“fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

London, United Kingdom
53 attraction reviews
“fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

theatre very hard to find we walked around for 2 hours then got a cab but the theatre performance was well worth it and amazing! over 3 hours long very entertaining and well worth the expensive ticket price. I would go again tomorrow but its sold out!

Visited August 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
UK
5 attraction reviews
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Fabulous show - hats off to the talented cast and creative team. This is certainly not just a show for kids but I'll definitely take my children to see this when they are a bit older.

Visited September 2013
Warwick, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Matilda the musical London”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Firstly I doubt anyone will take any notice of me as this show has absolute rave reviews. Maybe it was me but I have seen loads of shows and musicals in London, regional and on broadway and I can honestly say this is the most awful thing I have ever seen. I am a massive fan of Roald Dahl and so is my 7 year old daughter. I booked the tickets months in advance and we went at Easter, wednesday matinee.
I also love the Matilda film. I had bought the soundtrack to get used to the music but I could not getthis music to grow on me. Firstly I do not like the Cambridge Theatre. It is so souless and un attractive. the set was ok, and we actually saw 3 understudies. Found it boring and long and drawn out and seemed to fade away from the book. Mr Worwood was absolutely awful and thought it was very poor. The Bruce Bogtrotter scene with the cake was poor and our Miss Trunchbull was awful. not at all scary!!! The children were good and the only time it did liven up was the end when the cast performed the musical number ''When I Grow [the the show] only descent song inI cannot understand why it has so many great reviews, and also when we came out other people were saying the same were as me. Felt very deflated and tickets were not cheap. Very lack lustre and very boring.
Would not go to see this again even if I was given the tickets. Don't like to write bad reviews but this is the way I feel. Sorry.
Do not let me put you off. We all have our own opinion.

Visited March 2013
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Sensational musical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was taken to see this musical on my birthday. It was fantastic , and all the actors,mainly children were incredible. The R.S.C really know how to produce an excellent performance!

Visited December 2012
Fencehouses, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Took my daughter to her first show to see Matilda and it was fantastic, definitely worth seeing not just for children for adults as well! Excellent choreography and a very very talented cast. Staff at theatre very friendly

Visited September 2013