“A Lovely Historic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel

You added St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel to your Saves list
St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   54 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6AF, England (Formerly Crowne Plaza London - St. James) (Westminster)   |
Special Offer
TripAdvisor Special Offer
Ranked #183 of 1,058 Hotels in London
Cape May, New Jersey
“A Lovely Historic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stayed here with family and had a wonderful time. The rooms are spacious and very
comfortable. The location is idea for walking to many of London's major attractions.The
staff was very friendly and accommodating. The historic building housing the hotel has the most amazing curb appeal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear markhellinger,

Thank you for the review following your stay back in October 2013. We are delighted that your great memories of your stay were such a positive one that you feel obliged to complete a review 9 months after your stay. I am pleased you like the décor and kerb appeal and most importantly found the service to a high standard. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back sometime soon.

Thank you again for the review of your stay.

Loganville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I am really glad I stumbled across this hotel when looking for a well located room in London. The rate I found on an online site was so good, they must have made a typo! :) Service was great. Room was spacious, comfortable, and nicely appointed. The WiFi was throttled but free at that speed your entire visit, something I did not find in another London property on my trip. The staff was fantastic. Everyone I dealt with was very nice. I was able to arrive early the day I checked in and leave my bags. When I checked in later that night, the bags were waiting in my room. Similarly, when I left, I was able to easily store my luggage until I was ready to pick them up. The location is great. The hotel is not too far from the St. James Underground station or the Victoria train and Underground station. Bus access is readily available just down the street at Victoria Rd. You are only a short walk from Buckingham Palace and the Royal Mews to the north and Westminster Cathedral on the south. If I am ever in London in the future, I would absolutely consider this property again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank DebrianTravels
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear FinanceBuzz,

Thank you for the review following your stay with us, we are glad that you have now found us and I hope to be your new go to hotel when visiting London. There is not too much more I can say regarding your review as you have covered most things, I hope that on a future stay we can entice you into the bar or restaurant.

Thank you for the review, we hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed in this wonderful hotel on 28th may. We could not fault anything, the hotel is beautiful, the staff very professional and friendl. The location is very central, within 5 mins walking distance to Buckingham Palace. The food in Banks restaurant overlooking the hotel courtyard was to die for!..
A special thank you to Micky in reservations for the room upgrade to a beautiful suite..we were so thrilled!
We will definately be stating here again.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank janetgra
Dear janetgra,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We were delighted that you enjoyed your stay and liked the upgraded room. We are very fortunate to have a wonderful location in London that allows you to discover many of the great London sites and without needing to use public transport.

Thank you again for the review, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

St.James was recently bought by the India-based Taj Group and that prompted us to book our 4-day stay in London there for a dose of the famous English Hospitality mixed with an Indian flavour. We were not disappointed. Although it was a little difficult booking the room online since their online reservation system was a little quirky, but finally got it through. The hotel is located a stone's throw from the iconic Buckingham Palace, and the royal atmosphere extends to the hotel as well. While its compact and not nearly as large as some of the grand properties of the Taj Group, its service was impeccable and the treatment regal. Right from the time we checked in we felt at home. The daily breakfast was decidedly delicious and the restaurant service of top quality, although in-room dining can be a little on the expensive side. Staying in touch with business back home in India was a breeze thanks to the fast and complimentary wifi provided in the room. Will stay here again when in London without hesitation.

Room Tip: Insist on a room with a view of Buckingham Gate Road, since the back rooms have almost no view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank AjazMemon
Dear AjazMemon,

Thank you for your review following your 4 night stay with us at the St James' Court, A Taj Hotel. The team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with the service being particularly high on the positives. We are delighted that we are now your hotel of choice when returning to London. We are continuing to improve our product and we hope that on future visits you will see the continuing improvements that we are making.

Thank you again for the review.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

A great location in a beautiful part of London within walking distance to Westminister,Big Ben,Buckingham Palace and convenient to Victoria Station
Our room was great ,clean and all our needs catered for and the bed was one of the best beds I slept in The room was quiet and I felt I was in a very safe environment which was important for me traveling with just myself and my daughter
Staff are professional and friendly
Had a lovely time and will be back again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank phena2014
Dear phena2014,

Thank you for the review following your stay with your daughter recently. The team and I are delighted to read from your review that you had a great experience. From the comfort of the room to the great service provided by the team, we now hope to be your hotel of choice whenever you return to London.

Thank you again for the review.

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

In spite of leaving the Crowne Plaza Franchise the St James is the best hotel in London for it's Westminster location near Buckingham Palace.Westminster Abbey,Victoria Station,SMMT ,BIS and Department of Transport as well as Churchill's War Rooms and the reopening,in July,War Rooms.
You are welcomed by a team of friendly and helpful concierges with friendly doormen and porters and very friendly reception staff
The Courtyard is a real bonus and the bar and restaurant staff serve great food and drink with a smile. Well appointed rooms with comfortable beds make the experience worth repeating and I will keep on returning to my second home. A M

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Alec M
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Alec M,

Thank you for the review and for your loyalty following the hotels change away from Crowne Plaza in January 2014. We are delighted that you find the hotel location and service to be excellent and at a personal level to you. Whilst the Courtyard is open for business for the summer, we need a prolonged period of good weather so more can enjoy this experience.

Thank you again for the review, we hope to welcome you back for many years to come.

Midland, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The Taj company now fully owns this hotel, which has resulted in a name change and numerous subtle upgrades to the service and the common areas. It was already a lovely place to stay -- with superb staff, a great location and a wonderfully comfortable (if pricey) bar. But now it is up a notch. New artwork lines the walls, with lovely sofas and tables. A few additional comforts greet returning guests. The concierge staff are remarkable. The food in the attached Bistro is still terrific. For the business traveler, the conference room services are attended to with great staff commitment, and if you order lunch in, you will be very pleasantly surprised. I always enjoy staying at this hotel and I know I will be back many more times.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Opinion8ted
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Opinion8ted,

Thank you for your review following your recent return stay at St James' Court, A Taj Hotel. The team and I are delighted to read you enjoyed your return stay and found the service very much to your liking. Since our brand change in January 2014, we have continued to invest and improve in the hotel and ensure a relaxed and luxury experience for all to enjoy.

Thank you again for the review, we hope to welcome you back again soon.