“So happy we chose this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Lancaster Gate

Save Saved
You added Park Grand London Lancaster Gate to your Saves list
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14-16 Craven Hill, Lancaster Gate, London W2 3DU, England (Formerly Hyde Park Premier London Paddington) (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #25 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Murrieta, California
“So happy we chose this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

It truly pays to read reviews! We are so happy we took the time to do the research to find a hotel that was going to be a good fit for us for our 5 nights in London (Sept 26-Oct 1). First, let's talk about the hotel. It truly is a boutique hotel with a very accommodating staff. CynAnn, Clare and Alex were the first impression of the hotel when we walked in. They greeted us professionally and cheerfully. Alex brought us a glass of juice while we were checking in. Clare walked us up to our room and made sure it was to our liking. I'm really glad that we had read a review that said it was worth the upgrade to the Club room which we did. We had a bottle of wine and a tray of fruit waiting for us along with cookies, biscuits and turn down service at night with a chocolate on our bed. One beautiful evening we sat out on the front patio and took the wine and fruit with us. The staff offered to open the bottle for us and cut up the fruit. They brought it out to us on the patio with glasses and added a few cookies too! They were so wonderful and I am happy to write a review in the hopes that others might have the great experience that we did.
Our room was very nice. The bed was soooo comfortable. Yes, they were two twins pushed together and each had their own duvet cover but it did not affect us in any way. We slept like babies.The area feels like a residential street and was very quiet at night which also aided in our sound sleep. There was a safe in the room. We had very good complimentary wi-fi. There was a nice size TV which we watched in bed. The water pressure in the shower was great.The breakfast buffet in the morning was good with a nice selection of items. I had scrambled eggs, sauteed mushrooms, baked beans, grilled tomatoes and baguette slices most mornings. They also had meats, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit and lots of condiments. They brought coffee and juice to our table. All in all we were very, very happy with our choice of hotels.
The location of the hotel was also a big plus. At first, I really thought I wanted to stay in the Piccadilly area but after visiting there, I'm glad we made the choice we did. Piccadilly is a great, fun, vibrant area but extremely busy and noisy. We love to walk and we were pleasantly surprised to have Kensington Park and Gardens right down the street! We walked to Kensington Palace and took a self guided tour. We saw Princess Diana's dresses and had tea and scones in the garden. The Park Grand London Lancaster Gate was 2 blocks away from the Lancaster Gate Underground station and 2-3 blocks from Paddington Station. Paddington also had an express train to Heathrow Airport which was such a blessing on the morning we were checking out. We were getting ready to leave the hotel and found out that the underground stations near us had halted service because there was a problem with the switching mechanisms on the tracks. Taxis were overrun with people trying to get to work so we walked to Paddington Station and were able to easily get on the express to Heathrow. That could have been a nightmare if we weren't within walking distance to Paddington.
As I write this review, I have fond memories of our trip to London. I can't wait to go back and stay here again.

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to the Club room.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Park Grand Hotels were recommended to me by a friend. This particular hotel is a real gem. It's on a quiet side street, but very close to transport links.
Without exception, the staff are courteous and helpful - nothing is too much trouble.
The Park Grand group clearly place emphasis on staff training and this shows in every single part of the hotel. I can't remember the last time I stayed in such a friendly hotel in London.
some of the rooms are small (I saw three rooms in all), which is the norm in London, however, the bed, fixtures and fittings are all of a very high standard - you will sleep well here!
I wouldn't hesitate to recommended this hotel and I won't stay anywhere else now when I visit London. Thank you to the staff and in particular to Georgia, who was charm personified!

Room Tip: Rooms in the basement do smell a little of dampness. Perhaps management could check damp levels?
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We spent three very pleasant nights here. The Club Room was very comfortable and quiet The complimentary bottle of wine, fruit, chocolates and daily paper were much appreciated. All the staff we met were very pleasant and helped out with any queries we had. The bus services from Bayswater Road nearby met our needs perfectly. As we were staying in a Club Room we thought that bottled water could have been provided every day and not just on the day of arrival.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel twice - at both the beginning and end of my holiday. (sept-oct 2014)
I had a was upgraded to a "club" room on the 3rd floor the first time around - and had a fantastic stay!
Room was as pictured, had a nice amount of space (you could actually walk around the bed - which is a surprise due to usually tight space in London hotel rooms!)
Room had windows that open in the bedroom, as well as in the bathroom! Bathroom was more than ample size, and had a bathtub and shower. There was space in the fridge for anything you wanted to put inside, as well as a microwave, which was a nice touch.

On my return stay, I was in a deluxe room on the ground floor, which was not nearly as nice! The bathroom was so small, you had to inch sideways to the toilet and the shower (sink was in the middle). I would not recommend these rooms at all. Felt cold and damp.

TV had a good selection of channels.
Staff were really friendly and were able to assist with any queries I had during my stay!

Location was a big factor in my decision to stay here. It is an easy 5 minute walk to Paddington station (so easy access to Heathrow express), and is also very near to many Tube Stations/Bus stops for easy access into the heart on London for sightseeing. it is also one block back from the beautiful Hyde park - one of my favourite places in London!

I would stay here again - provided I could get a club room!

Room Tip: pay extra for a club room if you have a longer stay. ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Vinayak G, General Manager at Park Grand London Lancaster Gate, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear pz25,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel here on Trip advisor. We really appreciate your feedback.
It brings such a lovely vibe to our hotel when we read that our guests have enjoyed their stay here at Park Grand London Lancaster Gate Hotel so we thank you for giving us this boost!
Due to the Victorian style and layout of our hotel, some rooms may seem small, I’m sure the next time you stay you will (as you did in the first part of your recent stay) enjoy the spacious club rooms. Please do not hesitate to book for a clubroom when making your next reservation with us.
Also, you may be interested to know that if you book directly through our website, you will receive complimentary breakfast in you stay.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel next time you are visiting London.
Warm regards,
Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This Hotel is located 7min walk from Paddington Station. It's quiet, the clean rooms are well furnished and the mattresses good, it has Coffee/tea maker + cookies and a free apple (an apple a day keeps the doctor away) there is even a microwave in the room ! Good breakfast to start the day. What I liked best was a very friendlily staff ! Always helpful and smily, just what it needs to make your journey a great experience. I'll be booking it again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Dear francoise244,
Thank you so much for your kind words here on Trip advisor.
It is so nice to get this lovely feedback as we work hard to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay. I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of our location and also the services provided in your room such as a microwave and the tea/coffee making facilities.
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are visiting London.
Warm regards,
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Stayed 7 nights. Highly recommend.

Pros:
1) cleanliness, hotel is newly refurbished and every inch is spotless. The rooms, bathrooms, perfectly clean and I am fussy about this
2) location, central, walking distance to Paddington station. Easy access to Heathrow Express, minutes from tube, bus routes, Boris bikes on the corner, Hyde park 5 min walk.
3). Service, friendly, helpful. Front desk is staffed day and night, always greet guests, the staff were accommodating of a room change I requested. I gave 4 instead of 5 stars because Club room had staffing issues, in that always had to search for a staff member to send a waitress and had to ask several times before someone showed up but they were always friendly.
4). Breakfast. Breakfast room was clean, bright, well laid table and very good hot breakfast.
5). Price. Very reasonably price for London and no hidden charges.
6) housekeeping. Five stars to housekeeping that made sure the room was perfect, tea service topped up etc.

CONS.
Club Room: could have been better staffed, we upgraded to this for seven nights but only ate from the complimentary menu once because service was slow and waitresses did not seem trained, she would present us with a bill then have to be reminded we were on Club package which was odd because you need your key to get into the club room. We thought they were going to have tea and snacks out and available at times during the day, instead you had to ask front desk to send someone to serve you and it took so long not worth it, but service was always friendly
2. Room sizes. Rooms vary and first room was tiny even for London standard, couldn't sit on toilet without moving to one side to avoid cabinet etc but we were moved to a much larger room, compromise, it was in the basement down steep harrowing stairs

OVERAL:

Highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again ,

• Stayed October 2014
Dear 207beth,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel here on Trip advisor. Your feedback is very important to us for our growth.
With regards to the room size, the hotel is in an old Victorian style building and so it carries the charm and style that is of when it was built. As you said, if our guests are ever unhappy with any aspect of their room, we always try to be as accommodating as possible in moving to a different room.
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay with us. As for the cons you mentioned, I will be sure to have this addressed at our next staff meeting so as to improve our service in every way. Thank you for letting us know about these issues.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel once again the next time you are visiting London.
Warm regards and best wishes,
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I just returned from a four-night stay at this fabulous little boutique hotel in central London. I am telling all my friends about it, and we will definitely be back. The hotel -- in a charming renovated white Georgian townhouse -- is on a nice, quiet street of lovely, small-scale buildings, with several small cafes, restaurants and shops. It is a short walk from the Paddington train station -- where the train from Heathrow drops you off in just 15 minutes! It'll only take you a few minutes to walk from the hotel to glorious Hyde Park and the Lancaster Gate tube station. Most days we walked right through Hyde Park to get to various museums and attractions throughout central London. After a night at the theatre in the west end, we hopped on the tube right next door and made it back to the hotel in about 20 minutes! The tube was very easy to figure out, and the Lancaster Gate station was conveniently close to anywhere we wanted to go. The hotel itself is beautifully decorated -- very modern and very clean. As soon as we arrived, we were warmly welcomed by staff, who offered us an orange juice and a warm moist towel. Very thoughtful, and very much appreciated. Although the room was quite small, we didn't mind, as it was lovely, modern, clean and quiet, and the bathroom was very modern and clean. We loved having a kettle in the room, along with regular and decaf coffee and tea, and cookies supplied daily; a nice treat to come home to in the evening! The bed was very comfortable as well, but don't expect a king-sized bed in a small boutique hotel! We managed in the double bed, with a wonderful duvet, just fine. If you book the hotel directly from their website, they offer savings for multi-night stays, as well as a free buffet breakfast. Take advantage of this! The breakfast was absolutely wonderful -- with yummy scrambled eggs, assorted bacon and sausages, rolls, bread, cheese and lots of fresh fruit. With a good breakfast to start the day, we often weren't hungry until mid-afternoon, so we had plenty of energy for exploring the city. By the front door of the hotel, there was also a large basket filled with giant Delicious apples -- another nice touch. But what really makes this hotel absolutely wonderful is the superb staff. I can't emphasize enough how very friendly and welcoming every single staff member was. They are clearly very very well-trained, and all seem genuinely happy to be working there. I want to particularly single out Valent ("Valentine without the I-N-E!" he said) for being so warm, kind and helpful at all times. We were also very impressed by Savio, Sara, Janet and Alex -- and others whose names I sadly have forgotten. They all made us feel very welcome, and were very accommodating, friendly and kind. You can't go wrong by choosing this hotel -- no need to spend any more elsewhere.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the street; there was very little street noise, as this is not a busy thoroughfa...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear cececececececece,
Wow, what an amazing review you have left for us here on Trip advisor!! We really appreciate the time you have taken to write these kind words.
I will be sure to pass this on to Valent, Savio, Sara, Janet and Alex as I know it brings them great joy to know that their hard work and service is appreciated.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.
Warm regards and best wishes,
Vinayak Girgune

Been to Park Grand London Lancaster Gate? Share your experiences!