“Good location, nice clean rooms, very helpful and cooperative staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyde Park Premier London Paddington

Save Saved
You added Hyde Park Premier London Paddington to your Saves list
Hyde Park Premier London Paddington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14-16 Craven Hill, Lancaster Gate, London W2 3DU, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #684 of 1,075 hotels in London
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Good location, nice clean rooms, very helpful and cooperative staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The property is located in an excellent location, minutes away from hyde Park. The rooms are cosy and clean. The hotel has very helpful and cooperative staff. They let me early check-in as I had a long flight. Very good value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Valent F, Manager at Hyde Park Premier London Paddington, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Dipankar C

Thank you for staying at the Park Grand London Lancaster Gate.

Thank you for sharing such a lovelyfeedback. We are glad to know that our services exceeded your expectations. I have shared your feedback with my staff which has highly motivated them to go that extra mile to make our guest’s stay memorable.

We look forward to welcome you once again at the Park Grand London Lancaster Gate.

395 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It was a pleasant stay, had really good time. The location is great. I would recommend this hotel to everyone who is looking for quiet stay, after long day out. The staff are really helpful and very polite.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mohammad A,

Thank you for staying at the Park Grand London Lancaster Gate.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful feedback. We are glad to know that our services exceeded your expectations. I have shared your feedback with my staff which has highly motivated them to go that extra mile to make our guest’s stay memorable.

Wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Firstly, I have been asked why nearly all my reviews are positive. This is because if there is something wrong then I tell the staff and management right away. Then they have a chance. I won't go home then troll a poor review. That's just peevish.

So, I was bumped out of another hotel for 'health and safety reasons' (I think they were over-booked...) and sent to this one. I was in a massive hurry to check in but the lady and gentleman on reception (about 5.15 Weds 18th June) could not have been better. A welcome drink and a hot facecloth were good touches - details matter.

The upgraded room was recently refurbished and very nice but quite small. The bathroom was very nice but the usual modern design mistake...no shelf for a toothbrush etc. Good shower but no bath.

I was out for dinner but the service and quality of the breakfast were very good although slightly limited. All staff have clearly been well-trained and come across well.

I wouldn't hesitate to go again and it is walking distance from Paddington. There is however nowhere to park. Be very careful, there are literally dozens of hotels around there with similar names so make absolutely sure you get the right one - some are no good at all!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Valent F, Manager at Hyde Park Premier London Paddington, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear BumpkinWiltshire,

Haugesund, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location of the hotel was very convenient, close to Paddington station.The hotel and the rooms are in general very nice,clean and modern, however small rooms and narrow corridors. My compliments to the staff; who was very professional and friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Valent F, Manager at Hyde Park Premier London Paddington, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Elisabeth M,

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall we were pretty happy with this hotel, it was clean and tidy, the room was recently painted and everything looked quite new. The bathroom was nice. The room included a little fridge, microwave and kettle, along with two bottles of complimentary water and 2 apples - which was a welcome surprise! The location is great, it's really close to an underground station and there are plenty of pubs and restaurants nearby, and it's an easy walk to kensington gardens. Beware that the room is tiny - but this normal for London, and we were happy with what we got for the price (it wasn't cheap, but that's central London for you). The only grumble I had was that there were no signs - our taxi driver actually pulled over and went in to a few buildings for us to find the right place! Also the building was undergoing renovations,so I think we should have gotten a discount :) The staff were friendly and proficient. No complaints.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Valent F, Manager at Hyde Park Premier London Paddington, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Tessa M,

Thank you for staying at the Park Grand London Lancaster Gate.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I have shared your feedback with the team and they are delighted to know that have received such a wonderful feedback.

Furthermore, please accept our sincere apology for inconvenience caused to you to find us.
Based on your feedback, we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that this does not occur to our guests to be.

Whitland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

It's been a few weeks since I stayed here but I am still very impressed with the level of service we received. Everyone from the front desk staff to the lovely gentleman who carried our bags to our room were extremely professional.

The hotel was in the final stages of renovation during our visit and even the workmen were respectful to staying guests.

Yes the room was small but was practical with all of the amenities you'd require on a business trip. And you can't complain about the location as the hotel was on a relatively quiet street and was only a 5 minute walk to the very beautiful Hyde Park

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Becca E,

Whitland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My better half was in London on a course for a few days, so as regular travelers to the city, I accompanied her, staying at the hotel chosen by price and location, as in all honesty as it was a works course, the hotel budget wasn't high. When we stay in London normally we don't mind paying a bit more, and getting a bit more, so given the price of our rooms for this stay, which I thought was so low for central London that we were going to get a cardboard box, I also had low expectations. And yes, the room was small as expected, and the bathroom snug, and initially my eyes rolled when I released our bed headboard was next door to the lift, but that's the end of the negativity, as in all honesty, this place represents phenomenal value in my opinion. The room had a large flat screen on the wall, all fittings and fixtures looked fresh and clean, almost new, and well fitted too (I hate loose fittings & lazy decorating finishes!) the bed was comfortable, extra pillows, water & fruit provided, and a good size shower in fairness. The hotel was undergoing a renovation to its dining room, so we ate at the near by best western, so I can't comment on the standard of dining rooms at the hotel. What I really must compliment is the staff. Friendly and helpful as any I've seen in higher class hotels. The guy on the door, helping luggage in and out, up to the rooms, would handle cab bookings, directions, couldn't have been more helpful, even advising on the weather (he was right! told me to take a umbrella, it rained minutes later). And even hours after we checked out, I was waiting for my partner to return from her course, they allowed me to remain in the hotel lounge to watch for her, as the weather was atrocious, giving papers to read and offering drinks. If the same staff were at the Ritz or Savoy, they wouldn't be out of place. If your looking for a great base in London for any sort of trip, this is the pick of any hotel in the capital under £200 a night.

Room Tip: Try not to be next to the lifts, its not very noisy, not the end of the world, but you do hear it at...