“Just a B&B, not a hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Caring Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Caring Hotel to your Saves list
Caring Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   24 Craven Hill Gardens, London W2 3EA, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #440 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Pune
“Just a B&B, not a hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I booked this for a family of four because of its location - easy access to different parts of London. And the location proved great - without any noise, but public transport access to just about anywhere in London. The staff were warm, helpful. The hotel was clean, but spartan. Apart from the two beds, there only one chair for four pax. The bathroom was very small. The TV worked exactly for five minutes each time after it is powered on. Breakfast was frugal, with very limited options. Wi-fi was very slow and in patches worked normally. Overall it was a good bed and breakfast place; it should not have been named a hotel.
I booked a taxi through the Hotel to go to the Victoria coach station. The taxi overcharged us saying that it is a fixed charge. I would strongly advise not to use the hotel staff to book a taxi - but rather to go to the nearby taxi rink and get one.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have bath en suite. Please select the options in the Hotel website carefully.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
Santa Monica, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good location. The rest: mattress was awful. Receptionists make you wait while they finish their personal calls and you are standing there trying to ask a question--though they knew little of the area anyway. Called reception from my room and no one answered--the desk guy was busy skyping to his child. Two people calling me got no answer, as apparently there are few lines into the hotel and if reception is on one and one is on hold, you don't get through. Another caller left 2 messages and neither got to me. I left a message for the owner to contact me to discuss this problem, and he never did. My last night I asked the receptionist to hold all my calls, as I was waking up early, and he let a call through anyway. After I called him and told him not to do it again, he asked "if she calls again shall I put it through?"!! Breakfast was awful and never changed--I finally went up the road to eat, even though I paid for the breakfast with the hotel room. The coffee was crap. There was a sign in the room asking that water be saved by using towels for a few days, and I told reception that the bath had a serious drip. No one ever fixed it, and I was there 6 nights. Broken drape mechanism. Television stopped working twice, and the receptionists' response was "you have a lot of problems in your room, don't you". No shampoo or normal bathroom supplies. If this is "Caring", I'd hate to see them NOT care about guests.

Room Tip: get a room in a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

I stayed here for one night on Saturday 15th November 2014 with two acquaintances as we had originally booked to be in London for the England game at Wembley that evening. The hotel was around a 10 min walk from the metro station, either Bayswater or Queensway and in the vicinty of several watering holes and eateries.. On arrival we were met by a friendly woman who quickly checked us in and pointed us in the direction of our room which was handily located on the ground floor, just past the foyer. The room was an adequate size and consisted of one double bed, one single bed, and a camp bed. We had originally booked a 3 person room. My companions said that the beds were very comfy and the camp bed was decent enough to sleep on too. The room had a telly which was very small. The bathroom was clean although on the small side and had a rather unique sliding door instead of a standard door but this was no problem. All in all, the hotel is ideal as a place to sleep for the budget traveller although you would not want to spend a lot of time here. Would go back if travelling with friends again for one night. Only problem was that the key was given out to us by a man on reception late at night who had never seen us before without any questions asked. This was less than than satisfactory in terms of security.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

Stayed 5 nights at the Caring Hotel. As a single traveler, London lodging can be painfully expensive, so I was looking at lower-priced options that were in a reasonably central location. This hotel as a range of room types, one of which is a clean, simple single-bed room with a shared bathroom in the hall. It was a perfect fit for my budget.

My room contained a sink, and was simply furnished. The bed, while far from new, was more than adequate for a good nights rest. Having the bathroom in the hall was never an issue. Breakfasts feature hard-boiled eggs, toast, cereals, canned fruits, juices and coffee. Again, it was basic, but enough to get you going.

The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from Paddington station, and less than 10 from the Bayswater or Queensway tube stations, which makes it easy to get to from Heathrow and then on to anywhere you want to go. The neighborhood is safe and relatively quiet at night for London.The staff is friendly and cheerful and more than willing to help with directions or advice.

Overall, the hotel met my expectations and was reasonable value for money. The next time I am in London I will definitely consider another stay!

Room Tip: The hotel has no lift, so if you are traveling with a lot of luggage consider requesting a room on a...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Danville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

I recently stayed at the Caring Hotel in London and found it very nice. It is near Hyde Park and the tube stations. There are lots of little grocery stores in walking distance and quaint restaurants. I found the location quiet and the staff very friendly. You can catch tours around the corner and the Hop on Hop Off bus as well.

Room Tip: I had an insuite bathroom which I prefer, but there are other options. There is no lift, so try to...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Uppsala, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

Spent a weekend, perfect location near Hyde Park and Notting Hill. Staff was all but helpful, rather have a hot dog for breakfast and sleep on the carpet, which of course was everywhere but in the minimal shower (no toilet). The price compared to the standard is way off.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014 via mobile

I can only think of staying in this class of hotel once before - I usually stay in a much higher class of hotel. I'm going to review and score this therefore, on my low expectations rather than compare it with higher star equivalents.
The hotel is within walking distance from Paddington station, although a little further than I was expecting. I was greeted by a very welcoming receptionist and the room was perfectly acceptable. Lots of room and a reasonably sized bathroom. I had booked a double bedroom. The bed cover was a little marked which made me think that maybe the room would be dirty - it wasn't. I heard a few springs pop when. I sat on the bed, however I slept soundly with no disturbance.
Breakfast was pretty good - personally I only had a couple of slices of toast and a cup of tea, but there seemed to be a good choice and the staff were helpful and quick.
Would I stay there again? - yes probably if my budget didn't allow me to stretch to an expensive London hotel

• Stayed October 2014

Been to Caring Hotel? Share your experiences!