“Low Expectations ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lancaster Court Hotel

You added Lancaster Court Hotel to your Saves list
Lancaster Court Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   202-204 Sussex Gardens, London W2 3UA, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #944 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Bury St Edmunds
“Low Expectations ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here as a last minute booking when work in London overran and it didn't make sense to drive home and come back again the next morning.

I was working very close to the hotel so I initially walked into the reception to ask about room prices and was quoted £80 for a single room even though I had already looked online to see cheaper prices available for £60.90. I made my excuses to the man on reception and left and then booked online using a well known website app.

The first room I was given was in the basement; I opened the door to find the lights on, a used towel on the bed and signs the room had been used. The man on reception said that someone had viewed the room earlier in the day and had obviously used the facilities and then left. Not really the hotels fault so no real problem.

I was then given an upper floor room which slept 3, this room was nicer in that it had a large window but the general repair of the room was poor; damaged plug sockets and tatty wallpaper but the bed was very comfortable.

Being the Paddington area, it's noisy but is central to where I needed to be so it worked ok but for what for you pay, this is pretty average.

People that book this hotel need to understand that this is a bare bones budget hotel and if you want something better you have to pay much more for. If you get this point, you won't be horrified when you arrive.

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Poole, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Well where to start, to start with the good:
-location is great, walkable to oxford circus, Lancaster gate tube station is 5 mins, quiet road.
-staff are friendly and polite
-beds are comfy
Now for the not so good:
-not very clean, mould growing on the soap dish, black marks on the sink
-I wouldn't call it continental breakfast, toast, cold boiled egg, cheese and cereal. At half 9 on the dot the lights are turned off.
-there were piles of dirty towels outside our room
-the tv and bedside lamps didn't work
-the tv was in front of the only mirror and the headboard falling off.
- there was a hole in the bathroom door.

If your looking for luxury this isn't it but if your looking for budget and just somewhere to sleep then you would be ok!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Alveston, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

What did I expect? Not plug socket hanging off the wall.
Bed side light not working.
Every time the tap was turned on the pipes made a sound like thunder
The "bathroom" door didn,t fit.It was a swinger not a slider.
The floor of the shower unit had a big patch of plaster,
presumably to plug a leak.
Having said all that ,the beds were clean and comfortable and the reception staff were really pleasant and friendly.At breakfast some lights were turned off to hurry us out at one minute to 9.30.

Room Tip: Make sure the room really is where they say it is .Not at the front where there is traffic.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
LondonLancaster, General Manager at Lancaster Court Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2014
Dear Happygranny 2014,

I really do appreciate the time you took to write your feedback following your recent stay at The Lancaster court Hotel.
It is through listening to our guest’s comments we try to improve our service and I am happy to inform you that we have already fixed the issues you raised in your comments.

Now, we all hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,
england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

Lovely area with restaurants, shops and pubs close by. Hotel was clean but basic. No lift but able to leave luggage, at your own risk, if arrive early+unable to check in to room. Breakfast was basic, toast, cereal or cold boiled eggs.

• Stayed October 2014
Dear WoodHouse10,

I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at The Lancaster Court Hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed our central location and our luggage storage facilities which is well received by all our guest.

I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and I really do hope that you will come and stay with us again.

My best wishes,
Mike Carter.
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

If you're thinking of going here - don't. Rooms were mouldy, draughty and grotty.
The beds and bedding were unpleasant smelling and the en suite was grubby, unclean and creaky. Breakfast was cereal, boiled egg and cheese - that's it!
We asked to be moved to a better room only to be housed in a larger version of what we'd just had.
The receptionist was well versed in dealing with complaining customers so they must be used to it.
Save yourselves the aggro and go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't. Use. This. Hotel. It's. Awful.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
LondonLancaster, General Manager at Lancaster Court Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2014
Dear Mia,

I really do appreciate the time you took to write your feedback following your recent stay at The Lancaster Court Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our professional customer service. Our friendly and professional reception staff always go an extra mile to make their guest stay as comfortable as possible. I have also taken on board your comments regarding the guest rooms. It’s through listening and actioning our guests feedback, past and future, this is how we try to improve ourself and I really hope that you will join us again soon to enjoy the new look Lancaster court hotel.

Yours Sincerely,
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

Given London prices, this was probably average - but to be honest, having stayed in another almost identical budget hotel nearby in June this year (Balmoral) it was not what I would regard as acceptable. Very tired hotel, torn wallpaper, old decor. Friendly helpful staff though. My son and I were put on the top (5th) floor - a lot of stairs but acceptable. The room size was adequate, but the shower room door opened straight onto the bedroom (no ventilation) and the toilet comprised a macerator unit which would wake the dead. The washhand basin drained into this so could trigger it too. It also resulted in smells coming from the sink which were not pleasant. There was no ventilation in the toilet other than into the bedroom. The strip shaver light on the wall (the only toilet lighting) switched itself on and off as it heated up (probably a safety issue). The sliding door involved a bit of wrestling to get it to work. Not the cleanest of tiles or grout around the shower areas. Stain on duvet cover (looked like coffee or tea). No shampoo ("we don't do shampoo") and no plug in the sink! A request for one after the first night brought an assurance that it would arrive that was not implemented. The breakfast was continental, and OK(although the Balmoral a few doors down the road included full English). It cost a pound to print our plane boarding cards - they didn't offer to do it and directed us to the "pay as you go" internet computer. Hotel internet access is charged. All perhaps small points, but when you put them together, and compare what else is available, it adds up to a general lack of interest and determination to ensure that "budget" means the minimum that they can get away with. Will revert to the Balmoral next time - they were happy to print our boarding card too. Great location though - but have seen a lot better for the price

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
LondonLancaster, General Manager at Lancaster Court Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2014
Dear Mike M,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write your feedback following you and your son’s recent stay at The Lancaster court Hotel.

I was really happy to read that you were pleased with our friendly and helpful reception staff and I have passed on your feedback to my team who very much appreciated it. I also note that you loved our great location, which is very central. We take our guest comments very seriously as it’s through listening to our guest we try to improve our service and make their stay as enjoyable as possible.

I truly hope to welcome you back in near future.

Kind Regards,
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

For Central London basic and bit tired and dated with an early 70s feel but value given rates charged. Be aware no lift and I was on 4th floor with 82 steps to my room up narrow twisting stairs. Ok for one night arrive sleep go, nothing else. Staff friendly and helpful and location great for west central London access.

Stayed October 2014

Been to Lancaster Court Hotel? Share your experiences!