“Fabulous hotel and great value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Lancaster Gate

You added Park Grand London Lancaster Gate to your Saves list
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14-16 Craven Hill, Lancaster Gate, London W2 3DU, England (Formerly Hyde Park Premier London Paddington)   |
Ranked #29 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Wiltshire England
“Fabulous hotel and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We visited the hotel earlier this week and I have to say that I was more than impressed and the TripAdvisor ratings are fully deserved.
For this quality of hotel in such a convenient part of London is almost impossible to find but the Park Grand is certainly an exception.
We were greeted by the friendly reception staff and offered hot towels and a drink, check in was painless and we were even given an upgraded room.
Overall the staff could not do enough for you, a kind of 5 star experience for a 3 star price.
The rooms are not particularly large but beautifully finished and spotlessly clean.
I have to say that next time I am in London I will certainly check this one out first.

Room Tip: We had a club room overlooking the rear of the building so very quiet, however the road out teh fron...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband booked this hotel for a birthday trip away. Although we know London well, we were not as familiar with this area. We were pleased with the area and very pleased with the hotel. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and thanks to the other reviews, we did well to book a club room. This room was a decent size and had the bonus of fresh fruit, bottled water and a small bottle of wine each day! The bed was your average double, so if you like something bigger, you might want to ask if they have those in bigger rooms! Our room was at the front of the hotel, and you could hear some road noise, but it wasn't that busy, so didn't disturb us much. On the second night we could hear another guest snoring, but I couldn't tell which direction this was coming from, so perhaps the walls might be a little thin. This didn't really cause us any problems.
The breakfast is a deal and highly recommended. A great selection of both hot and cold and really worth including this in your rate.
We were impressed with the value for money and will definitely book again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a club room on the second floor (409). A good booking.
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here for four nights while we were in London and wow, so glad we did! What a wonderful experience. Hotel was a short 5 minute walk from Paddington station in a fairly quiet street within easy walking distance of Hyde Park. The staff were so helpful and friendly. Hotel was very warm and welcoming. Everything was very clean and tidy and decor was modern and appealing. Our room was very big for London standards and had some lovely amenities - nice size tv, adjustable heating, ipod docking station, hot chocolate, tea/coffee, biscuits etc. We also received a welcome gift of fruit, a bottle of wine and some chocolate as well as some complimentary bottled water and a newspaper every morning. These little extra's just made the experience even more special. Our breakfasts were also included in our rates and they had a nice full English buffet option with eggs, mushrooms, baked beans, sausages, bacon, tomato, baguettes, croissants, danishes etc. All in all, a really top notch hotel at a reasonable price. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We had a basement club room which was much larger than the upper rooms and cosier too. The bathroom...
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Looking for hotels in London is extremely overwhelming, especially when you don't want to spend an arm and a leg... I spent a long time on tripadvisor pouring through reviews and came across this hotel several times. I was a little skeptical, because there were only a few reviews (that were all glowing) when I was looking to travel on relatively short notice in October. But, since they just changed ownership and did some renovations, it's close to Paddington and Lancaster Gate stations, seemed to be a nice neighborhood, and was a small hotel (my preference) I figured I would give it a try.

I'm glad I did... I found a reasonable rate, given a last minute special they were having and since I was traveling solo, I stayed in a single. First off, the hotel was pretty easy to find (once you get used to London street names changing every block), it's a straight shot from Paddington Station. The staff were incredibly warm and attentive--I mentioned that I was traveling for a milestone birthday when I checked in and the next morning, on my birthday they surprised me with a little cheesecake... it was such a nice thing and definitely helped me start the day on a great note! All of the staff were pretty patient with all of my questions about getting around and everytime I walked by the front, there was always a friendly face. I can't say enough about the staff here.

The room was just fine for my needs, definitely a tight room, but it was just me in a single room so it was perfect for my needs. It was clean and the style was pretty modern. The wifi was also pretty fast, definitely suited my needs for facetime, social media, email, etc...

Breakfast was included with my room rate and it was a nice selection of food, English breakfast items, dairy products, pastries, bread and fruits.

The neighborhood was pretty quiet and I felt fairly safe walking around day and night. It was a quick walk to Kensington Gardens and the two stations I mentioned before-I was able to hop on the train and bus to get everywhere I needed to go. There are small shops and restaurants. close to the hotel.

If you're on the fence about this hotel, don't be. It's a small clean hotel with great service!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Comfy bed. Great shower. Delicious breakfast.Good location. Great value. Really liked it.We arrived late and left pretty early so can't really comment on the service but the few people we did see were lovely.

• Stayed February 2015
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed two nights and cannot fault the hotel or the staff. Yes the rooms are small but very clean and of a very high standard. I would return to stay without any hesitation and highly recommend this hotel. Thank you.

Room Tip: As our was such a good room, I suggest 102!
Torpoint, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Just returned from a 2 night break, the hotel is in a great location and is spotlessly clean and provides a great breakfast but above all the staff are polite, friendly and courteous - nothing is too much trouble. The rooms have everything you could wish for and are very comfortable. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again when I go to London.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Been to Park Grand London Lancaster Gate? Share your experiences!