“A disgusting hotel. A "Terrible" rating is far too generous.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lancaster Court Hotel

You added Lancaster Court Hotel to your Saves list
Lancaster Court Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   202-204 Sussex Gardens, London W2 3UA, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Ranked #981 of 1,058 Hotels in London
Port Talbot, Wales, United Kingdom
“A disgusting hotel. A "Terrible" rating is far too generous.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The photos on the hotels website bears no resemblance to the hotel today.
A rundown filthy hotel. I was booked in for two nights but left after an hour or so and went elsewhere.
I was placed in the basement, no heating, damp towels, no proper lighting, freezing cold, and no window. Not even a shower screen/curtain, just the shower attachment on the taps. Two guests, two small towels.
Both myself and my girlfriend were scared we were going to catch fleas or nits, it is disgusting.
I could've cried when I saw it. Avoid this hotel unless you want to throw money away, I would say you are better off setting fire to £109 than giving it to this hotel. Be warned!!!!!!

If you don't heed my warning, I hope you don't get Room 4.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
3 Thank Kevin T

Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Looks ok from the outside and the location is great but that's about all the plus points I could give this establishment. We had room 12, a family room in the basement, the room was cold and in desperate need of a revamp,the bathroom didn't even have a radiator and the shower was cold. We had breakfast the first morning and it was a cold stale croissant,cold toast and pre packed jam and cheese, the tea was stewed and coffee tasteless. The following morning we found a cafe outside the station. Wouldn't recommend this 'hotel' to anyone except maybe a North Korean dictator.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank Mark J

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Kiev, Ukraine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The only good thing about this hotel is location. Everything else is just terrible. It was my birthday, when we arrived. My friend paid for my stay with her credit card. When I arrived it appeared that only one night was charged and receptionist told me in bad english that he could not wait till next morninig to clarify the issue and that I have to pay for the rest of the stay immediately. Moreover I was told that most probably I have stolen the Credit card! My suitcase was already in the room and front dask person refused to give the room key back. I felt as arrested. The Birthday was almost spoiled. Room was small. It was funny that they put the kettle in the wardrobe. There were no lift and I was forced to carry heavy suitcase to the third floor. Windows didn't have isolation. Breakfast was too simple and personal was unpleasat. It was stuffy and dirty in the breakfast room. And if you need the Internet, you have to be ready to pay for it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank VictoriaSevastopol
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed for two nights at the Lancaster Court in September 2012 - and went back for a third night about ten days later.
On arrival there was little hassle. front of house people were welcoming and informative. Many of the questions about London were answered during the registration process.
The rooms were clean and comfortable, albeit tiny. They are on several floors with no elevators.
Most rooms had ensuite showers and corridor toilets; some had completely ensuite bathroom facilities. If this is a matter of concern, best to raise it in advance.
Breakfast was included in the rate. Ceral, juice, toast and coffee were served in a bright dining room by happy,easy going young people.
I would certainly use the Lancaster Court again for a stay of a few days, especially when my days are full and I look forward to a comfortaqble quiet place to lay my head.

Room Tip: Some rooms, but not all, are fully ensuite. Best ask when booking for one of these if you want one.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo