“LOCATION,LOCATION,LOCATION” 4 of 5 stars
Review of My Place Hotel

You added My Place Hotel to your Saves list
My Place Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1-3 Trebovir Rd. | Earl's Court, London SW5 9LS, England (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #823 of 1,049 Hotels in London
NY,NY
“LOCATION,LOCATION,LOCATION”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I spent 9 nights at My Place in Sept 2013. It is literally around the corner from the Earl's Court Tube station which is a stop from Heathrow airport on the Piccadilly line [so damn convenient], and a very easy connection to all of London.

This charming hotel, built in the early 1900's, does show its age and furniture can be worn and shabby, BUT it is kept very clean, great shower, elevator, cable TV, helpful and very pleasant front desk, good breakfast [and if it nice out, they have a patio], many restaurants, supermarkets, pubs, pharmacy, internet cafes, etc. within a two blocks of this colorful area.

Drawbacks? Well, very spotty Wi-Fi connection, and none in the rooms. But an internet café across the street is one pound/hr...nice deal.

I certainly would stay there again and for the price [about $85/night]it is a hidden gem.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I love the location of this hotel and would return just for that reason. The hotel and rooms themselves are very outdated but clean. You will love the nice hot showers with good water pressure. The complimentary continental breakfast is decent. If you don't mind a very basic room, this hotel is a great choice for price and location.

• Stayed September 2013
Odense, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Very good localtion. Very near to Earls's Court Underground Station, so it is very easy to visit Tower Hill, Tower Bridge, London City and more. The Hotel staff are very polite and helpfull, and the hotelroom were held very clean and nice.

Room Tip: When booking this hotel, choose among the rooms which Windows are to the garden site !!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mornington, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Travelling to the London every year for the last 8 years, I've always stayed at My Place Hotel, the main reason is the location, close to the tube, I often travel on the District line and pick up the tube from Heathrow direct to Earls Court on the Piccadilly line, also, it's close to F.F.C .

Some of the rooms are a bit on the small size, what I do is move some of the unnecessary furniture out of the room until I leave. My main reason for travel is not to sit in my room and watch television, and when I do return I just sleep. There are improvements' being made at the hotel and it's a work in progress. The rooms are adequately cleaned daily, if they are not, I mention it to the management and wrongs are promptly rectified.

Breakfast is the important meal of the day, and being a vego I tend to miss what is served at the buffet. So cannot comment.

I give it the thumbs up. :-D

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was in London with work for one night - thankfully. I was put in a single room on the sixth floor. Let's start with the positives - the shower worked well and the room was reasonably clean, the staff was friendly and the hotel is conveniently near Earl's Court tube station. However, although I didn't have a cat with me I don't think I could have swung one in the smallest room I've ever stayed in. The single bed was only marginally wider than me but the worse thing was the heat, I tried opening the windows but this did not seem to make much difference even late at night. I used the fan provided to make things almost bearable but the situation in the early morning was not helped by the wafer thin roller blinds that failed to screen any of the light or heat from the rising sun. I would add that this was not during the recent heat wave but when it was warm, rather than hot weather.
The ambience of the room was not helped by the decrepit furniture - none of the drawers of the chest of drawers would open without a herculean effort - really welcome when bathed in 90 degree heat.
The final disappointment was the 'breakfast' - you have to give 24 hours notice - and an extra £10 - for a cooked breakfast, not much use when you're staying for one night and the continental version comprised of some flaccid ham and cheese. We (I was staying with two similarly unfortunate colleagues) got given some toast so we ate that with some brown stuff I think was coffee.
All the above was available for £100

Room Tip: At worst avoid the rooms at the front of the hotel in summer - at best avoid the hotel entirely all...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Honestly, don't expect much. This is the best advice you will get- in fact don't expect anything except for running water and a bed, not mentioning comfy. I spent there a night last weekend, the staff was polite and the hotel looked average (that is if you do not look up- gaping holes and leak stains are a permanent part of decoration). Our double room was an alright size however one bed was double, the other single- surely you would want the same size beds? Or this could be at least specified in the description? It was extremely hot at night as air con did not work- my friend slept on the floor because it was the only chilly spot! The package included breakfast which was composed of cheap ham, cheese, yoghurt, cereals, toasts, eggs...And a fly which favoured buffet as her hang out. At least coffee was good (from a machine).

It's a good place to stay over in terms of budget. But lower your expectations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Receptionists where friendly enough, after we got our key and checked in I was a bit disappointed. Being a housekeeper myself in a 3* hotel, some things let me down: the fridge was not cleaned at all and was very dirty, their were lots of hairs in the shower, the bedroom fan and telephone was dusty and the bathroom floor was not very clean. After walking around on the carpet bare footed, my feet began to get dirty. There is no bath in the bathroom but an extremely tiny shower ( if you are a dress size 16 or above, you have no chance ). Also, a weird thing was, we had to turn on the bathroom light by flipping a switch inside our wardrobe. The hotel is very dated and shabby but a plus side is it's right next the underground train station but I won't be coming here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to My Place Hotel? Share your experiences!