“Honest review” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Lancaster Gate

Save Saved
You added Park Grand London Lancaster Gate to your Saves list
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14-16 Craven Hill, Lancaster Gate, London W2 3DU, England (Formerly Hyde Park Premier London Paddington) (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #56 of 1,073 hotels in London
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Honest review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband & I stayed with our 9yr old son for our weekly annual visit to London, got back yesterday! I booked a Club room including breakfast for our stay.

When we arrived, there was a discrepancy with the price of the room, but that was soon rectified with Anisha who was very helpful and dealt with the matter professionally and with a smile. We were greeted with warm towels and a glass of juice which was a lovely welcome.

We were shown to our club room and were amazed by the size of the room. We had a double bed and an additional single bed for our son - which to be honest we weren't expecting to have in the room. The bathroom is on the small side but the shower cubicle is pretty big and well for its purpose its more than ample. Also in our room was a complimentary bottle of wine, fruit basket and some chocolates - again not expected but a wonderful surprise. There's a mini fridge and microwave in the room and kettle with tea & coffee. Also the size of the wardrobes were huge, including an iron and ironing board and robes.

Each night we were given a set of ear plugs, eye mask and chocolates as a goodnight service.
Breakfast was excellent - a good choice of hot food and cold food and the staff in the breakfast lounge were so friendly.

I cannot fault this hotel, its so quiet and friendly and a 10 minute walk from either Paddington Tube Station and Lancaster Gate station. Would definitely come back and stay here again for the cleanliness of the hotel but more importantly the staff who have made us feel very welcome.

Room Tip: Club Rooms are very spacious!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Valent F, Manager at Park Grand London Lancaster Gate, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear ArySon,

Thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful review for our hotel on Tripadvisor.

It brings our staff a great sense of enjoyment and pride to know that they are doing their job well and are most importantly making the guests feel welcome and comfortable. I will be sure to forward this on to Anisha as I’m sure she will greatly appreciate it.

Indeed Our newly refurbished Club rooms are very nice and spacious and we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities provided.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time and again making your visit comfortable and memorable.

Thank you again for a wonderful review

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this hotel for two months and during that time, I never got tired of their 5* service. It was excellent. the attention to detail from reception through to the lounge bar was far better than I have received anywhere else in London. The rooms were extremely comfortable and very well furnished and the recent refurbishment makes the hotel stand out. It has all the mod cons and everything works perfectly. The greeting you receive at reception shows you how much their appreciate you being there and the lounge bar and restaurant was exquisite. So impressed I was, that I plan revisit the next time I'm in town. I cannot speak highly enough about this hotel and will continue to use it in future.

Room Tip: The rooms in the basement are slightly larger than the other rooms but all rooms are well furnished.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear DeanVCook,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review for our hotel on Tripadvisor.

As you have experienced, we always endeavour to make each guest feel at home here at Park Grand London Lancaster Gate. We pride ourselves on customer service and so to hear comments such as this it brings a great sense of joy and satisfaction to our staff.

We thank you kindly for your feedback and for all your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit.

Kind regards
Herts, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is a perfect little hotel. It is located in a quiet residential street, with a small terrace surrounded by pretty flowers - yet only minutes from the tube, pubs, shops, restaurants and Hyde Park.
When we checked in we were offered a drink and a towel to freshen up - a nice touch. The hotel has recently been refurbished so everywhere is fresh and immaculately clean. The room its self was beautifully furnished with a really comfy bed, flat screen TV, tea and coffee, rain shower and a real hair dryer. I do like a real hairdryer. WiFi was simple to connect to and worked well.
Breakfast was very good - a choice of cereal, pastries, freshly cooked toast and full English. It also extended to 10:30 at the weekend so we could enjoy a lie in.
I'd also like to mention the excellent the staff. Each and everyone of them was friendly and attentive and made the stay very special. It was my birthday and they delivered a cake and candle to my room. Thank you to everyone for making it such a special stay. This has to be my favourite hotel in London.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Valent F, General Manager at Park Grand London Lancaster Gate, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear KarenHerts_UK,
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel on Tripadvisor,

We endeavour to make our guests feel at home when staying with us at Park Grand London Lancaster Gate. It means a lot to our team to know that our guests are happy with the service provided so thank you very much for your wonderful feedback.

When we hear that a guest is celebrating a special occasion in our hotel we are excited to help in the celebrations, we are so glad you enjoyed the surprise cake delivered to your room… and the hairdryer!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon

Best Regards,
Banbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I just spent 2 days at the Park Grand with my 9 yr old son for a sightseeing trip to London. I picked the Park Grand for its location and reasonable price and after reading very positive feedback on trip advisor.
The feedback was not wrong the staff where extremely helpful and I cannot fault them at all.
They couldn't do enough to help from the moment we walked through the door. We were greeted with a welcome drink and hot flannels and the check in was seamless.
We arrived about 8.30pm and ordered from the light snack menu as we hadn't had dinner. The burger that we had was excellent value for money and although the menu is small the food was lovely.
Breakfast was served every morning and was very good with a range of cold and hot food.
We didn't really spend much time at the hotel as we were out from 8am -11pm both nights.
Everything I asked them to provide was there within 10 mins.
My only complaint (and reason I haven't given 5 star rating) is the room was very very small and front facing which was a little bit noisy. As we were only there for a short period I did not request a room change but I am confident they would have accommodated any requests I had.
I would definitely book again
The location was ideal for Paddington and was a 6 min walk from the station.

Room Tip: If I booked again I would request a rear facing room
Dear Spacedchick,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a fabulous review for our hotel on Tripadvisor.
It is greatly appreciated.
At Park Grand London Lancaster Gate we pride ourselves on customer service. We always endeavour to help our guests to feel at home during their visit and I’m happy to hear that your stay was a pleasurable one. It brings a big smile to the faces of all the staff when reading your review. Knowing that we are helping our guests to feel comfortable brings great joy to our team.
We understand that due to the Victorian style and nature of the buildings in the area the rooms may seem small, however we have a various categories of rooms and upon your next visit I’m sure you would enjoy the comfort of a Club Room. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to arrange this for your next visit.
We have updated our profile about your request for rear facing room which is quiet and facing our lush green inner court yard.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Best Regards,
Naples, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed ten days as tourist in London. The hotel is very confortable, even if I had a single room. It is in a quiet place, very clean and provided with all conforts. In particular I appreciated the great courtesy of the personnel. It is 3 minutes far from the underground station.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Cesare M,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Park Grand London Lancaster Gate.

It gives us great pleasure to know that our guests are happy with the service received.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel next time you are in London.

Ringwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel was only booked 24 hours prior to our arrival which caused a delay in checking in to our 2 deluxe double rooms as the computer system was not recognising our booking. The staff were very friendly and attentive throughout our stay and were keen to make sure that we were having a 'good time'. Although the rooms are small they are well equipped,clean and comfortable with a very large double bed. The breakfast area is small but the food was very good and plentiful. Overall a good value hotel in an excellent location.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear 24JulieB2014,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor.

We strive to bring our guests the best service possible for their stay here at Park Grand London Lancaster Gate and so it brings us great joy to hear that our staff were able to make your stay an enjoyable one.

Some of the rooms may seem small but this is due to the Victorian style of the buildings in the area and this includes the dining area. We have different categories of rooms in our hotel and perhaps on your next visit you might enjoy the comfort of a Club Room.

Park Grand London Lancaster Gate has been recently renovated and we have done our best to make sure each room is comfortably equipped with the appropriate amenities.

We thank you for your kind words and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to London.
Kind regards
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We (my daughter and I) stayed in London for 4 nights, toured around (Oxford and Bath) and returned to London for one night.

The Hotel services in London were exceptional, the proximity to Paddington station was perfect for catching the tube and our train to Oxford.

The only draw back was that the first 4 nights our room was a little on the small size, and since I had gotten such a good rate, I didn't think to ask for a larger room. But on our last night when we returned from Bath they gave us a good sized room.

If you book this hotel you might also consider flying into Heathrow, since it is closer than Gatwick.

Overall an excellent experience!!

Dear Weekendtravel2014,

Thank you for your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.

Here at Park Grand London Lancaster Gate we do our best to offer our guests a comfortable stay and we are so happy that you enjoyed the hotel service.

Due to the Victorian style of the buildings in the area the rooms may seem small, however we do have different categories of rooms and I’m sure on your next stay with us you would enjoy the comfort of a Club Room.

It brings us great joy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again on your next stay in London.

Vinayak Girgune

Been to Park Grand London Lancaster Gate? Share your experiences!