“Hidden gem in Battersea” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
London
“Hidden gem in Battersea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I can't believe it took me so many years to discover Bella Mia! I don't really know where to start..... I suppose the first thing to say is do not be put off by the surrounding area which doesn't look very special. Once inside the door you could be in any family run establishment in Italy. The food is simple, fresh and very well cooked. Both my Mum & I are professional cooks and we have no complaints and are probably now their biggest fans of the calamari and courgettes - yum! The prices are incredibly reasonable and there is a decent enough list of Italian wine that extends further than Pinot Grigio. Apart from the delicious food, the most special thing about Bella Mia is the staff - so welcoming and efficient - thank you Maria! Looking forward to my next visit or takeaway!

95% Recommend
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
“Fab food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The receptionist at the Travelodge recommended this restaurant and I'm glad she did. The food was freshly cooked (although they were out of risotto). The house wine was very nice. The waitresses were friendly. If I was in the area again I would eat here each time

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Our favourite Italian restaurant in London!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Overall, despite its external appearance, this is hands down one of the best restaurants in town thanks to its amazing dishes, superb service, great ambiance and very reasonable prices. In fact, we love Bella Mia so much that we would rather eat there than to try new places haha -- we have been visiting about twice a month for the past year!

On the exterior, the restaurant is located on a busy street (York St.) in somewhat industrial surroundings (next to a run-down furniture store and car garage), however once inside, you'll be pleasantly surprised by the warm greetings of the Italian waiters and waitresses, the Italian decor and music, and most importantly, the amazing authentic dishes that are very reasonably priced. A 3-course dinner for two with wine usually comes out to around £35-45, which is a great deal compared to other Italian restaurants in the area that are not nearly as good (e.g. Buona Sera or Osteria Antica Bologna on Northcote Rd). Our favourite dishes are the Pepate di Cozze (mussels) or homemade bread for a starter, the Fettuccine Pescatora or Tegamaccio for the main, and the homemade Tiramisu for dessert.

Of course, anyone who as been to this restaurant knows Maria, the star of Bella Mia! Every visit would not be the same without her great attention to detail, which ensures that the experience is as perfect as it can be.

Guildford
“Excellent Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We went to Bella Mia on a Saturday evening after reading other reviews on Trip Advisor. We enjoyed great antipasto risotto and pizza between us and also the house wine. Lucky guests at the Travel Inn have this lovely little restaurant right on the doorstep. Others might pass it by on busy York Road, but it is worth finding as it offers great food and good value (even better with a five pound discount for booking on line). We found the service excellent and learned that, because of business guests from the hotel it is often busier during the week than at weekends so its a good place for a Saturday.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“EXCELLENT! DELICIOUS! GREAT PRICE!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Authentic Italian quinine, great food at a very reasonable price! Came here on my own, as I was staying in London for work. Felt very comfortable and service was splendid. Sat in on the first nigjt and made welcome. They do a take away service which I used on the fourth night as I was too tired to sit in. Just great, highly recomended.