“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Lancaster Gate

Save Saved
You added Park Grand London Lancaster Gate to your Saves list
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14-16 Craven Hill, Lancaster Gate, London W2 3DU, England (Formerly Hyde Park Premier London Paddington) (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #25 of 1,055 Hotels in London
Oslo, Norway
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The best thing about this hotel is the location and quietness of the same. Close proximity to various Underground options, grocery stores, and restaurants. We were 3 moms and 3 girls (10 year olds) who stayed here for 3 nights. We were welcomed by an extremely friendly front staff, warm towels and cold drinks (the girls thought they were queens for a day!). Breakfast was filling and beautifully displayed. Everything seemed very clean.

Constructive feedback would be
* The rooms are rather small, bruises on my legs from the small passage in front of the bed.
* that the restaurant staff were not the best in our view. Take a drink order and not deliver, seemed put off when we were a party of 6 (even though very easy to move tables together). Hot chocolate that was made so hot that it burned the mouth of one child. Asked for a cold glass of milk, never came. Not even close to as friendly as the front desk staff.
* do not use their private taxi service. It cost 10-15 pounds more on both times we used. Further, the driver only accepts cash, which we weren't aware of until we came to our final destination and had to run around looking for a ATM.

We would still stay here again if we are ever travelling to London despite the little things.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Darlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed 25th and 26th September in Room 101 - a club double. A little worried at first as the room was opposite the top of the stairs and lift, and also facing onto the street, but didn't hear any noise at all. The room and bathroom were both lovely with everything we needed for a 2 day stay, although as there wasn't space for chairs any longer might be a little uncomfortable. We had complimentary wine, which was delicious, on the first day plus fruit, water, soft drinks and chocolates. The bed was comfortable with good bedding and the little fridge was very useful. We found all staff very welcoming and friendly, especially Janet who fell victim to my clumsiness when I spilt my welcoming drink and who was also very considerate at breakfast. The breakfast itself was extensive and although the cooked breakfast was a buffet it was hot and didn't seem as if it had been standing around. The whole place was clean and smart and for us couldn't be better placed for tubes and places within reasonable walking distance. We would certainly go back.

Room Tip: Room 101 has an island bed and full bathroom suite.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Vinayak G, General Manager at Park Grand London Lancaster Gate, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Stephanie L,
Thank you for such a kind review you have left us here on Trip advisor. Your feedback is very important to us.
Here at Park Grand London Lancaster Gate we strive to make each guest feel welcome and at home in our Hotel. We have recently renovated the hotel and in this we did our best to make each room as quiet as we could. I’m so pleased to hear that you had no difficulty with noise in your room and that your stay was an enjoyable one.
What a treat to know that you enjoyed the wine and fruits etc. supplied with your room. I will be sure that the staff have the pleasure of reading this wonderful review also as I know how delighted they are when they see how their efforts are appreciated.
We hope that you will be back to stay with us again in the near future and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was given a room which i initially didn't like its size, but after calling the front desk i was moved to a much better room that fitted both me and my brother comfortably.

Lancaster Gate area is an amazing central area in London, the hotel is perched in a quiet residential street in the midst of all the hustle and bustle. Very clean rooms, with well appointed furniture, and really comfortable beds. I was greeted with a basket of fruits and a bottle of red wine in my room, this welcoming gesture is available complimentary for Club Room reservations.

Room Tip: reserve a club room! make the best out of your stay :)
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Vinayak G, Manager at Park Grand London Lancaster Gate, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Ahmed A,
Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to write a review for our hotel on Trip advisor. We really appreciate your feedback.
Here at Park Grand London Lancaster Gate we do our best every day to try to accommodate our valued guests and I am so happy to hear that both you and your brother enjoyed the room, location and services of our hotel.
We hope you will visit again soon and look forward to welcoming you back.
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

First time in London and did not really have a clue where to stay. Saw the reviews on tripadvisor for this hotel and decided to try it. So glad I did. Yes, the rooms may be small but my room was perfect for my needs as a solo traveller and had all that I needed. Very clean and in excellent condition. Location was great with Tube access a short walk away and the beautiful Kensington Gardens a peaceful escape from the city bustle. The staff were outstanding, friendly and attentive from the lovely welcome and hellos from Clare and Cyn-Ann on Reception to all the restaurant team who always helped make the start of each day a happy one, and all the other staff. Recommended.

Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Dear Scott C,

Thank you so much for leaving such a kind review for us on Trip advisor. We really do value your feedback.
It is such a great blessing to know that the staff and services throughout our hotel are living up to the standards we put in place. I am delighted to read this review.
I will be sure to pass this review on to Clare, Cyn-Ann and all our staff as I know how happy they will be that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay here in London.
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were greeted warmly with a welcome drink and wet towel when we stepped into this lovely hotel. Felt like checking into a resort hotel in Asia but definitely a sweet gesture in busy London city. Wonderful location and excellent service. Bed is very comfortable. It will be perfect if the room size is slightly bigger. I do have tough time walking from one side of the room to the other side as the passage is so narrow that my suitcase can't even pass through, but still, I choose to stay at this hotel when I go back from Spain.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear swingclubhk,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review for our hotel here on Trip advisor.
We are so delighted with your feedback! It brings exquisite delight to all the staff to know that our services and facilities are reaching the high standards that we aim for every day.
As the buildings in our area were all built in the 1800’s they carry the Victorian style and charm and so as a result the rooms may seem small. Upon booking your next stay with us I’m sure you would enjoy the comforts of a clubroom. Please do not hesitate to specify this when booking your next reservation. Also if you book through our website directly you will have complimentary breakfast included in your stay.
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be returning to stay with us again in the near future.
We look forward to welcoming g you back soon!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Did not know what to expect since I have not travelled to London in over 40 years. Was pleasantly surprised by this fully modernized boutique hotel on Craven street just a few minutes walk from Paddington Station and Hyde Park (Lancaster Gate). The room, though quite compact (it was a single bed, similar to a cruise ship or dormitory), was a marvel of technology and simplicity. The room was spotless as was the entire hotel. The staff, especially Clare and Cyn-Ann, were fantastic. I had asked for a room change to a higher floor, and Cyn-Ann followed up and called me the following day to offer me a change (which I declined because I ultimately enjoyed my room location). Clare was also extremely helpful with explaining currency and logistics of traveling around London. The staff went out of their way to make my visit relaxing and enjoyable and I highly recommend this property. I have traveled around the world to nice resorts, and I would rank this among the best in its class in terms of a small boutique hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Vinayak G, Manager at Park Grand London Lancaster Gate, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear sac58,

Thank you for staying with us here at Park Grand London Lancaster Gate and for leaving such a wonderful review for us on Tripadvisor.

Our staff do their very best everyday to provide a comfortable and warm atmosphere for our valued guests and so to read such a fantastic review puts a smile on all our faces! I will be sure to pass this on to Clare and Cyn-Ann also as I know how happy they are when they can see how appreciated their efforts are. Thank you so much, your feedback is very important to us.

We hope that you will be staying with us again soon and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards,

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I arrived in London at close to 10pm and walked to the hotel from Paddington Station. I was a bit turned around due to the fact that I was tired and it was nighttime and my sense of direction was a bit off, so I had trouble finding the hotel, but once I found it everything was fine. It's really not that far from the train station, and it's very close to Hyde Park.

I must have looked really haggard, because as soon as I arrived a member of the staff rushed over with a glass of orange juice. Everyone was very accommodating and eager to assist.

The room was beautiful. It was small, neatly appointed and quite clean and modern. I was very impressed with it.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Vinayak G, General Manager at Park Grand London Lancaster Gate, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Monstybz,

We would like to thank you for leaving such a kind review for our hotel here on Tripadvisor. We value your feedback highly.

We understand that our guests are often coming from afar and have travelled for hours in planes, trains and other transportation and we know how exhausting this can be. So when our guests arrive we are always ready to offer a fresh towel and refreshing welcome drink as we know by this time you often need it! I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed this service.
Due to the Victorian nature of the buildings in the area the rooms can seem small but when making your next booking you can book for a clubroom, which I’m sure you would enjoy.

Please do not hesitate to contact me regarding this when making your next reservation with us.
We are so looking forward to seeing you again on your visit to London.

Vinayak Girgune

Been to Park Grand London Lancaster Gate? Share your experiences!