“BRILLIANT” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #241 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Lincoln
“BRILLIANT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Good value, clean, good breakfast and very friendly, helpful staff. Would use again without hesitation.free shuttle to Brent Cross tube.Knowledgable staff very willing to help.Well organised and a decent mattress for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Guest_Relations_BX, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Hi to the Rothwellians,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your "BRILLIANT" 5 STAR Review!!!!!!

I really appreciate your positive comments about the team, Guest Service is our Number 1 priority and it is great to read that we are getting it right.

Please come back and visit soon.

martin.hurley@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Leeds, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The Holiday Inn Brent Cross is somewhere I have stayed many times in the past, but this is the first time I have reviewed it. And I am happy to say that it’s still as good as it previously was.

When I checked in, I was greeted as a Platinum Priority Club Member and was given some complimentary chocolates, a free drink and snack. I didn’t get an upgrade as being a smoker, they will always put me on the 10th floor, but that’s not a problem as the rooms are fine and to be honest, I don’t need an upgrade. The lady who checked me in (Julia) was very polite and efficient and intervened when another guest tried to butt in as he wanted something while she was checking me in. Some people are just so rude…

Location – this really depends on what you are in London for I guess. I work in Central London and even though Brent Cross is in Zone 3, the Northern Line takes me straight there in about 20 minutes, which is ideal. If you are there for shopping, then Brent Cross Shopping Centre is just across the dual carriageway and if you want to shop in London, then jump on the tube. If you want to do something at night, then you will be hard-pushed to find anything in the area (apart from a visit to the 24 hour Tesco!). Like I said, it depends on why you are choosing this hotel, but if you are driving, it is just off the motorway, so you can’t go wrong…

The shuttle to and from the tube station is a great service and I think that this is another reason which makes people want to stay here. The service is available from 0715 to 2345 on a call-up basis and I have met 4 of the drivers who work the shuttle. I am very pleased to say that 3 out of the 4 are courteous, polite and very professional.

The room prices are very reasonable for the hotel although I do think the room services menu prices are slightly on the expensive side with an additional £3.00 for the tray charge. However, you can ask for takeaway menus at reception and order in if you don’t fancy paying for the food at the hotel. Parking is £5.00 per day which is very reasonable and when you consider that most city centre parking anywhere in the UK exceeds this, then you can’t really argue.

I really like staying at this hotel. I stayed there this week, am staying again next week and have already booked for the last 2 weeks in April when I’m working in London again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_BX, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Hi Crouching_Hippo,

Thanks for taking the time to write a very detailed review - and for giving us FIVE STARS!!!! Thanks for the kind comments about Julia, and the 3 out of 4 shuttle drivers who were courteous and polite.

If your looking for more to do in the evenings, I can recommend nearby Hendon or Golders Green for Restaurants and bars, and the incredible nightlife of Camden is just over 10 mins away by Tube.

I would love to catch up with you when your in the Hotel next, if you have time just ask for me at Reception.

Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

what stood out was the excellent, superb, friendly staff ,
great nights sleep,room very clean but showing signs of age
very quiet as on the 8th floor but no waiting for lifts
great breakfast.
check in / out very quick and efficient

Bit miffed to pay £5 to park my car !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Guest_Relations_BX, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Hi inthemidnighthour,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, and thank you for recognising the efforts of our team. Customer Service is our Number 1 Priority, I was pleased that we had impressed you. I'm pleased also that you enjoyed our All You Can Eat Breakfast - we work hard to deliver a great breakfast experience so it is great to receive positive feedback. As for the car parking charges, it is standard for City Hotels to charge for parking - we do always make sure that we are in line with our closest competitors on this.

Thanks again, I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Just back from a 5 night stay ere.
Staff were lovely and the shuttle bus service really sets this hotel out from others. Nice drivers who u call when your looking for them to collect you, our wait time was never more than 5 mins. And with a two year old a biggie and a nappy bag really thought this service was brilliant.
Brent cross is on the northern line about direct link to Leicester sq
Hotel it self was very clean, the cleaner went as far as tucking my sons teddy in, chest but going the extra mile.
Ate a few times in the hotel food was good, restaurant seemed nicer and kids eat free too, plenty of choice at breakfast.

The only thing I could really fault the hotel with was I would of loved a cocktail and when I asked at the bar, no cocktails. Only a small complaint

Really enjoyed my stay, would defo go back. Thanks to all the staff

• Stayed February 2013
Guest_Relations_BX, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Hi talk2oc,

A huge THANK YOU from myself and the team for posting a 4* review!!!! It was great to read that you thought the staff were lovely and the shuttle drivers were nice. Since reading your review we have decided that ALL teddy bears we find will get tucked into bed (so they can rest when you are out). Also based on your feedback we will be putting a cocktail list in place from next month, you are right - we really should offer cocktails.

Your review has helped us to make the Hotel even better for our Guests - I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind Regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Shuttle bus from the tube station is fantastic, one phone call and you're picked up within minutes. Excellent service! Value for money is great for a London hotel and there are shops on the doorstep if you don't want to go into the city centre. Staff were very friendly, especially the lady driving the shuttle bus. Very clean rooms and excellent breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013
Guest_Relations_BX, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear lesley e,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your fantastic comments. Great to hear that you enjoyed the joyful ride on our Shuttle bus driven by our F1 driver Zoe from the tube station. I am thrilled to see that you found our team friendly, rooms very clean and our award winning breakfast excellent. I particularly love your comments which I completely agree on "Excellent service! Value for money is great for a London hotel and there are shops on the doorstep if you don't want to go into the city centre".

Looking forward to welcome you in the near future and we want to make sure you give us a 5 star rating next time.

Johnson Joseph
Operations Manager
E-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com
Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was my second time in this hotel and it was much better than last stay in 2011. The room I got was bigger, more comfortable. I asked for a quiet one and it was trully quiet. Shower: powerful and hot, bathroom: super clean. The only couple of downfalls I would say are lack of ceiling light and I would also change the mirror for the type which does not steam up when one is showering.
Now, the most important: customer service. Every single member of staff in the hotel who I spoke with: starting from drivers collecting guests from nearby tube station, through reception staff (Julia, Wojtek), team serving breakfast, room service (Nikki you a star!) and finishing on cleaning ladies- was very friendly, helpful, polite, well-mannered and smiling. Guys, I have stayed in many hotels in my life but I can tell you: you could train others in customer service! Thank you so much for making me feel so welcome, I'll be back!

• Stayed February 2013
Guest_Relations_BX, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hi Aventuryn,

Thank you for a fantastic 4* Review!!! It was great to read that you thought the Hotel had improved since the last time you stayed. We are currently adding additional ceiling lighting in the bathrooms, so hopefully the rooms will be that bit brighter next time you stay. I was delighted to read your comments regarding our team training, serving the guests is our Number 1 Priority - its nice to see that this is appreciated and Nikki, Wojtek and Julia will all be thrilled to see they have been recognised.

We look forward to welcoming you back, and will endeavour to move you to 5*!!!

tel aviv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Good clean and comfortable hotel
near to the tube station
free shuttle service provided by the hotel.
Nice room, big enough for my family, two adults and two kids.
Tried the main restaurant, kids eat for free all the plates were ok, except
the pizza for my daughter it was a very small portion not a pizza.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Guest_Relations_BX, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear albertosuja,

A Massive THANK YOU for your review. I was pleased to read you enjoyed in your words "good clean and comfortable hotel which is near to the tube station" , Our complimentary shuttle service provided by the hotel and also your room was big enough for you family.
Yes its true, kids under the age of 13 yrs eat for free when accompanied by an adult who is staying and dining with us. Regarding the size of the pizza as its from the kids menu the size will be a little smaller however I can confidently say that our Pizza from our regular menu is fantastic as its one of my favourite.
Looking forward to welcome you soon in the near future and we want to WOW you so that next time you will give us a 5 star rating.
Johnson Joseph
Operations Manager
E-mail:johnson.joseph@ihg.com

Been to Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross? Share your experiences!