“Lovely” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Lancaster Gate

You added Park Grand London Lancaster Gate to your Saves list
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14-16 Craven Hill, Lancaster Gate, London W2 3DU, England (Formerly Hyde Park Premier London Paddington) (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #24 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

One of the nicest places I have stayed at ! Truely it's first class boutique with a small & elegant atmosphere, the place smells amazing !!! the staff were extremely friendly & helpful specially Elton, Zain, Michael, Clare, Cynann and Adriana, very nice building well decorated with excellent quite location everything is high standard, extremely clean, beds very comfortable, all items work correctly, Wonderful place to stay, I will absolutely stay there next trip to London.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cheney, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

There are lots of reviews about the hot towels on arrival, the staff the comfortable rooms, the service, etc and they are all true. The next time I stay her though, I am going to probably pay for a larger room and try to get a higher floor but still, no complaints whatsoever! We were in 808 for 6 nights.
I would like to mention Sara and Janet in the breakfast room as examples of the impeccable service that is the hallmark of this outstanding hotel. Every day there was instant service, smiles and just the right amount of attentiveness. There is a fine line between truly outstanding service and just too much interaction and this hotel knows how to make guests feel welcome, cared for and yet still have their personal space.
There are so many nice touches in this well designed hotel. Microwave and refrigerator in the room, delightful heated floor in the bathroom, Grohe fixtures in the bathrooms, comfortable beds, windows you can open and did I mention the staff? I became aware of Grohe plumbing fixtures earlier this year and they show how the folks who designed this hotel, chose quality.
I asked the manager about any guidelines to leave a tip for the staff upon our departure and he told me it was up to me. I know we Americans have different tipping guidelines than other countries but I was so impressed with our stay, I had to leave a bit. CynAnn checked us out on November 15th and was our parting interaction with the Park Grand London Lancaster Gate Hotel.
The website is not too clear on directions from Paddington Station but just go right out of the station and walk straight down the street to the hotel. It is just past the Best Western on the corner in the middle of the block.

Room Tip: We were in 808 and could hear the chairs above us in the club room but it was quiet at night.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A nice surprise to be greeted with a refreshing juice and hot towel. Very simple but just what the doctor ordered. We had a Club room which wasn't massive but had everything we needed including complimentary bits and bobs. Breakfast was a treat also and so nice to be included rather than an add on. Highly recommend.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A little gem of a hotel, great service, great staff, great value for money, extremely clean, convenient and some very nice little touches. I was extremely happy with this hotel and will definitely be staying here for future business trips to London.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Wallingford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

A warm welcome awaits you when you stay at this lovely 'boutique' hotel. A hot towel is presented on your arrival followed by a fruit juice. Attention to detail made us feel very valued visitors! We were then shown to our room by a very personable member of staff . Our room was of very tasteful decor - as is the hotel as a whole - as well as being clean and well appointed. Breakfast was fine and again looked after by attentive staff. The hotel is within a short walking distance to Paddington Train station and well situated for the sights of London. I would happily come to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Vinayak G, General Manager at Park Grand London Lancaster Gate, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Ann L,
Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to leave such a kind review for us here on Trip advisor. Your feedback is very important to us.
The hotel was recently refurbished and so it is a delight to hear that the new decor in our hotel was pleasing to your eye!
I hope that you will grant us the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel once again in the not too distant future.
Kind regards and best wishes,
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

If you want excellent service with a smile, a huge and comfortable bed to sleep on, in a room of top notch specification, with a shower big enough for four people, in a hotel of excellent location less than 5 minutes walk from Paddington and a comfortable stroll from Hyde Park, Marble Arch, Oxford Street etc, then this hotel is for you. I could not have been more impressed and better looked after, from the moment of stepping into the foyer then shown to my room by a classy conciege, to being wished well as I left, the staff at Park Grand certainly know how to get all the little things right. As a businessman I have been lucky enough to stay at hundreds of good hotels around the world. To my pleasant suprise, my stay there was faultless, equal to some 5 star hotels I have stayed in before. By the time I woke for breakfast I actually started looking for flaws, it was that good - surely a buffet breakfast couldn't tick every box, even the 5 star boys struggle with pre-made scrambled eggs.. Not here, perfectly done, 100% spot on, to the point that I sought out the chef and congratulated him on his achievement - unctious, fluffy, moist, soft and flavoursome yellow scrambled eggs to go with my thick cut crispy bacon and countless other options. The management there obviously know how to operate good hotels properly and their team of staff all seemed proud of where they were working and also to fully understand how to strike the perfect balance of friendly yet courteous service with a smile. I know this all sounds too good to be true, 5 star quality at 4 star prices, but the only way to know for sure is to check in yourself. I left with a smile on my face, a skip in my step and a pocketful of perfectly folied choclates just waiting to be grabbed by their front door.. Well done to all at Park Grand, owners, management and all staff - I will be back, for sure! :-)

Room Tip: Pay a liitle extra if possible and book a Club room - well worth it
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Rosco646,
Thank you so much for leaving such an amazing review for our hotel here on Trip advisor!
Wow! We are absolutely overwhelmed with pride when reading this review. It was our pleasure and such a pleasure to have you here to stay with us at Park Grand London Lancaster Gate Hotel.
We strive to ensure that all our guest are made to feel welcome and at home during their stay and leave our hotel with a smile on their face. Our aim is to bring our guests the best possible services and amenities so we are just thrilled that this shone through during your stay.
I will be sure that all my staff read this review you have left as I know they will be absolutely delighted and it will bring a great buzz to the atmosphere in our hotel.
Once again, thank you so much for your kind words. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Hotel in the not too distant future.
Kindest regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

What a great find! Firstly booked direct with the hotel and saved about £30. We paid on the day with complimentary breakfast ( All for no extra charge) even tho many so called cheap sites make you pay extra for this.
The hotel is very modern with a new refurb, lovely simple decor and has a feel of a luxury hotel. This hotel is not big it's more boutique but it's perfectly formed- for London the price is amazing. We stayed for 2 nights b n b for just under £300.
On arrival we were welcomed with a glass of juice which was nice, even the top hotels dont give you refreshments usually. Then on arrival the room as it was my birthday they had put happy birthday balloons , a bottle of wine and rose petals on the bed!
So surprised and it felt really personal.
The rooms are small but the quality is amazing for the money and we were out all the time so you don't miss a huge room .
Breakfast is basic but satisfactory . Cooked is nice but dont leave till last minute. Cerea toast fruit yoghurt if desired
Staff were so attentive and pleasant lovely attitude and friendly
I've stayed in expensive hotels with no attention to details or as good a service as here
For location it's near to Paddington and Lancaster gate underground so a quick commute
In summary a lovely hotel with it's best feature being the little extras that make you feel special. As long as IT stays this way I guarantee people visiting London on a budget who still want to stay somewhere clean and modern, will enjoy Park Grand.

• Stayed November 2014
Dear Candykitten1978,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review for us here on Trip advisor.
We are absolutely thrilled to hear that you liked the surprise we arranged for you in your room. We are always so happy to hear that guests have chosen to stay with us whilst celebrating their special occasion, so it is our pleasure to do something nice as a surprise for you!
Once again Happy Birthday, we hope that your special day was everything you wished for and more!
We are looking forward to welcoming you back next time you are visiting London.
Warm regards and best wishes,
Vinayak Girgune

Been to Park Grand London Lancaster Gate? Share your experiences!