“Quiet, comfortable, elegance” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Sloane Club

You added The Sloane Club to your Saves list
The Sloane Club
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   52 Lower Sloane Street | Chelsea, London SW1W 8BS, England (Chelsea)   |
Ranked #353 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Quiet, comfortable, elegance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Excellent staff, beds really comfortable, unfortunately no bath on this visit but good to know they have accessible wet room if required!
Breakfast freshly prepared fruit each morning, selection of croissants, cereals etc. Fantastic selection of cooked at additional cost.
Location cannot be better and just an oasis in a busy metropolis.Busy due to Wimbledon but service faultless.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have been staying at the Sloane Club for over 20 years and have generally had a very favorable experience. I think the people who tend the front desk are excellent and very helpful, the wait staff very efficient and helpful and the ladies who make up the rooms very friendly and efficient. What concerns me is the absence of management & their lack of concern for their guests.

Yesterday morning I had the very scary experience of the shower glass shatter when I was attempting to use it. There was no sign warning of a problem (there had been a sign the day before but it had been removed and the lady cleaning the shower assured me it was ok to use). Needless to say, it was not. While I was fortunate that only one hand was quite badly cut, given the amount of glass that cascaded about me. After reporting it to the front desk, they brought me a few bandages but that was it. They did offer me a phone number of a doctor to call but would cost me 150GBP. Given what I felt was the severity of the accident I was truly shocked that no one from the management of the club inquired as to my condition or offered anything in the way of assistance. Either they are uniformed or indifferent or AWOL or all of the above - it really does not matter. The net result was an institution whose management is uncaring about the safety and well being of their guests. The next person is more like to go to their lawyer after seeing the doctor.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

we have stayed here on a few occasions over the past year or so.Given that the SC is an English ex officers club and has a predominantly older clientele,one would expect the comfort and ambience of a country house hotel and that is precisely what the common areas deliver.The bedrooms are basic but clean with good beds and bedding.The only disappointment from our standpoint was the food but thankfully there are plenty of good options nearby.Staff are helpful and professional.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick E, Communications Manager at The Sloane Club, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Many thanks for the kind words about The Club!

You might be interested to learn that we recruited a new Executive Chef at the beginning of the year, taking our Food & Beverage offering to a whole new level.

Bernhard Mayer - former Executive Chef at the Savoy and the Four Seasons hotels - has completely overhauled our menus and added a new dimension to fine dining at The Sloane Club.

Please do pop in again soon to try his new dishes!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Another fantastic stay at a Club where nothing is ever too much trouble. As always the staff were superbly quiet and politely efficient, the bedroom still that evocative mix of charming idiosyncrasy and modern convenience. The lounges and bars, with deep stuffed cushions and beautiful antiques, still a haven for the weary traveller, shopper or clapped out academic! A wonderful 'home from home' with a timeless elegance. The only downside is the fact that the reciprocal arrangement with my own club has lapsed, so this might have been my last stay :(

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with shared facilities, worth the difference in price to have your own.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I always consider staying here but usually have to be in another part of London so it doesn't happen. We had to leave early because of winter storms so I decided to stay for one night. I have to say the staff could not have been nicer or more welcoming. The breakfast dining room is casually elegant and so enjoyable to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner. I was afraid my husband might not enjoy a ladies club but he loved the ambience. The location is ideal for local shopping and walking Sloane Square, Kings Road or Harrods. The Sloane Rangers are definitely here. The décor is classic and the suite was an odd L shape of living room and bedroom with an entry through the bedroom door. The bed was very comfortable after a long flight . It took us a bit to figure out the heat but eventually we understood. We were sorry to leave to stay closer to our daughter who is on junior semester abroad. I would definitely return. I have stayed all over London , in clubs and hotels. The staff here is excellent and the stay is comfortable. I like the privacy of a club and the quiet elegance.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights last week and we always stay here when in London. Everything was faultless from the bedrooms to the restaurant to the lovely drawing rooms to relax in. The staff are great and always make you feel so welcome when you see them again. The Sloane Club is very traditional and a fantastic experience that I hope to enjoy for years to come.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Whenever we travel to London, we stay at the Sloane Club which is wonderfully located just below Sloane Square and has comfortable rooms and lounges where you can get a simple bite. We love the breakfast which is included in the room rate and the staff is always very friendly and helpful. We have been staying here for years and will continue to do so.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Sloane Club? Share your experiences!