We nearly cancelled our online booking to stay here 17 and 18 August after reading the reviews saying the hotel was a back-packers hostel. My daughter lives nearby and we went to check out the location before making a decision. Fortuitously a very smart gentleman asked if we were remembering how the hotel used to look. I replied that I wanted to see if the TA reports were valid. It turned out the Tony worked there and he assured me the the Wellington was being transformed. We kept our booking and had a lovely two nights there for my husbands birthday. The beds are very comfortable; the room is clean and the shower brilliant although the bath side was a bit high for me to climb over. The tea tray has Ridgeway tea bags - such a change from the cheap ones you often get. True the reception needs a make-over but the staff are charming and helpful. The refurbishments appear to be of a high standard as they are keeping the lovely traditional features such as fireplaces and panelling.
So go on - book in. I am sure you will not be disappointed. The hotel is very well situated, clean and comfortable and well-priced. What more can you want?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peacefully located in Westminster on leafy Vincent Square, the Grange Wellington Hotel provides a retreat from the commotion of the City, whilst remaining within easy reach of Buckingham Palace, St. James’s Park, and Westminster Abbey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HostelBookers, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Grange Wellington Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wellington Hotel London
- Wellington Hotel London
- Grange Wellington Hotel London, England