“Poor Service!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel

You added St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel to your Saves list
St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   54 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6AF, England (Formerly Crowne Plaza London - St. James) (Westminster)   |
Special Offer
Stay Offers
Ranked #174 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Limerick
“Poor Service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Check in was very slow. £50 had to be paid from my credit card at check in. This is Hotel Policy, I've never encountered it before.It was returned 3 days later but I lost out on exchange rate. I had booked a twin room but the room assigned had a double bed. It took 4 phone calls to Housekeeping for a fold up bed (most uncomfortable) to arrive. Breakfast was chaotic, long wait for buffet to be replenished.

Room Tip: The room was fine as a double but the fold up bed was uncomfortable!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this review, today
Dear margaretmV3082RP,

Thank you for sharing your disappointing stay experience, we are sorry to read that you were not happy with several aspects of your stay and the service that you have received. I have sent you a personal message to try to establish when and where you stayed and so I can address each of these areas not only with yourself but also with the team at the hotel.

Thank you again for the feedback and please accept my apologies for the disappointing stay experience. I hope to hear back from you shortly.

St James' Court, A Taj Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Lovely place! Great location and really easy to find, beautiful food and nice staff, made a crazy stay really welcoming and relaxed- would recommend staying again to all my friends- lovely jubbly indeed!

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Jscoble,

Thank you for the review for your stay. Whilst the trip was hectic, I am delighted that the hotel offered you an oasis of calm and glad you were able to get away from the crazy trip. Thank you for the endorsement and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Thank you again for the review of your stay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Friendly staff at the hotel reception, was checked in by Isabelle who was really nice and welcoming and while checking out, Anubhav made sure everything had went well! It's a great location and a modern interior, the only negatives of the hotel as the long walk to the room from the lobby, it could literally take you 6 min to reach your room, it's kind of a maze to get to your room.
An overall good experience

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear SkySan436,

Thank you for the review following your stay with us. We are pleased to read that from your arrival to departure that you enjoyed the experience and the service provided by the reception team in particular. I appreciate your feedback regarding the distance of some of the rooms, I hope to establish where you stayed and so we can avoid this room on a future stay.

Thank you again for your feedback.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to book a room very late in the morning (3rd of May around 4am) as we had a party with friends and it was too late to go back to Surrey.
Upon check in we have been given a room which is was great. The service was quick and efficient. Arriving to the room we called to ask two dental kits that we never received. Called a second time to ask for 5S charger that they never sent to the room. I had to call a third time to ask for the charger and the answer was : of sorry we don't borrow charger: bring it to the reception we will charge it for you. Very unprofessional and rude service.
Its sad to realise that the service is different depending of the guest... I didn't like my stay at this hotel and will never stay!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear HabibaMaya,

Thank you for the feedback for your stay with us. I am disappointed to read the level and quality of service that you received and this is being addressed immediately. I have reached out to you directly to understand a little more about your experience and I hope to hear from you soon. With regret we do not always have the phone charges available that can be delivered to a room, but what I believe my colleagues were trying to explain was that we have a charge station at the reception desk that we could do this for you.

Thank you again for the feedback and review. I assure you improvements will be made to the level of service that you received.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Located just minutes from Buckingham Palace and Liverpool St Station, a little gem in the heart of London. A very nice hotel with very professional, friendly and courteous staff. I would recommend this hotel to any traveller in London.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Lisa C,

Thank you for the review for your stay with us. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed this experience and found the service to your liking. I believe that you are referring to Victoria station rather than Liverpool Street Station on the review as this is a little further away.

Thank you again for the review, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

stayed here second time in past few years and a tad sad that the management could have been a bit well oiled. of course the signature taj management is changing fast i hear from india but yet not swift enough to respond to requests. the bar is lovely and my favourite though and the location wins over in heart of london steps away from marble arch. would be back in june this year and hope to see changes

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Ruchelleondgo,

Thank you for your review for your stays and preview to your forthcoming stay at the hotel. We are disappointed that you have not been entirely satisfied with the hotel operation and I hope that this will be corrected. The hotel is located next to Buckingham Palace and not next to Marble Arch, this is about a 5 - 10 minute taxi ride from the hotel or a 20 minute walk.

We look forward to welcoming you back and so you can see the improvements that have been made.

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I recently traveled to London for the fist time. Though my travel was work related and outside of London, on a Saturday I took the train and spent one night. I was fortunate to have a friend recommend the St. James Court. Though a bit outside my budget, it was worth every pound. The hotel has a good location, close to Westminster Abby, Buckingham Palace and the St. James Park. It's a very impressive building with a beautiful court yard. The staff was welcoming and friendLy. Though my room was far from the elevators, it was worth the "maze like" walk. The room was small, but what it lacked in size, it made up with comfort, lovely decor, soft bed, and a marbled bathroom. I had no view, but that's what you get for the price. The lobby has a nice bar with the traditional tea time and a lovely selection of cocktails. I highly recommend the splurge.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Dear Ali D,

Thank you for the review following your stay with us. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the overall stay and despite the size of your room, found the hotel comfortable and most importantly the service from the team to be helpful and friendly.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back and thank you again for sharing your experience.

St James' Court, A Taj Hotel

Been to St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel? Share your experiences!