“Avoid this hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Westpoint Hotel

You added Westpoint Hotel to your Saves list
Westpoint Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   168 - 172 Sussex Gardens | Hyde Park, London W2 1TP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #712 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Stockholm, Sweden
“Avoid this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The only thing positive is the hotel's location, very close to Paddington, Oxford street and Hyde Park.

First of all the breakfast was not included in the price, but I couldn't choose online to only buy breakfast for a couple of days - it was everyday or none. I travelled with my sister and we were leaving very early the last day, which meant we would miss breakfast. I then asked for a refund for that day's breakfast, but no refunds were possible and the staff was really unhelpful and almost gave the impression of being offended by me asking. The breakfast was not even worth five pounds, unfortunately.

The attitude from the staff was in general very unhelpful and sometimes even complacent.

On the web site it says wifi at a small charge. It means one free voucher for 24 hours of internet for one device only. If we wanted more wifi we had to pay 10 punds a day - which is quite expensive since I could go online with my Swedish 3G for 5 punds a day. Please, this is 2014, the price of the room needs to include free wifi. If not, the price needs to be put on the web site. Me and my sister picked this hotel partly because we needed wifi to google things about our holiday, so to discover that the "small price" for internet would actually turn out to be 50 pounds in total during our stay was not very nice. Dishonest in my opinion! This made us retort to Starbucks instead, where the wifi is free of charge.

The room was very small and very inefficiently soundproofed. It smelled wierd and the carpet on the floor was really dodgy. The cleaning was far beneath contempt, I left a piece of paper on the floor one day just to check (since I couldn't see any signs of cleaning) and that piece of paper stayed on the floor until we checked out two days later. One day I happened to go to bed with my make up on and therefor I smudged some over my pillow, but the linen wasn't changed during our whole visit even though it was clearly dirty.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here. There are far better hotels to be found around Paddington.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Milford Haven, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions. It is idealy situated just a short walk from Paddington Station. The rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable, but the shower room very small. The staff are extremely polite and helpful. Dont be put off by some of the poor reviews about the hotel. If you are paying a short (tourist) visit, many of the sights and attractions are within walking distance, and the underground and mainline stations are on the doorstep.
If i had any adverse comment it would be about the cooked breakfast - not very warm and a bit leathery.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
istanbul
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was a regular client who stayed in this hotel whenever I visited London.
This year I made my booking in June forstaying a week in the end of November.
I arrived on Thursday, I paid upfront for my entire stay from my credit card upon my arrival and was a given a top floor room under the roof with no cupboard to put my clothes or even a small table. there was no heating in November 6 December, only 2 hrs in the evening and 2 hrs in the morning! Breakfast was also poorer, no toast bread and vice versa.
Then came the problem, I got a terrible bleeding followed by a diarhea on my third day in my room. I requeste toilet paper from recepition, they told me they had no service and ı wnt 4 floors downstairs in such a risky state to pick up the paper, the lift was out of service,I had to walk such a long distance.
Due to my condition I had to return to my home contry immediately following my consultation with my doctor.I changed my flight tickets and told the hotel Ihad to leave due to my health. They rejected my request for refunding my payment for my unused days and asked me to write them a mail the next day explaining my request. I wrote this mail as requested on 1.12.2014 but no answer , and then I sent a reminder to the manager and again no response.
I will never ever stay at this nasty hotel any more and will tell my colleagues what has happened,I believe They won't stay as well.
They will continue to lose clients by offering such poor service, they can be assured that this poor behaviour will be released to many people who intended to book or have booked with the hotel. Their only asset is the location of the hotel, but location only, cannoy save them.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is well located, very convenient to many things, but several of the staff were downright unpleasant or at best indifferent. The hotel does not offer free internet but does offer 15 min free. We were only told about the 10 pound charge for 24 hrs which we paid only to find out it was good for only one device! I think that is information that should have been shared initially. We were prepared for the small rooms but found the beds to be of lesser quality than the other hotels on our trip and the comforters were very short.
The hotel was clean and well maintained but smiles were in short supply at the front desk. Probably the only hotel on the trip to which I would not return.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Westpoint1, Guest Relations Manager at Westpoint Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Westpoint Hotel and we are sorry to learn that your expectations were not met. All our staff are trained to provide great customer service at all times. We apologise if this was not that service you received during your stay. We do charge for the WiFi offered by our external provider. We do provide two PC’s, free of charge, which can be accessed at any time in our lobby. Our rooms are of non-standard sizes as is an old listed Victorian building. The guests can be transfer to another room, when are unhappy with the given room, but need to propose that on the reception as soon as possible.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Best Regards

Stonehouse, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The worst hotel I have ever stayed. Unreasonable pricing for very poor accomodation. Room with price of 89£ is smaller than Harry Potter's room under the ladder. Staff was polite and helpful during cheking in, but very rude when I have tried to check out. I have requested a late check out, but the hotel refused to meet this condition and did not tell about it in the first place! After that they've charged me double price! Ridiculous!

Dear Guest,
We are sorry that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. During the check in time you didn’t request a late check – out, and as stated on our website the latest time for checking out is 12 o’clock. After this time unfortunately we have to charge a supplement. The original booking was made with the wrong date. However our staff did their best to accommodate you. You booked a compact single and the size, which comfortably a single bed and ensuite bathroom is reflected in the price. Next we suggest you pay for a large room and on the correct day.
hank you for sharing your review.
Best Regards

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We chose the hotel based on the location, and that is about all this hotel is good for.

There is construction going on at the hotel just now and the hammering and drilling doesn't stop until very late in the night. We complained to the front desk and ask to speak with the manager who denied all knowledge of any construction, despite there being bricks and mortar piled high round the side of the rooms.

Aside from the fact we got no sleep, the hotel was pretty basic. No frills, no free wifi, no drinking water, poor showering facilities and the management team did not seem to care once we had paid over our money.

I would strongly advise any other visitors not to make the same mistake we did and try somewhere else, anywhere else!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

We had a family room in the basement in July. Very hot and stuffy with a tiny bathroom. it was very expensive for bed only. The staff were pleasant and we were able to leave our luggage after check out for a few hours. Will not return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Westpoint1, Guest Relations Manager at Westpoint Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with Westpoint Hotel. We are surprised that this review is so late in coming, had you expressed any dissatisfaction at the time we would have done our best to address your concerns. At this stage we can only apologise and remind you Westpoint Hotel is a listed Victorian building and the rooms are not standard size. Our staff are well trained to provide the best customer service, and we note you were able to make use of our facilities, thereby implying the rate was not for bed only.

Regards

Been to Westpoint Hotel? Share your experiences!