“Very nice people running it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dylan Apartments Paddington

Save Saved
You added Dylan Apartments Paddington to your Saves list
Dylan Apartments Paddington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Devonshire Terrace | Westminster, London W23DW, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #864 of 1,073 hotels in London
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Very nice people running it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife, my daughter and and I stayed here for 2 weeks and it was very nice. The location is great. Our room was near the entrance so it was very noisy so that is a thing to consider when booking a room. The room was big and nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Walked past the building as it didn't seem to advertise itself as a hotel. No welcoming reception area. A struggle up narrow, shabbily carpeted stairs to an 'Office' which smelt of stale sweat. I had booked online and given credit card details but was still asked for photo-id which was then photocopied. Room stank of damp. En-suite shower-room stank of damp. Stained patches all over the ceiling. Room not as clean as it could have been. No fastening or lock on the window - well at least I had a window and it opened - but it didn't stay open, I had to prop it. TV didn't work. Duty Manager kindly gave me free wi-fi for the night. Lots of comings and goings of other residents could be heard all night through thin walls. No complimentary tea or coffee - just a kettle.

Convenient for Paddington Station. But would not recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Drammen, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Good location near Paddington Heathrow Express, but the room were tiny, we were unable to turn off the radiator, hardly any hot water in the shower, leakage through the ceiling in the bathroom (strange liquid was landing on toilet - in the actual bedroom there was marks in the ceiling telling that there has been a leakage, lousy windows not able to stay up nor keep the wind out! We also had a double room (thought I think I booked a twin rooms), but a doulbe is fine and I can share the bed with my friend but PREFER A SEPARATE BLANKET/QUILT - but when asking they said it was only one per room!!!!!! They did not have a spare!!! And you also have to 5% extra in order to pay with credit card.

Room Tip: "Stay away"
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
pmdirectuk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Firstly I was drawn in by the lavish website and the pictures of a suave and contemporary decor apartment, I booked with out hesitation! Then afterwards I wanted to see a few more pictures so I ran a search on Google and SLAP! I was met by some awful Tripadvisor reviews!! I was very nervous to say the least. However my booking was made and I did not have time to look elsewhere so I sent a email off to the Dylan voicing my concerns which were met with a prompt and timely reply fuelling my confidence!

I continued with my booking.

On arrival I was shown into the office and was in a awful hurry to meet work colleagues and was checked in swiftly and with zero problems. I was issued a key and given directions to my room. No problem there!!

I opened the door expecting to see a dive as per the reviews however I was cock-a-hoop to discover that the room was delightfully adequate and tastefully designed, clean and well equipped for the single or duo traveller(s).

I left the room after trying out the bed to which I found extremely comfy and walked 100yrds to the next street where I found a stylish street full of trendy cafes and a really nice pub called The Mitre. I could not believe that I had grabbed such a great deal. £70 for a quaint, stylish and primly located bed for the night. A stones throw from the pub and I was at Marble Arch chowing down on some very fine food and wine at the Island Grill restaurant.

Not only will I give this hidden jewel 10/10 I will also recommend it to anyone going to the city on a short stay! Well done Dylan Paddington!

I have tried to book 4 rooms for my brothers 40th next month but they are full! And I am not surprised......

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Rooms look much nicer in pictures but they do not make it clear which hotel and which rooms they are of . very very small rooms but quite reasonable price wise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hamilton, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

While it looks and sounds great on the web, these are not apartment but very small rooms....if your a bloke of any size you wont be able to even sit on the toilet with out adopting a bent man act. The worst room is outside and under the road in a World War II bomb shelter....which may sound exciting but its not....full of mould, and no room to move.....its also to far into the city!

Room Tip: avoid the bomb shelter at all costs...in fact avoid the whole lot
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Dylan Apartments Paddington? Share your experiences!