“Cold showers, patronising staff and stairs, oh my!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lancaster Court Hotel

You added Lancaster Court Hotel to your Saves list
Lancaster Court Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   202-204 Sussex Gardens, London W2 3UA, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Ranked #936 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Walsall
“Cold showers, patronising staff and stairs, oh my!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I booked this hotel knowing it wasn't going to be luxurious. The positives, the hotel is reasonably clean and warm. I can't comment on the breakfast so I won't. Now, I paid £58 a night for a room with a shower, to warn anyone who imagines this is anything fancy the first room I had the shower was quite literally a little closet in the room, not even any tiling, just a curtain. The shower ran cold, I left it some time and it was still cold and the pressure was very low.

The next morning I reported this to the gentleman on reception who agreed to look into it. I returned to find my room had not even been touched.

The day after this I asked again and this time put the request in writing. I was asked why I hadnt used the shared shower and when I pointed out I had paid not to, I was assured something would be done. That evening I came back and asked what had happened. The man on reception told me if the water was hot in my basin then it was me who was failing to operate the shower correctly. I would like to add at this point I am an adult, a professional and have a masters degree. I can manage plumbing.

The next day I came downstairs and was told again I should use the public shower and it was my failure to operate the shower which was the problem. I stood my ground and insisted that someone come unto my room and investigate this. A girl came up with me and tried to persuade me that the lukewarm barely pressurised water was fine. I was left standing when she hurried downstairs but by the time I had got back to reception she had vanished. The man who had told me this was my fault now agreed to move my room. I returned later that day and moved into a room which I checked and had a working shower.

It worked fine for one day and now is running cold again. I am beyond fed up with this hotel and their utter failure to run a decent service. Do not ever, ever, ever stay here.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Port Talbot, Wales, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The photos on the hotels website bears no resemblance to the hotel today.
A rundown filthy hotel. I was booked in for two nights but left after an hour or so and went elsewhere.
I was placed in the basement, no heating, damp towels, no proper lighting, freezing cold, and no window. Not even a shower screen/curtain, just the shower attachment on the taps. Two guests, two small towels.
Both myself and my girlfriend were scared we were going to catch fleas or nits, it is disgusting.
I could've cried when I saw it. Avoid this hotel unless you want to throw money away, I would say you are better off setting fire to £109 than giving it to this hotel. Be warned!!!!!!

If you don't heed my warning, I hope you don't get Room 4.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Looks ok from the outside and the location is great but that's about all the plus points I could give this establishment. We had room 12, a family room in the basement, the room was cold and in desperate need of a revamp,the bathroom didn't even have a radiator and the shower was cold. We had breakfast the first morning and it was a cold stale croissant,cold toast and pre packed jam and cheese, the tea was stewed and coffee tasteless. The following morning we found a cafe outside the station. Wouldn't recommend this 'hotel' to anyone except maybe a North Korean dictator.

• Stayed December 2012
Sevastopol
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The only good thing about this hotel is location. Everything else is just terrible. It was my birthday, when we arrived. My friend paid for my stay with her credit card. When I arrived it appeared that only one night was charged and receptionist told me in bad english that he could not wait till next morninig to clarify the issue and that I have to pay for the rest of the stay immediately. Moreover I was told that most probably I have stolen the Credit card! My suitcase was already in the room and front dask person refused to give the room key back. I felt as arrested. The Birthday was almost spoiled. Room was small. It was funny that they put the kettle in the wardrobe. There were no lift and I was forced to carry heavy suitcase to the third floor. Windows didn't have isolation. Breakfast was too simple and personal was unpleasat. It was stuffy and dirty in the breakfast room. And if you need the Internet, you have to be ready to pay for it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed for two nights at the Lancaster Court in September 2012 - and went back for a third night about ten days later.
On arrival there was little hassle. front of house people were welcoming and informative. Many of the questions about London were answered during the registration process.
The rooms were clean and comfortable, albeit tiny. They are on several floors with no elevators.
Most rooms had ensuite showers and corridor toilets; some had completely ensuite bathroom facilities. If this is a matter of concern, best to raise it in advance.
Breakfast was included in the rate. Ceral, juice, toast and coffee were served in a bright dining room by happy,easy going young people.
I would certainly use the Lancaster Court again for a stay of a few days, especially when my days are full and I look forward to a comfortaqble quiet place to lay my head.

Room Tip: Some rooms, but not all, are fully ensuite. Best ask when booking for one of these if you want one.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Lancaster Court Hotel? Share your experiences!