“Excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Macdonald Hotel

You added Macdonald Hotel to your Saves list
Macdonald Hotel
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   45 - 46 Argyle Square | Kings Cross St. Pancras, London WC1H 8AL, England (Bloomsbury)   |
Ranked #126 of 549 London B&B and Inns
Montfrin, France
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We went once two years ago and we were willing to return. So we stayed for four days from the 10th to the 13 th of january. It's very nice place to stay, friendly, very clean. The breakfast is very good. Most of all, Paul and Szilvia and all the staff are adorable.
The hotel is ideally located wherever you come from, especially direct access from Heathrow Airport and Luton airport. Bed and Breakfast to be recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Palma de Mallorca, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

clean, friendly staff, good prices, well located and good transports combinations, nice breakfast, wi-fi, quiet and not nosy..very well! only one suggestion: breakfast time should be until late than 9, it's too early when you are on holidays..

Room Tip: not next to the breakfast room
1 Thank xisca-mallorca
malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

we have been at this hotel recently, the staff was very helpful and the hotel was very clean as well. towels were available everyday and bed sheets were clean. the room was cleaned every day in our stay. breakfast was very good as well. i would definetly return to this hotel if i ever go to london once again,

1 Thank YoMalta
Mosta, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed here from the 22 to 30 December 2012. It was our third stay in this cosy and welcoming Bed & Breakfast Hotel. The room was always spotless with towels changed everyday. We were served full english breakfast with coffee /tea/hot chocolate and Juice in a cosy room. One could also ask for a second helping. Paul, one of the owners, was very helpful with us. The hotel is just 2 minutes walking distance to King's Cross St Pancras station and to several bus stops that take you almost anywhere in London.Even though it is so close to such a busy area the hotel is in a very quiet square, in fact we had a room at the front of the hotel and we always had a good nights' sleep. . We definitely will stay there again and recommend .it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Schembri G
Cospicua, null, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel and I must say I really enjoyed it. The hotel is very cosy equipped with central heating. Although we shared a toilet and a shower with others, they were always spotless clean since the staff is always cleaning. Also staff is very helpful and the breakfast was really good. The hotel is 2 mins away from the station so that is another reason why I'd go back. My boyfriend has been here before but it was a first for me. But I'll definitely be back if I'll ever be in London again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daniela_C29
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Was very so so. You get what you pay for. We stayed on top and no elevator which wasn't fun with our bags.
Reception man was nice enough.
Had a room facing street and even though its on a side street from a busy street it was still very noisy.
Breakfast was only from 7am-9am!!! I do not want to have to get up to get breakfast before 9am!
Toilet was shared and very clean

• Stayed December 2012
Riverside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This budget hotel could be better, but could be much worse. I stayed here in December of 2012 and it was very plainly "a place to sleep" for me. It's not the sort of place you want to spend much time. I had a unique room with three single beds in it, shared between three friends. It was a very plain room with the toilet and shower down the hall. Both the toilet and shower were separate rooms, but both were clean and well-tended. I never had any trouble accessing them or waiting. One shower room was considerably larger than the other, so if both are available I'd check for the larger one. There's no place to hang your clothes so it can be tricky to keep them dry while you shower. (I wrapped mine in my dirty clothes to keep the mist off them.)

The beds were unremarkable, with spring-mattresses, but they were still nicer than similar beds I'd stayed in in Paris. The hotel is within very close walking distance to King's Cross, and quite near a money change, a McDonald's, a Starbucks and various other eateries, as well as many other hotels and B&Bs. The hotel reception is very small, manned by the same guy all three days I was there, but he was pleasant and nice. My friend checked out of the hotel several hours before I did (he left at 8am and I didn't want to leave until 11), and they had no problem with him paying and leaving and me turning in my key later. There is a kettle and tea/coffee in the room, along with a sink and mirror. There is also a shelf with a TV if you're so inclined to use that.

Apparently there's a breakfast, but I didn't check it out and my friend who did said it wasn't anything remarkable. It's a budget B&B but I felt safe there, walking home even as late as 3am. (Though of course always use caution!) My only problem was an unsightly brown stain on one of the sheets that may've been caused by me drinking some of the (terrible) in-room coffee, but I'm unsure. The sheets were not changed over night, though to be fair, we didn't ask them to.

Room Tip: There's no lift, so if you don't want to carry your bags up a bunch of narrow stairs, as for...