“Good Location For An Overnight Stay or Weekend Break.” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #254 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Good Location For An Overnight Stay or Weekend Break.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I needed a good location close to the M1 and tubes into Central London. Brent Cross is ideal because it is at the bottom or end of the M1, it also has a good shopping center and has very good transport links into central london. The tube station is 10 min walk but the hotel also offer FREE shuttle buses to the station. The shopping center is also a 10 min walk.

The hotel staff were all very professional and helpful. Breakfast was good with a nice selection of hot and cold foods.

Room Tip: Ask about the Free Shuttle buses to help plan ahead.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Guest_Relations_BX, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Hi dianaandco,

A huge THANK YOU for taking the time to leaving a review!! I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay, and made use of our FREE shuttle bus. I will pass on your kind comments to the team about their level of professionalism.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Martin Hurley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Salford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stay fairly regularly at the Holiday Inn, Brent Cross and I find the hotel very convenient for trevelling from Manchester. Situated just at the end of the M1, it is ideal for arriving at and departing from(if you can actually get to it without missing your way!).
The rooms are big and very comfortable and dark for a good nights sleep -- although there is the irritation of what seems constand buzzing from outside air conditioning.
The breakfast is very good and staff attentive - although at busy periods, they cant cope.
The shuttle bus from the hotel to Brent Cross tube is very convenient. On returning, I telephone when the train leaves Golders Green and the shuttle arrives soon after we arrive at Brent Cross. There is also very good parking facilities.
But, although I am a platinum points card holder, I dont seem to get any benefits during my stays. Perhaps someone can tell me what benefits we are supposed to receive. And dont say a morning paper cos they give you The Independent -- but as there are dozens of them around that is no benefit.

Room Tip: $th floor or higher gives you good views of the North Circular Road.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Guest_Relations_BX, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Hi Martsalf0rd_England,
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed the location, room & the friendly service you experienced with us. I have certainly taken your comments on board regarding breakfast during busy period and we have actioned this. So next time around I am confident that you will still give us 5 stars fully satisfied!
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We had a few tours planned for the London area and this hotel worked out perfect for us. The hotel provided a ride to the area where we could take the tube. A breakfast was provided with our package and it was fine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi TraditionFlorida2012,

Thank you for your great review. I see you enjoyed the Hotel, but your 4* review makes me feel that there was something we didnt quite get right.

My aim is for every guest to award us 5*, hopefully on your next visit we will have increased the WOW factor and you will enjoy your stay even more!!

Crewe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night whilst on a business trip. Had a bit of a job actually getting to the hotel even with a sat nav, without knowing the area it was difficult to actually get to the entrance even though I could see the hotel. Once I did arrive there were plenty of parking spaces (though there's an additional charge of £5 per night). Unfortunately the receptionist was not very friendly or welcoming at all, no mention of whether I could have a paper delivered or of the free shuttle service and details of the restaurant were only given when I specifically asked.

My room was on the 9th floor and had a view of the North Circular Road and Brent Cross shopping centre. The room was a bit smaller than the average Holiday Inn room and seemed a little tired in terms of furniture and decor but certainly clean enough. I needed to do some work in the room and the lighting was particularly dark in the desk area even with all available lights on and the curtains fully open. Biggest plus point was the huge fluffy towels in the bathroom.

I ate in the restaurant for both dinner and breakfast and service was friendly and fast both times. There was a good selection of hot and cold food for the buffet breakfast.

All in all my stay was perfectly fine and the hotel adequately served it's purpose but I left with the feeling that I had been just another guest to make as much money out of as possible and not someone they were bothered about if I chose to return to the hotel or not.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hi Joools,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay overall, although I'm sorry to read that you felt the team didnt treat you as well as you would have liked. Guest care is our number one priority, and I will personally be conducting further training in this area.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, I'm certain you will see some improvements on your next visit.

Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here whilst on a sight seeing trip to London. We picked this hotel as it was close enough to London centre without the London prices. 2 nights worked out about £80 with a voucher code. the nearest tube station is about 15 minute walk but the hotel offer a shuttle service up until around 11pm every night. Just give them a call and they pick you up straight away. The room was immaculate not a bit of dust anyway. Staff amazing and will do anything for you. Breakfast was brilliant and catered for everyone with such a huge selection. only problem been there's that much you cant decide what to have! i will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Hi Becky,
Thank you for taking the time to record your comments from your last stay. As Operations Manager responsible for the Holiday Inn London Brent Cross I was very pleased to note you had an enjoyable stay. I have shared your comments with my team who are thrilled and motivated to continue to delight our guests and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Beltsville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel was a pleasant surprise for a family from the U.S. who had just previously stayed in a similar class hotel in continental Europe. The Holiday Inn had all the western amenities that were missing from the other European chain, like an in-room coffee maker, refrigerator, luggage stands, and more than 1 wastebasket. Rooms were nicely furnished, decent size, and very clean. Bath towels are huge (especially compared to other European hotels). The front desk staff were very helpful with our requests for things like taxi service and even a U.S. to U.K. power plug adapter. The free on-call shuttle to and from the Brent Cross tube station is a great perk. The only bad points are the very high prices for the internet service and breakfast (didn't try the breakfast - too expensive for a family of 5).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to record your comments from your last stay. As Operations Manager responsible for the Holiday Inn London Brent Cross I was very pleased to note you had an enjoyable stay. I have shared your feedback with my team who are delighted and motived. I am sorry to hear about our breakfast prices. I am sure while check-in my colleague would have given you a one time offer only at reception desk on the day of arrival, you could purchase breakfast voucher at a discounted price.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

E-mail:johnson.joseph@ihg.com
alfreton derby uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed between the 2nd /5th june for the Queens Diamonds Jubilee at a lot less than center london hotels ..Drove down from the east midlands so easy just of the M 1 plenty of parking places at £5 a day ...Hotel nice and clean good size rooms only one thing did not like the pillows not a lot of body in them very flat ......Friendly staff on reception and the drivers did a good job driving to the tube ...The breakfast was good but a bit on the dear side but it is london ... Yes would stay again so easy to get into london on the Northen line right into Leicester square ....We were on the 7th floor at the rear on looking out of the window over the road to some spare land to see two foxes and 4 cubs playing for over a hr was a joy at 9 am ...Will use the hotel again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to record your comments from your last stay. As Operations Manager responsible for the Holiday Inn London Brent Cross I was very pleased to note you had an enjoyable stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

E-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com

Been to Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross? Share your experiences!