“False advertising on their website” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Dylan Apartments Paddington

You added Dylan Apartments Paddington to your Saves list
Dylan Apartments Paddington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Devonshire Terrace | Westminster, London W23DW, England   |
Ranked #943 of 1,052 Hotels in London
Gabriola Island, Canada
“False advertising on their website”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I've travelled to over 40 countries in five different continents. I've been in many small hotel rooms/apartments, including in notably crowded places like Japan and China. I have never, however been in a room/apartment so small as the Dylan apartment in Paddington. The place was so small that even opening a suitcase was nearly impossible. The bathroom was so tiny I had to contort myself into the shower booth and on the toilet. The company does an incredibly deceptive job on the internet, advertising a smartly furnished pad. Instead, the furniture was rickety, the sheets stained, and the paint on the wall chipping. What's more, the place was constantly baking in the sun, without air conditioning. The walls were so thin I could hear nearby guests moan. And of course the internet was available only for extra charge. When I complained of false advertising I was told I had checked in already and even if I had left my money was already taken. Believe it or not I am a very laid back traveler: I have stayed in dives and dungeons and in the bushes, but this one was the worst by a mile. Stay away.

Room Tip: Sleep on the street: it'll be better.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Greater Newcastle, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

'Cramped' doesn't adequately convey the limited space rented here. It was so tight I had to plan my journey from one side of the room to the other. The window had to be open for it to be cool enough to sleep, but it only took a few minutes stuffing toilet paper around the edges to stop it from rattling. I wasn't able to sit straight on the toilet because the wash basin left no room for my legs. It was impossible to turn the shower on without getting wet, which put you at risk of scalding. The exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work, so the mist from the shower set off the fire alarm at 5:30am on a Saturday morning, putting me at serious risk of being murdered by other guests. On the plus side, the staff members I dealt with we're pleasant (don't blame them!).

Room Tip: Try another establishment
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was a bit worried after reading all the bad reviews on here but booked it for a hen weekend as it was so reasonable. I booked four standard rooms. For a few night's stay they were just fine. A little small and tired but clean and had everything we needed. If you want a big room as for room 2 - it's big! This is a good value hotel for where it is. Just a few mins walk from Paddington and next to some great places to eat. The Mitre pub is great. The staff are friendly and accomodating. For the tiny price we paid it was just fine!

• Stayed July 2013
Norfolk, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Dylan Apartotel is in a converted house in quiet location not too far from Paddington Station. The room whilst small was spotlessly clean. Although the description of self catering is perhaps a trifle imaginative. There is a toaster, kettle, twin hob and microwave oven as well as a fridge the sheer lack of space would make cooking anything more that a snack tricky if not impossible. However this was offset by the numerous reasonably priced eateries in the area of Praed Street .The staff were friendly and cooperative and allowed us to leave our bags there when we arrived some hours before check-in time. The accommodation it self was quiet although I do not know the level of occupancy during our two night stay. For the price it was a very good choice bearing in mind the reputation London has for high priced accommodation.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 23 which was fine but we did not see any other to compare it with
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
New Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

These apartments are in a wonderful location and for the price offer a spacious room that is clean and has all that is needed for a short city break. By using the kitchenette it is possible to save money on eating out, but there are plenty of bars, restaurants and attractions near by. The only issue for some travellers may be the stairs, we stayed on the fifth floor and there is no lift. For us, this wasn't a problem and as we only had hand luggage we managed fine but the stairs are rather narrow and fairly steep (I found this adds to the history of the building in the area). The staff in the building were all friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have stayed there for 4 nights. We got room downstairs in their dungeon without openable roof light windows, nor air circulation. They want to pay before stay on desk and want all your credit card numbers written on paper form. And bathroom should be named as torture room. BEWARE of this "hotel" it is not worth of money.

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Where to begin?
On arrival when you walk in you think you found a really good deal and a place to stay. You are quickly disappointed when you walk in to reception. Run down and smelly. The stairs are narrow making it hard to get up with suitcases, and you can see that everyone else has struggled as well with marks and holes in the wall.

Upon arrival i had to give out my debit card details, including security code if you wish to stay. I was not given a reason why they needed all this information from me. When i went back downstairs to enquirer about the internet i could see my card details and copy of my passport sitting out in plain view for everyone to see. Needless to say the card has been cancelled as soon as i left.

The walls a paper thin and you can EVERYTHING!!! The internet is overpriced and doesn't work well at the best of times. I was told my room would be cleaned everyday, they only made my bed and changed my towels. The floor was a mess and my bed was falling apart and made noises no matter what you did. The floor was filthy, apparently owning a broom and vacuum is to expensive. To use the toilet and the shower you have to leave the door open to be able to move around. The kitchen was shockingly small was only provided with one power outlet and an extension lead. The sheets and duvet cover i was provided with were torn. I had to use a coat hunger to hold the window open. I felt like a prisoner with less room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo