“5 stars if service was any bit efficient” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/restaurants/restaurant-15801.php
Limerick, Ireland
“5 stars if service was any bit efficient”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Pros - Unpretentious, amiable chef/owner, great value for money, cozy and warm atmosphere.
Cons - Service was dire. Waited 20 minutes for our order to be taken. Starter came. Then waited 40 minutes for our mains despite reminding them twice! Then for a finish we wanted a glass of wine and a g&t but never got them after ordering 3 times!! It was comical. And at that stage there was only 2 other regular sized tables in the place.
Could have been a 5 star night but the service was such a let down.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
llewellyn100, Public Relations Manager at Italina, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear BarryGleeson,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent visit to Italina. Its great to hear that you enjoyed your food and apologise that your orders took too long to arrive to your table. We are striving to improve the speed and quality of service and your feedback is vital for this improvement.

Please visit us again soon if you are in the area.

London, United Kingdom
“Genuine Italian food in heart of Bethnal Green”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've walked past this unassuming restaurant on Cambridge Heath Road loads of times and only thought to check it out when I discovered it came out top on reviews on here. I wasn't disappointed. The bruschetta was some of the best I've ever eaten - goats cheesey tomato goodness! The seafood guazzetto was rich and flavoursome. As well as lovely food, the restaurant had a great vibe and the manager chatted to everyone, creating an informal atmopshere which was ace.

Dear Yasnav_LDN,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent visit to Italina. It's great to hear such positive feedback about our food, delivering to you authentic Italian cuisine that is great value for money.

Please come and visit us again soon if you are in the area.

Kind Regards,

“Really enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Went on a Tuesday evening for my partner's birthday meal - nine of us altogether which was just right because any more would have meant two tables. My chicken scaloppina was the best I've had for a long time and the bits I filched from others' plates were excellent also. Prices were mid-range. Food took a bit longer to arrive than usual, which is a good thing because it meant it was freshly cooked. Excellent place to go for a leisurely celebration meal with friends.

Dear Charli L,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent visit to Italina. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your food and overall experience. We are continuing to improve the quality of our service and will strive to serve you food in a more timely manner next time.

Please come and visit us again soon.

London, United Kingdom
“Creative cooking, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Did not expect such high standard in a small cafe / restaurant in Bethnal Green, impressed by their creative cooking. Great value for money, good service. Will visit again when I am in the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Anteater222222,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review about your recent visit to Italina. It's great to hear such positive and that you really enjoyed our food and found it great value for money.

We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.

New York City, New York
“Wonderful food, great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Based on other Trip Advisor reviews of this and other restaurants in the area, I decided to try Italina for a solo dinner. Arriving without a reservation, I was informed that I couldn't be immediately accommodated but that, if I could kill a little bit of time, they would be able to seat me - a doubly good sign because a) the crush of diners let me know that it was worth waiting for and b) when I returned, I would be well-attended.

I started my meal with a well-prepared mixed salad of grilled vegetables accompanied by a glass of the house white - a good blend of flavors. I heartily enjoyed the chicken breast with spaghetti amatriciana (although the portion was too large for me to finish) with a glass of the house red, and finished my meal with a decent slice of berry cheesecake with a glass of grappa (good, but not as spectacular as the rest of the meal).

I would highly recommend the place, and also that you make reservations - although I ate at 9 PM and was one of the last patrons to leave, I witnessed a good number of people turned away disappointed because of a lack of space.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Intrepid voyager,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review about your recent visit to Italina. If your in the area again, feel free to come again and enjoy our authentic Italian food.