“Clearly Not as Good as it used to be” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Clearly Not as Good as it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

See my review from last year when I rated this place Very Good - in common with some of the more recent reviews I think I sadly have to agree that things seem to have gone downhill somewhat since last year - I've been 2 or 3 times this year and maybe the tough economic times have bitten - yes portion sizes smaller - out of stock of the steak I wanted - steak prices still too expensive - everything tasted of average quality and most of it was dry/overdone - the lamb chops used to be amazing but are now simply average - steaks used to be tasty but the rib-eye was merely ok - have increased variety of starters but the only one worth recommending is the buffalo wings.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“Not as good as it used to be.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This used to be a place I looked forward to go to. Not any more after the dissapointing meals. The starters are good especially things like cheesy balls and prawns dips. The steaks have gone down hill. Portions have got smaller while prices have gone up. On one occassion, the chips were undercooked.The salads accompanying the steaks are really awful. A small portion and nothing special. Definately can do better.
In all, I dont got there any more. I suspect otehr regulars go there because of no halal steak places. A real shame.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Multiple visits and the service has downhill slightly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Ive been going to Steakouts for a few years now. I started off in the Norbury one and now the tooting one as its easier to get to.

They often run out of the steaks you want and sometimes you are inclined to order the next size up at an additional premium.

Steaks are always good but steak sauces are getting smaller by the day. When I started coming here I would lots of mushroom sauce on top and nowadays its smaller than it was before. Mash portions are small as well but very tasty

They always get the steaks done as you want them. Ive never known them to get this wrong. I always like medium to well done and thats what i get.

I used to be full up on a main meal but these days I need a starter to fill me up (and ive lost weight)

I will be back but only because there a lack of good halal steakouts.

Make your portions bigger or drop your prices slightly. I know your a business but the extra service would result in me bringing me and my family here more often (Currently 3 times a year)

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Been visiting Steakout for a couple of years now, and have always found it delicious. The steaks are great, and the chips/mash are tasty as well. The salad is nothing special, but the milkshakes are a nice treat. Only way to improve it would be to lower the cost, as it is quite pricey. Overall 4 out of 5 :D

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited this restaurant on a Sunday evening it wasn't very busy. We made a long trip to reach this place. We ordered a sirloin plain with mushroom sauce n chips and t bone braai style with peppercorn sauce n rice and A lychee milkshake. The mushroom sauce was horrible just like milk with mushrooms floating in a small pot. The steak braai style comes sizzling with some half cooked onions and sauce on top. The peppercorn sauce was tasty. That steak was average so was the sirloin. It wasn't too chewy we had it cooked medium-well. It was very pricey and don't think the service and quality matched up. Total was £30.

• Visited April 2013