“My Stay at Dylan Paddington” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dylan Apartments Paddington

You added Dylan Apartments Paddington to your Saves list
Dylan Apartments Paddington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Devonshire Terrace | Westminster, London W23DW, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #945 of 1,066 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“My Stay at Dylan Paddington”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Hey,
My first stay upon reaching London was at Dylan Paddington... i stayed here for around 4 days.
I stayed here in a studio room. I liked it.. the place was clean, spacious, beautifully decorated with a fully equipped kichenette, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is the biggest plus point, i felt.
The only problem was with the WiFi internet, given it was a basement room... i had problems with the signal..
the price is also a bit on the higher side.
but overall, i liked the place...
will recommend it, but not the basement room if uninterrupted internet is one of your requirements...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
auckland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Booked on Wotif.com
I booked a week here, In June and it was last minute, a lot of places were already booked out mid week and I was on a budget after travelling a month.
I took this place as there was wifi and a self contained unit.
But on arrival no internet, in fact other guests left because of no Internet during the week before. The room as in the basement. WARNING: The walls are VERY thin. I could heard the lady next door eating chips/crips, people coming in the front door and people walking the stairs. The cleaners are not very good either. I def wouldn't be staying again or recommend especially after not receiving multipal important phone calls, and visitors. The guy at 'reception' even wanted to WRITE down my credit card numbers on paper .. Just in case. No machine. Not a good experience :(

• Stayed June 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

7 flights of stairs to a room so small that my small bag only fitted in the tiny toilet.
On arrival they insisted i write my card details on a piece of scrap paper that was left on the open desk for all to see even though i had paid, he left the office door open and anyone could see them.

Shower means burn/freeze/burn/freeze and a fun game to play.

I could not get a receipt when i left as the staff don't turn up until after 9am, instead there is an emergency number on the office door but don't bother calling it as no-one answers.

After many many calls the promised receipt is still not with me.
I work in London 10 months a year so i am experienced.

on the upside it was very quiet (no traffic all night)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

The first thing to note is the rooms look nothing like the pictures, they are small cramped and to be honest its hard pushed to see how they can advertise this as a hotel, its really a hostel.
I had a room on the front with a sash window which didnt close, so i may as well have slept on the pavement all night, my sink didnt drain, the TV wasnt tuned in and no one could help re-tune it.

The rooms are tiny and a joke, apartment sounds lush doesnt it, but its all smoke and mirrors, its a rip off, DONT STAY THERE.

Room Tip: I cant give you any tips apart from, Sussex Gardens is just around the corner and has some rooms of...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Portsmouth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I know alot of people think when reading these feedback reviews and go ahead and book it, but seriously! .. DO NOT!

This place is an absolute dive. My girlfriend treated me by taking me to London for the weekend and booked this hotel, I have never been in shock before I saw this room!
It was joke to call this place a 'Hotel'
We stayed in room 12. The rooms are no bigger than a rabbits hutch, the bathroom you cant swing a cat in, the bathroom is an old wardrobe 'Converted' in to what ants would call a bathroom.

1) The door to our apartment came off in my hand! .. held in with one screw.
2) Bathroom towels are thread bare.
3) TV was hanging off the wall/bracket .. No sound of the TV and mostly foreign channels.
4) Kitchen, don't get me started on the kitchen, it was less than a metre in diameter.
5) Fake plug sockets? .. Why you would put that in a hotel room baffles me.
6) Shower head was clogged with mould, Also sorry for this but stank of poo constantly.
7) The toilet flush didn't work so we had to put up with the toilet constantly filling/emptying.
8) Bed was knocked up by all the other parts of other beds and rock hard bit of cardboard under the mattress, paper thin pillows.
9) The bed sheets had holes all over them, my girlfriend was really itchy all night.. hopefully there weren't any bedbugs like there has been reports of..
10) The walls may as well have been non-existent due to the level of noise you could hear.. try going to sleep listening to R2D2 answer phone machine coming from reception and waking at silly o'clock by screaming kids and pushchairs bashed about.

We are being serious when we say DO NOT stay here, it really is the worst place to stay .. We are not picky people, its just the basics we are after, Other people who have stayed will agree!

Where you have to give ' Your overall rating ' .. if I could give 0.5, I would.

Room Tip: DON'T STAY HERE.. listen to the bad reviews, wish we had!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Terrible terrible terrible place. Save your money and stay as far away as you can from this place.

Reasons why:

- Terrible location. Not close to anything of any interest.
- Tiny rooms. Only suitable for dwarf children who dont bring any luggage.
- Smoky rooms as doors and windows dont fit snug in the frames.My partner who suffers from asthma was up all night as he couldnt breathe!!
- Dusty bedding. No duvets provided. Only layers upon layers of old dusty blankets.
- Noisy as there is no double glazed windows.
- Staff unhelpful. Handyman went to get batteries for the TV remote and didnt return.
- Bathroom only suitable if you are ok with keeping the door open- The handle was actually falling off of our bathroom door!

I have emailed and called repeatedly for the past month and no-body from customer service has called me back. The Paddington branch phone line has been down for the past few weeks too so I am unable to give them my feedback directly.

I am considering getting my solicitor involved as my stay was nothing like what was described on their website.

If you dont have much money to spend, please take my advice and book a B&B or sleep on a park bench- as anything is far better than this place! You can even sleep on my garage floor because atleast the door keeps the noise, light and smoke out.

Room Tip: Tip: Book somewhere else. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dylan Apartments Paddington? Share your experiences!