). I hope the owner of this place uses the money he got from us and books himself into a course called customerSERVICE.

When I told him that I would publish my very unpleasent experience on tripadvisor, he said this was blackmail. Where I come from, we simply call it feedback.

So better read

Stayed July 2013
35sapphire, Guest Relations Manager at Sapphire Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,
Please note your booking was a non-refundable type & the terms and conditions are straight forward. You cannot change, amend or even cancel your booking. We have been communicating via email and I am surprised why you have called our staff rude and insulting. Please read the terms and conditions when booking a hotel.
Passau, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was there with my pupils and everybody was very pleased with the hotel rooms and the friendliness of the staff. The breakfast was also good and enough, even for the hungry pupils.
I can recommend this hotel. It is located near two tube stations.

Room Tip: Stay there, it's close to the centre, a safe area and not expensive.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I picked this hotel because of its location - only a short 10 minute walk to London Olympia. Extremely clean, modern decor with good facilities near by, such as Westfield shopping centre. I stayed in a single room which was sufficient for my purposes for 2 nights but definitely on the small size. The shower door was stiff to close but other than that a perfect stay. I would stay at this hotel again if I was in London for work.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a small hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Made-to-order breakfast. Room is clean and has all necessities.The nearest tube station is just a few minutes walk (Central line). Also near a huge mall. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. The only con we experienced was that whoever was in the room above us was loud (it sounded like they were jumping from the bed onto the floor). Of course that says more about the people in the room than the hotel, but it's something to consider if you're a light sleeper.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Sapphire Hotel? Share your experiences!