“A jewel in central London for £70 a night!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dylan Apartments Paddington

You added Dylan Apartments Paddington to your Saves list
Dylan Apartments Paddington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Devonshire Terrace | Westminster, London W23DW, England   |
Ranked #959 of 1,054 Hotels in London
pmdirectuk
“A jewel in central London for £70 a night!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Firstly I was drawn in by the lavish website and the pictures of a suave and contemporary decor apartment, I booked with out hesitation! Then afterwards I wanted to see a few more pictures so I ran a search on Google and SLAP! I was met by some awful Tripadvisor reviews!! I was very nervous to say the least. However my booking was made and I did not have time to look elsewhere so I sent a email off to the Dylan voicing my concerns which were met with a prompt and timely reply fuelling my confidence!

I continued with my booking.

On arrival I was shown into the office and was in a awful hurry to meet work colleagues and was checked in swiftly and with zero problems. I was issued a key and given directions to my room. No problem there!!

I opened the door expecting to see a dive as per the reviews however I was cock-a-hoop to discover that the room was delightfully adequate and tastefully designed, clean and well equipped for the single or duo traveller(s).

I left the room after trying out the bed to which I found extremely comfy and walked 100yrds to the next street where I found a stylish street full of trendy cafes and a really nice pub called The Mitre. I could not believe that I had grabbed such a great deal. £70 for a quaint, stylish and primly located bed for the night. A stones throw from the pub and I was at Marble Arch chowing down on some very fine food and wine at the Island Grill restaurant.

Not only will I give this hidden jewel 10/10 I will also recommend it to anyone going to the city on a short stay! Well done Dylan Paddington!

I have tried to book 4 rooms for my brothers 40th next month but they are full! And I am not surprised......

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Rooms look much nicer in pictures but they do not make it clear which hotel and which rooms they are of . very very small rooms but quite reasonable price wise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hamilton, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

While it looks and sounds great on the web, these are not apartment but very small rooms....if your a bloke of any size you wont be able to even sit on the toilet with out adopting a bent man act. The worst room is outside and under the road in a World War II bomb shelter....which may sound exciting but its not....full of mould, and no room to move.....its also to far into the city!

Room Tip: avoid the bomb shelter at all costs...in fact avoid the whole lot
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had to pay in advance, but we get no receipt.
In the beginning the heeting system was out of order, so the room was very hot. We tried to switch off the radiator, but anything happend. Staff was incapable to help. So we had to sleep window open the first night. On the second day the problem was repaired.
Soundproofing between room and corridor was poor.
Bed squeeked noisy.
Assortment of utensil in the kitchenette was modest, for example pans haven't lids and there was no brush for dishes.
The best point was location so near Paddington station
Our opinion is the hotel is not worth three stars.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Hey,
My first stay upon reaching London was at Dylan Paddington... i stayed here for around 4 days.
I stayed here in a studio room. I liked it.. the place was clean, spacious, beautifully decorated with a fully equipped kichenette, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is the biggest plus point, i felt.
The only problem was with the WiFi internet, given it was a basement room... i had problems with the signal..
the price is also a bit on the higher side.
but overall, i liked the place...
will recommend it, but not the basement room if uninterrupted internet is one of your requirements...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
auckland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Booked on Wotif.com
I booked a week here, In June and it was last minute, a lot of places were already booked out mid week and I was on a budget after travelling a month.
I took this place as there was wifi and a self contained unit.
But on arrival no internet, in fact other guests left because of no Internet during the week before. The room as in the basement. WARNING: The walls are VERY thin. I could heard the lady next door eating chips/crips, people coming in the front door and people walking the stairs. The cleaners are not very good either. I def wouldn't be staying again or recommend especially after not receiving multipal important phone calls, and visitors. The guy at 'reception' even wanted to WRITE down my credit card numbers on paper .. Just in case. No machine. Not a good experience :(

• Stayed June 2012