“Love this place. ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #425 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Love this place. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is amazing. Staff are all friendly it's a pretty basic but nice hotel for a well placed hotel in London. It's an amazing location it's got free wifi and free breakfast included in the price. Hotel is always clean. I've stayed at this hotel 3 times now. This August I'll be going back for a long break with my partner. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. There is no lift but this is stated before you visit.

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Polish first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My sister and I have stayed at this hotel 3 times (2007, 2009, 2012) and hope to stay again in 2017. As budget travellers we found the price great as well as access to transport, supermarkets, laundromat.Hyde Park so close. Lovely to see the same staff in the breakfast room on each visit. Highly recommend. (please note: I was unable to finish this review without putting in a date so I have used July 2014 as the date. Our 2007, 2009, 2012 visits were in July)

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

The hotel has the essentials: a decent room, good included continental breakfast, and it's very near to two tube stations. It might not be the cheapest, but in terms of the value for your money, you get the best you can.
The only downside is that they don't have a lift, so you will be carrying around your stuff in the stairs. But really, if having to climb stairs is the only downside, then that means that there is no real downside.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Ancona, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

The hotel has very good location, in a nice area. The atmosphere and service are on a good quality. My room was small without private bathroom but I feel comfortable since it was clean and well furnitured. The only problem which I met was the weak pressure of the water in the bath.
Anyway, I think that if I come back in London I would choose to stay in Caring hotel again.

Room Tip: double room
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2015

room below £50 in central London, including breakfast, one starts to see visions of cupboard under the stairs or in the shed out the back, people jammed in 10 to a small room, flaking paint and peeling wallpaper, health and safety issues with a crust of bread for breakfast. But none of this here. Here is a small hotel right in the centre of a very attractive area of London close to underground and buses for centre of city and no sign of any negative features. Well a few if you are very choosy - shared toilet on a corridor, old furniture, bulbs in lights not working (but soon fixed). But if you are looking for cheap overnight and are not overchoosy, this is definitely a great place.

Room Tip: it's hard to find, even though close to main raid, so make sure you have a good map. But worth f...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Totnes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2015

Very good location, quiet with no traffic noise from our room. Staff all friendly and pleasant. I had a twin room as stayed with my 14yr old, there was a 3rd bed in the room. It was clean as was the ensuite. There was soap but no other toiletries. Tea and coffee and milk replaced each day tho had to go and ask for milk one day as none had been left. Beds were comfy and our tv worked. Breakfast was disappointing, boxes of cereal, eggs, sometimes cheese, sometimes bread rolls, sometimes croissants, juice and tea and coffee. The toast which was only white bread always arrived on the table the same colour as before going in the toaster which is really dry bread not toast. One morning I took it back as there was a spot of mould clearly on top of one slice.
Having paid over £300 for 3 nights I was surprised to find there was a charge for us to leave our bags for a few hours after checking out. It was only £2 per bag but really !! Would not rate it as a Hotel as no facilities you expect from a Hotel

Room Tip: No lift so ask for lower floor if stairs are difficult
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2014

Not perfect, but a decent basic hotel. Plusses: decent size room, nice contemporary décor, recent refurb., we were in room 4 on ground floor, decent quality towels, good bed linens, good quality beds so we had a good sleep, usual small but adequate and clean bathroom. Soap provided, plenty of tea, coffee, milk. I had requested not too many stairs and we were on ground floor. Although a continental breakfast, was decent and plenty of it, room was very quiet despite being close to reception.
Minuses: when I entered room it was made up into a double and I had booked a twin, towels are on small side, room was gloomy due to being on back, guy on reception later had no idea who we were but just handed key over, only one hand towel, short one pillow, extract in bathroom not working, no shampoo/shower toiletries which I find surprising, breakfast repetitious, one bedside lamp was shorting, we swapped bulbs and was definitely a short, top loose.
Having said the above, I reported the double prob., was unzipped and two singles made up in double quick time, room gloomy but I had requested a quiet/ low down room, reported towels and that was sorted, same with extract, fixed next day quickly, we sorted lamp out with receptionist, so most of probs. were sorted quickly and amicably, which is all you can ask really - let's face it, if faults are not reported, they can't be fixed. Had to pay on leaving, which was a surprise as this should have been sorted previous.
Overall, for the price we paid, £190 for two nights for two of us, it was good value in a quiet street, mainly helpful staff, all the women were great, handy for tube. I would use it again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Caring Hotel? Share your experiences!