we only stayed for one night, thank goodness. Once we had finsihed formalities with the helpful receptionists, it was a dismal experience: carpets covered in tarpaulins outside the lifts, dimly lit corridors and bedroom, damp and musty room and towels, non-potable water in room, broken and urine-filled toilet, Victorian showers in cool and puddle-filled shower room. Breakfast involved a queue in a cramped corridor with people with trays trying to file past each other. The breakfast selection was very good and reasonable quality, though the breakfast room was not warm. It was helpful to be able to leave our luggage for several hours when we left. Location great.
I was a student so have lived in some pretty dank accommodation but I feel sorry for anyone having to stay here for a whole term. A depressing end to a holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carr-Saunders Hall provides bed and breakfast accommodation in central London near Oxford Street.Carr-Saunders is also within easy reach of many famous attractions such as Madame Tussauds, and the British Museum as well as London shopping areas such as Covent Garden and Regent Street.Rooms at Carr-Saunders are available at Christmas and New Year, spring and summer, with low rates year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, HostelWorld and Odigeo so you can book your LSE Carr-Saunders Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carr-Saunders Hall Hotel London
- LSE Carr-Saunders Hall London, England