“Great Value for Money, and a really nice hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyde Park Premier London Paddington

Save Saved
You added Hyde Park Premier London Paddington to your Saves list
Hyde Park Premier London Paddington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14-16 Craven Hill, Lancaster Gate, London W2 3DU, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #684 of 1,075 hotels in London
Devon
“Great Value for Money, and a really nice hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

After booking via lastminute.com I read a review saying someone had problems with their reservation which made me a little apprehensive but when I arrived everything was in order and I checked in nice and quickly. The concierge took my bag up to my room for me which was a nice bonus. For £50 a night the location was second to none! A 5 min stroll from Paddington Station, and 5 mins to walk down to Lancaster Gate tube station! The hotel itself was very nice, and certainly lived up to its 4* rating. I stayed in room 108 and it was spacious enough. Obviously it wasn't big enough to crack out a Davina work-out DVD on the 32" LCD which was nicely hung on the wall, but you could easily walk around the bed, there was a suitcase rack, and the bathroom was a god size. The shower was nice and powerful, unlike some I have experienced which are about as useful as standing outside when it is drizzling lightly. On the first floor I could just about pick up the wireless from the foyer but they are meant to be brining in wireless across the whole hotel soon, they do provide a cable to connect your laptop via an Ethernet plug though. All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel, and when returning to London I will certainly use it again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Gurdeep S, Manager at Hyde Park Premier London Paddington, responded to this review, February 15, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hyde Park Premier London Paddington.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 02072985000.

395 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Turin, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I booked a room on the hotel chain website at a very low rate (just above 50 GBP incl. tax and breakfast), and I feel I received more than I paid for: although the room was really small, everything else (breakfast, decor, cleanliness, service) was at par with much more expensive hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Gurdeep S, Manager at Hyde Park Premier London Paddington, responded to this review, February 9, 2013

Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel is extremely good value for money.
The location is excellent to visit all areas of London, with either a short walk, bus ride or tube journey.
I found the breakfast of good quality and the attitude of the staff first class.
The rooms are comfortable, modern and very clean, whilst they may be on the small side, this is a small price to pay given the very reasonable costs.
I would certainly visit the hotel again on my next trip to London

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Got a double room for only £70 including breakfast on a Saturday night in January, and was very pleased. We did get a room in the basement but since we were going to be out in the evening that didn't matter to us. The bedding was clean and tidy, there was a huge widescreen tv as well as good tea/coffee/water facilities in the room. The en-suite was small but nice, with a lovely hot shower. There was also free toiletries!

Got a really good quality nights sleep, and didn't have to go to breakfast until 10am! Breakfast was excellent, a huge range of continental and cooked foods in a pleasant modern dining room. Could not fault the service or the food, it was a really good breakfast especially for the price.

The main asset of this hotel is it's location, a 5minute walk from paddington! Perfect :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Gurdeep S, Manager at Hyde Park Premier London Paddington, responded to this review, February 7, 2013

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We received a kind welcome and the staff were very attentive. We booked this hotel for something central to see the sights of London before my sister returned to Oz. A very convenient location to Paddington station and lovely area- it was snowing, so this made it even more special. We were escorted to our room, bags sorted. Our original room was not suitable for my sister but the staff were very accommodating and helpful. The bed was comfortable, bathroom had everything we required and I was grateful for the iron and ironing board to be in the room- a must for me :) Breakfast was a pleasant surprise, food was lovely and fresh, the staff were very rpompt with coffee refills and removal of used dishes. We were also grateful for the free internet which helped us plan some of our trip on the Sunday. Thank you to all the staff, we will stay again! Best wishes for 2013.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Gurdeep S, Manager at Hyde Park Premier London Paddington, responded to this review, January 30, 2013

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My second visit, both times very comfortable, convenient and always a very pleasant welcome. Hard-working personnel go out of their way to be chatty, pleasant and helpful, and seem to treat their guests very well. Really good value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were supposed to stay at royal Hyde park hotel but they called me on my arrival date to let me know that due to some maintenance problem I was rebooked in here. First when we came in they didn't knew about that, than we were placed in a room in the basement very small and no real day light... I asked to change and they have us one smaller but at first floor with a big window... Unfortunately the smell of the bathroom was getting in the all room so I asked another one again, they have it to me and at first no smell but some time later the smell was here too...
The most boring things is that I checked to have another hotel and booking.com was giving me opportunity again to go to the first preview grand royal hotel...
I heard other people in here living the same as we did but they claimed to go somewhere else... I should have done the same...

• Stayed December 2012
Gurdeep S, Manager at Hyde Park Premier London Paddington, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hyde Park Premier London Paddington for your recent visit to London. We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I sincerely & profusely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during the stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on hpp@londonpremierhotels.com as per your earliest convenience.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & Kindly provide me your booking details in order to investigate the matter in depth.

Thank you very much & looking forward to your positive response as per your earliest convenience.

Kind Regards

Duty Manager

Been to Hyde Park Premier London Paddington? Share your experiences!