“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Lancaster Gate

You added Park Grand London Lancaster Gate to your Saves list
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14-16 Craven Hill, Lancaster Gate, London W2 3DU, England (Formerly Hyde Park Premier London Paddington) (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #24 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Can not praise this Hotel enough. They say it's the little touches that make the difference, and this place really does prove that point. Booked for my fathers 80th birthday, and the staff could not do enough to make his stay enjoyable. From booking a ground floor room, to special Birthday cake left in the room. The staff are really friendly and responsive, and nothing is too much trouble.

Room are not large, but it IS London after all, and not much call to sit in the room really. Everything is spotless.

Only 5 minutes from the tube, and a stones throw from Hyde Park. Lots of small cafes close by.

Perfect...

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Hereford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had two nights here and I can't speak highly enough. It was a perfect location for us arriving into Paddington. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and well equipped. The staff were very attentive and friendly and on discovering it was our anniversary, we were delighted to receive a card and chocolates. We will certainly be making a return visit.

Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed one night in this hotel as part of a birthday treat. The staff are welcoming, professional & friendly. The location is brilliant, it is on a lovely quiet street, walking distance from Paddington, walking distance to Hyde Park. If you prefer walking you can take a beautiful walk through Hyde Park to The Royal Albert Hall and Natural History Museum on the other side, or if you prefer the tube it is close to Lancaster Gate.
The Hotel will look after your bags even if you've checked out.
Returning to our hotel after seeing a show we found a birthday cake had been left in our room from the hotel staff along with rose petals, chocolates & swan towels. A lovely & unexpected touch.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a short stay in London and I will definitely book again next time.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I booked the hotel on the main website as I am a silver member.
The staff was so lovely and helpful. It was my Partners Birthday and I explained to the receptionist and she took it upon herself to ensure he walked into the room with a smile. There was rose petals towels made into swans and a slice of a bday cake and a candle.

The room was very clean and the bed was very comfy. The decor is nice and modern and I enjoyed every moment.
I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and I was allowed to check out at 1pm.
When we arrived we was served with warm towels and also a drink. I felt like royalty.
I'm defo going back!

Thank you for making my partner have an amazing Birthday!!!
5*****

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We have just returned from a two night stay at this hotel and would highly recommend it. On arrival, there was no electricity due to external work in the road. The staff were very apologetic, even though they had no control over the situation. They provided complimentary tea, coffee, sandwiches and biscuits in the small lounge prior to checking in. Our room was quite small but perfectly adequate for a short stay with all the usual facilities including a fridge and microwave.
We mentioned the trip was a ruby anniversary present from our children and on returning from the theatre the first evening there were chocolates left in our room (see picture). All the staff were exceptionally polite and friendly. The breakfast was very good with a choice of cereals, full English, fruit and pastries etc. As we enjoyed walking we never had the need to use either the tube or bus but both were easily accessible. We will certainly stay at this hotel again on future visits to London.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is my second visit to the Park Grand London Lancaster Gate, it did not disappoint. The rooms are on the small side, but very comfortable and very clean,good bed and pillows. Well equipped with microwave, I Pod docking station and so on. The turn down service was a nice touch also because we had a club room the free bottle of wine and fruit was a lovely gesture.The staff were excellent very helpful and extremely friendly. As my Daughter and i love our trips to London,we will be returning to the Park Grand.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

While I've been to London several times, I hadn't visited London in the winter so took the opportunity of a long weekend to do so. I was on my own, and was looking for clean, quiet, and a less expensive room for one near a major tube station. The Park Grand London Lancaster Gate met all of my "requirements."

The hotel is located about 5 blocks from Paddington Station so it is convenient for travel to/from Heathrow airport. One can take the Heathrow Express train, or the London Connect, which takes about 15 minutes longer than the Express because it stops 5 times between the airport and Paddington. But it costs less than half as much. It is a very comfortable option. (Of course one can take the Piccadilly tube line from the airport, but that is a bit of a chore, but it does save lots of money--and would require several changes to get to Paddington Station for this hotel.)

Paddington also has three tube lines and there is the Lancaster Gate tube station serving yet another line just a few blocks from the hotel.

I had arrived early (11 AM) and I assumed the room would not be ready. It was not, but the reception staff said they would make it a priority, and I was in the room 45 minutes later which was very much appreciated after an overnight flight from New York.

The room assigned was a ground level room in the rear of the hotel. Not much to see out the window, but that's not why I was there... The room was quite small, but I had requested a single. It had very up to date heating/cooling controls, lighting, a large flat screen tv which was a bit difficult to see because it was parallel to the bed--the only place one could sit/lie in the room. The bathroom was "compact," but very serviceable.

The extra benefits of the hotel: free very good WIFI everywhere, tea, coffee, biscuits in the room, a very friendly and helpful staff. There was breakfast every morning with a wide selection of foods. (The same food is offered every morning so if one stays a few days, it does get a bit 'boring,' but the food was good. ) And the breakfast service staff are most friendly and helpful.

It was a very pleasant hotel stay. And I would recommend it to those who don't need extensive hotel services, large rooms, or to be in the heart of the tourist areas.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Been to Park Grand London Lancaster Gate? Share your experiences!