“Worth that little extra” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #242 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Worth that little extra”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The Holiday Inn is located right at the bottom of the A1 and has a shuttle bus taking you regularly to nearby public transport. There is adequate parking. The facilities are good and the customer service is excellent. The bar is relatively expensive but service very good. The food was also excellent. Having recenlty stayed at a cheaper alternative not far away this was definetly worth the extra few pounds.The bedroom was very well equipped and the bed itself was extremely comfortable facilitating a very good nights sleep. One down side is that there is no pubs or restaurants within walking distance but ablut £5 to £7 will get you to a good curry house if needed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_BX, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Hi Qwerty9090,

Thnk you for your great FOUR STAR REVIEW!!!! It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay, and found us to be a great value alternative. If you do stay again, and you want a change from our great restaurant then please ask if our shuttle is free to take you elsewhere - we are happy to drop you off in nearby Hendon or Golders Green if we can.
We hope you come back soon and give us the opportunity to move you to a Five Star Review.

martin.hurley@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Matlock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I've not been here for a while, but was more than happy with the place and was pleased to see that standards are being maintained.

The rooms, whilst furnished in a generally typical modern hotels identikit style, are of decent size and quite comfortable.
My room was at the back of the place, looking away from the North Circular, so had opening windows so I was able to get a reasonable supply of fresh air.
If my memory serves me correctly, the rooms at the front are not only sealed, but due to the constant traffic noise from the North Circular, also have very effective triple glazing.
The rooms also have baths!!!! Long may they resist the current fashion for replacing them with showers!

An excellent self-service breakfast is served.

The location of the hotel is perfect, not only for my job, being a 10 min walk from Cricklewood sidings where we often park the trains I work on, but also the extremely useful hotel taxi that continually shuttles to Brent Cross underground and back, allowing fairly rapid and convenient travel into Central London on the Northern Line.

Niggles:-
1: Could the thimbles that pass for mugs in the rooms please be replaced with the same size of mug used for breakfast? When I have a serious "Out Of Tea Error" the tiny things in the rooms just do not do the job!

2: Working on the railway, if I am within 10h of starting a shift, I do not drink alcohol and I am afraid the choice of Schweppes, Schweppes, Schweppes and J2O chemical soup does not impress.
Perhaps a look at some of Barrs soft drinks or even Fentiman's range of more traditional soft drinks could be considered.

Otherwise a decent, fairly modern hotel that is more than value for money.

Room Tip: The higher you go, the better the view. And they can be fantastic!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_BX, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hi Bob of B,

Thank you for your 4 Star Review. It's great to read your feedback on the rooms, the baths and the breakfast. To answer your "niggles" - unsure why you had a smaller mug in your room, I checked and the bedroom mug is identical to the breakfast mug. We do stock some HUGE mugs in our Starbucks range - let us know next time your in and we can leave one in your room. As for the soft drinks selection, we do have a really wide range but I understand we may not stock everyone's favourites due to space and popularity - again if you let us know on arrival I am sure we will be able to get hold of some of the brands that you like.

Thanks again, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights with my hubby as we were visiting London and didn't want to pay the city centre prices . We had a standard double room with an additional sofa bed providing us with ample space to sit and relax. The hotel was spotless and the beds very comfortable. Bathroom was well appointed with bath and shower - again all very clean. Even a bath robe was provided! Breakfast was included and there was plenty of variety even for two veggies! There were all the usual items for a full cooked or continental with the addition of a freshly cooked omelette if required. The food quality was above average for this type of hotel, even the OJ was tasty!
There is a small lounge/bar area for a drink in the evening or the option of room service for which the prices seemed very reasonable although we did not partake on this occasion.
There is an in-house Starbucks (within the lounge) so coffee lovers are well catered for!
All of the staff were very polite , friendly and helpful, this made such a difference from an otherwise decent ordinary stay to a really happy relaxed one - nothing was too much trouble.
Car parking was very reasonable at only £5 a night!
The nearest Tube station into the city is Brent Cross which would probably be a 20 min walk but the hotel provides a FREE shuttle bus back and forth all day long - Brilliant!
Although the trip into the city centre took us approx 1 hour by tube, we didn't think this was too bad.
We really enjoyed the stay, which is not something I would normally expect for just a budget hotel to lay our head whilst visiting the city, but I would definitely use the hotel again and again!
It was so refreshing to know that whilst I'm sure most of their customers only stay a night or two for convenience, the Hotel did its utmost to ensure that any stay is a pleasant one!

Room Tip: We requested for a room on a higher floor to help reduce the road noise which it did - very quiet (w...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Guest_Relations_BX, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Hi HelenAskewLawrence,

Thanks for your great (and highly detailed review), I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and your great comments regarding the team. I'm assuming that there was delays on the tube when you stayed, as it is usually only 20 mins into the West End. Thanks again for your review, and I hope next time we can move you to a five star review!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights with my 3 teenage children . We occupied one room only but there was ample space . The hotel is spotless and the beds really comfortable . Breakfast was included and there was plenty of variety . We had room service on both nights and I thought the price of food was very reasonable. The hotel is located near to Brent Cross shopping Centre. There are buses going to all parts of London from the shopping centre including the city center . There is a free shuttle bus to Brent Cross tube station but we did not avail of this service . I used to live in the area so we knew how to get around . The staff in the hotel were very nice , friendly and helpful . My only negative is that we were charged for Wifi eventhough we didn't consciously use the hotel Wifi . We probably incurred this charge by trying to access the Internet on smart phones . I feel that this would need to be explained to customers . That aside It is an excellent hotel for the price with a lovely atmosphere .

• Stayed October 2013
Guest_Relations_BX, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hi polygall,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your amazing FIVE STAR review!!!! I especially appreciated the kind comments regarding the team. I completely agree that we are a great location to travel around the City from, really well connected. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights with the intention of getting the tube to london. We arrived the first night and the telephone number for the free shuttle was on a board in the train station. I would never have found the hotel myself. The check in was friendly and team member very helpful with nearby places to eat. He even telephoned a taxi for us and gave us advice on what was nearby and still open. Brent Cross is a walk across a busy road but there is a bridge. It closes around 8pm though.
The room was average Holiday Inn nothing special. The bathroom a bit dated. I think there are much better holiday inn#s in in london as its a bit out of the way really.
Didnt have breakfast as it was pricey ! There are plenty of coffee places nearby. The hotel serves starbucks coffee, but the staff do not know how to make frappachino's and I had to ask them to make it again twice !
I needed to print a voucher and the staff were excellent one allowed me to email it to her. Very good service. There is a Chiqito if you go out the hotel and walk to the left for about 15 min. We got a taxi and they tried to rip us off. It was literally a mile and the guy wanted £7,50 he thought it was a big joke when we said the hotel had said it would be £5. My advice is walk its easy to find just follow the north road circular on the service road.
The shuttle gets a little busy at times so plan in advance. We did go to the air museum nearby. The tube was closed the entire weekend and there was a replacement bus service this was terrible. CHeck this out before you book.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hi charlie_dog,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I was sorry to read about your Frappuccino experience - I will make sure the team are retrained to Starbucks standards. As for the issues with the Tube, there are thankfully very few occasions where they close the station for upgrade work - you can check this out on www.tfl.gov.uk/ - the replacement buses are slower but they are free, and if your not in a rush seeing the City from the top deck of a London Bus is a real experience!!

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Rotorua, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed here last week of August sharing a twin room with my Niece. Room was large and well appointed. Shuttle was excellent and the drivers were friendly and efficient. Breakfast was excellent, especially as it was included in our room rate. Area was nothing special but as I am familiar with North London was happy to commute into London central on the Tube

Have no gripes other than we were disappointed that wifi was not free. First and only time in my entire europe trip that we had to pay for it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi MrsGoodie,

A HIGE THANK YOU for a FIVE STAR REVIEW!!!!! I do really appreciate it when our guests award us this accolade. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, apologies that you were disappointed not to receive free wifi - it is currently given free to our Platinum and Gold IHG Rewards Members, and will be free to all in 2014 - take a look at www.ihgrewards.com for full details.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel, goo size room and perfect service by friendly staff

Free shuttle to tube station and local business
Free parking, which is an advantage in London , close to bent cross shooing center and M1 highway , in case of any business outside London

• Stayed September 2013
Guest_Relations_BX, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hi maldeiri,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your FIVE STAR REVIEW!!!! We really appreciate your kind comments, I hope to welcome you back again soon.

martin.hurley@ihg.com

Been to Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross? Share your experiences!