“update” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Westpoint Hotel

You added Westpoint Hotel to your Saves list
Westpoint Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   168 - 172 Sussex Gardens | Hyde Park, London W2 1TP, England   |
Ranked #674 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Milan
“update”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I wrote a more detailed review last year but I have a few details to add since my last stay at the Westpoint hotel.
First of all the breakfast is no longer included in the price as it was before, it now costs 7 pounds, which personally I find a bit too much.
The rooms have been refurbished, my double was ok (small but as I said in my previous review I don't mind that at all), but it would have been nice to have two nightstands instead of just one;) I had to keep my stuff in my carry on on the floor. The chair was way too heavy and big for such a small place, we had to move it from under the tv to be able to pass.
I think the prices increased as well, sadly.
That said, the position is still amazing, the staff is still nice and the rooms/bathrooms were clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Westpoint1, Guest Relations Manager at Westpoint Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear guest, once again thank you very much for posting a comment on trip advisor. Our bedrooms have recently been refurbished to a very good standards. We offer different room types therefore when a guest is not happy with the room allocated can contact reception and ask to have another room or ask for an upgrade for which we will be happy to do so if possible at the time or the next day. We are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future. Thank you!

Kind regards,
Westpoint Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Winchester, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Maybe seasoned travelers are, but I wasn't prepared for the dorm room that I rented here.
Breakfast was a downer. Wireless didn't work well. Hotel is a complete maze.
But, it is really right where you want to be. Beautiful neighborhood, Paddington at one block.
Near some great restaurants and pubs.
Desk staff were great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, thank you very much for posting a comment on trip advisor. We are proud of our staff as they are professional and always ready to help our guests. This is a Victorian building in Central London and the rooms vary in sizes. Guests can choose to upgrade their accommodation subject to availability when they are not satisfied with their room. Our wireless connection sometimes may be problematic due to the amount of people trying to connect at the same time, however we are aware of that and we are trying our best to improve this issue. We are sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy our buffet breakfast as we offer a variety of good quality food.
Mandurah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights at the hotel. Waling distance from Paddington Station and Heathrow Express. The stand out feature was the staff in the breakfast room. Very friendly and helpful and provided excellent service. 4 sharing a room so not much room to move but was adequate. Terrible smell in the bathroom which we should have complained about but just didn;t get around to as we really only slept in the room being out all day. Great area with lots going on and with daylight saving there were always lots of people around of every nationality, and we felt very safe being out late in the evening. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Westpoint1, Guest Relations Manager at Westpoint Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting a nice comment. We are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.
Stoke on trent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel was perfect for the location super easy to get to from the underground,
We struggled to find the hotel as we drove past it about 5xs untill we asked someone lol small mistake but the hotel is called a different name to what we booked it.

Very small dated bedrooms but it is expected in London, But not as small as i excpected i even bashed my head on the shelf.
Breakfast in minimum.

But overall good stay with no other hassle.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Westpoint1, Guest Relations Manager at Westpoint Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your comment.
Our Hotel is located just two minutes walk from Paddington station. There is easy way to get to Westpoint Hotel. When you leave Paddington Station you need to go all the way down through the London Street and we are located on the right hand side. What is more there is great inscription on our building which shows clearly the name of our Hotel - Abbey Court and Westpoint Hotel. This is a Victorian building in Central London, our bedrooms have recently been refurbished to a very good standards. We offer different room types therefore when a guest is not happy with the room allocated can contact reception and ask to have another room or ask for an upgrade for which we will be happy to do so if possible at the time or the next day. If there is any issues during your stay in our Hotel please do not hesitate to contact with any member of staff. Our friendly receptionists are always ready to help you.
Vale of Glamorgan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend break in one of the compact double rooms on the 4th floor. The room was indeed compact, with not a huge amount of space, as was the ensuite shower room. However it was clean and very comfortable and its close proximity to Paddington station (less than 5 mins walk) made it ideal for our purposes. There are a good many bars/cafes/restaurants all within a stone's throw, of many different types with varying degrees of 'priciness' so you're bound to find something to suit your taste and pocket.
The breakfast was your bog standard hotel buffet, nothing fantastic but perfectly adequate and staff were all pleasant and obliging so I would certainly consider coming back here. If youre looking for a 'special occasion, luxury hotel' this is not for you but would thoroughly recommend for a clean, comfortable base from which to explore London.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Westpoint1, Guest Relations Manager at Westpoint Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for your review. We are pleased you have enjoyed. We offer a variety of good quality food in our breakfast. Our staff is friendly, professional, and always ready to help our guests. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you.
George Town, null, Cayman Islands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my recent visit to London. It had nice facilities, was very close to Paddington Station thus easy access to the underground, buses, trains, and Heathrow express. The rooms were a bit small, but I guess that it to be expected. Overall, I had an enjoyable stay, but had an issue with a staff person and the toilet in my room. When I arrived, I experienced issues in flushing the toilet in my room. I told the front desk and they said they would have someone come and look at it. When I got back later in the afternoon, no one had been there. So I went back to the front desk and told the new person about my issue, they said to hold it down longer, so I did and it worked, however, the water kept running the in back of the toilet when it should stop once full. I mentioned this to the guy at the front and he didn't seemed bothered by it, he said it would just stop. I told him it likely wouldn't since it should have stopped once full. He said he would leave a note and someone would come look at it in the morning. It never stopped and was loud and running all night and made it hard to sleep. At 1am, I received a call from the front desk saying sorry to disturb, but they had to enter my room as water was leaking downstairs and they think it's coming from my room. I explained what had happened earlier in the day, he said no note was left, but there was a guy here to fix it now, and he did it in about 5 minutes. Now wouldn't it have been much easier to call a guy at 8pm to fix it, instead of 1am - especially when multiple guests were bothered by this event. If it wasn't for the night shift front desk guy, Sylvio, who was super nice and friendly, I was seriously considering finding a new place to stay. When I saw the guy the next day, he made no acknowledgement of his mistake even though I knew he knew what had happened the night before. What bothers me more is not the incident with the toilet, but the lack of service and poor attitude from this guy. The rest of my stay was fine and uneventful although sometimes I felt like when I asked questions to those at the front desk, it was like I was bothering them and they weren't very friendly at times. Also, they have two computers with free access to the internet, however, one was broken for my whole visit and you had to also ask at the front desk to activate them each time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback.
We do appreciate your custom and happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
All our staff is trained to respond immediately to guest reports of any incidents and the maintenance team is available from 8am to 5.30pm, any faults or damages reported during these hours are promptly dealt with however sometimes we have to rely on third party suppliers to have some jobs completed.
It is a very rare event having to disturb guests at that time of the night however and unfortunately in an emergency we have no other option but to alert and possibly disturb the guests in order to deal with the situation, we do not have a resident maintenance person and although reception staff is trained to deal with minor incidents they have to call the specialist/engineer and when this happens there is normally a waiting time.
It is most surprising that you had encountered a bad experience with the reception staff as they all are very friendly as confirmed by guest feedback on staff however we do apologise if there was any misunderstanding with any of our staff. We do listen and value our guest feedback and are continuously working hard on improving our customer care service. We are here to help at anytime.
Your stay with us is of most importance and we look forward to have you accommodate with us again in the near future for a much better experience.

Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My best friend & I booked this hotel for our recent overnight stay in London because of its excellent price..& we were very pleased. Excellent location for paddington station & for shopping. The room was a bit small (we wondered if they put us in a smaller room because we had a discount voucher so got the room cheaper??) but plenty good enough for our 1 night stay. It had twin beds (which seem in short supply in London hotels unless paying a fortune) which we needed, a tv, a kettle & tea & coffee & a en-suite shower & toilet (which was a bit small) but all were very clean & tidy. The beds were lovely & comfortable..& I am very fussy when it comes to my bed! The breakfast was nice, though they did run out of cooked bacon after us but that didn't both me, but found enough for me to eat. The staff were very friendly & helpful. They have a luggage room for hotel guest which is a godsend, if like us, you don't want to tow a suitcase around with you all day, but it is a 'very small' room which was packed with other suitcases when we wanted to use it! Would I go back: yes but if I could have a bigger room especially if I was with my family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest, thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive comment. Our staff is indeed very cordial, friendly and always willing to help any guest. The discount voucher would not make a difference however, we have rooms of various sizes available at different prices, please enquire for your next visit. We will try to help you in the best way. We are glad that you have enjoyed our breakfast. We offer a variety of good quality food. The luggage room is a free service we offer to guests wanting to leave their luggage for a few hours. We hope to see you at our hotel again. Thank you

Been to Westpoint Hotel? Share your experiences!