“Great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel

You added St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel to your Saves list
St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   54 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6AF, England (Formerly Crowne Plaza London - St. James) (Westminster)   |
Special Offer
Stay Offers
Ranked #174 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Lovely place! Great location and really easy to find, beautiful food and nice staff, made a crazy stay really welcoming and relaxed- would recommend staying again to all my friends- lovely jubbly indeed!

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Friendly staff at the hotel reception, was checked in by Isabelle who was really nice and welcoming and while checking out, Anubhav made sure everything had went well! It's a great location and a modern interior, the only negatives of the hotel as the long walk to the room from the lobby, it could literally take you 6 min to reach your room, it's kind of a maze to get to your room.
An overall good experience

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to book a room very late in the morning (3rd of May around 4am) as we had a party with friends and it was too late to go back to Surrey.
Upon check in we have been given a room which is was great. The service was quick and efficient. Arriving to the room we called to ask two dental kits that we never received. Called a second time to ask for 5S charger that they never sent to the room. I had to call a third time to ask for the charger and the answer was : of sorry we don't borrow charger: bring it to the reception we will charge it for you. Very unprofessional and rude service.
Its sad to realise that the service is different depending of the guest... I didn't like my stay at this hotel and will never stay!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear HabibaMaya,

Thank you for the feedback for your stay with us. I am disappointed to read the level and quality of service that you received and this is being addressed immediately. I have reached out to you directly to understand a little more about your experience and I hope to hear from you soon. With regret we do not always have the phone charges available that can be delivered to a room, but what I believe my colleagues were trying to explain was that we have a charge station at the reception desk that we could do this for you.

Thank you again for the feedback and review. I assure you improvements will be made to the level of service that you received.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Located just minutes from Buckingham Palace and Liverpool St Station, a little gem in the heart of London. A very nice hotel with very professional, friendly and courteous staff. I would recommend this hotel to any traveller in London.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Lisa C,

Thank you for the review for your stay with us. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed this experience and found the service to your liking. I believe that you are referring to Victoria station rather than Liverpool Street Station on the review as this is a little further away.

Thank you again for the review, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

stayed here second time in past few years and a tad sad that the management could have been a bit well oiled. of course the signature taj management is changing fast i hear from india but yet not swift enough to respond to requests. the bar is lovely and my favourite though and the location wins over in heart of london steps away from marble arch. would be back in june this year and hope to see changes

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Ruchelleondgo,

Thank you for your review for your stays and preview to your forthcoming stay at the hotel. We are disappointed that you have not been entirely satisfied with the hotel operation and I hope that this will be corrected. The hotel is located next to Buckingham Palace and not next to Marble Arch, this is about a 5 - 10 minute taxi ride from the hotel or a 20 minute walk.

We look forward to welcoming you back and so you can see the improvements that have been made.

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I recently traveled to London for the fist time. Though my travel was work related and outside of London, on a Saturday I took the train and spent one night. I was fortunate to have a friend recommend the St. James Court. Though a bit outside my budget, it was worth every pound. The hotel has a good location, close to Westminster Abby, Buckingham Palace and the St. James Park. It's a very impressive building with a beautiful court yard. The staff was welcoming and friendLy. Though my room was far from the elevators, it was worth the "maze like" walk. The room was small, but what it lacked in size, it made up with comfort, lovely decor, soft bed, and a marbled bathroom. I had no view, but that's what you get for the price. The lobby has a nice bar with the traditional tea time and a lovely selection of cocktails. I highly recommend the splurge.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Dear Ali D,

Thank you for the review following your stay with us. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the overall stay and despite the size of your room, found the hotel comfortable and most importantly the service from the team to be helpful and friendly.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back and thank you again for sharing your experience.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

the rooms we got (281 & 282) were a tired and they didn't feel to be really clean, although there's not much to complain as everything was working well, the beds and linen were very comfortable
the food in both restaurants and in the bar was of excellent quality - one complain here: when you get the check you should know that the hotel will ad later on the 12.5% service charge on your bill. I was left with the impresison (and the bar check looks like this) that gratuity was not included so I happily added 15% on top of the sum for the good service..and discovered later on an additional charge of 12.5% at check-out, that wasn't nice!
if the breakfast is not included no need to book it, it's average - better options across the road available
environment is not priority number 1 at this hotel: towels are replaced every day despite hanging them on the hook for a second use, the toilet flushing wastes an incredible amount of water every time you use it and the windows leak on evey corner so there's no need tovent the room - I'm not an ecologist at all but I was puzzled by this facts this time, a pity!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear luis b,

Thank you for your review for your families stay with us at the St James' Court, A Taj Hotel. We are pleased to read in general that you enjoyed this experience, however appreciate the feedback on what we can do better. I apologise if you felt misled about the service charge. We are about to install a new system in our restaurant and bars which will show more clearly what is charged to you and avoid these issues in the future. I will personally be addressing the green issues that you raised and correcting these where possible.

Thank you again for your feedback, we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

St James' Court, A Taj Hotel

Been to St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel? Share your experiences!