“Much to be desired” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hyde Park Premier London Paddington

Save Saved
You added Hyde Park Premier London Paddington to your Saves list
Hyde Park Premier London Paddington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14-16 Craven Hill, Lancaster Gate, London W2 3DU, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #684 of 1,075 hotels in London
somerset, uk
“Much to be desired”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights for a London get away in early September. Let me start of with the good points...The hotel is well located with only a coupld of tube stops away from centeral london, a short walk from lancaster gate tube station itself, and with an assortments of cafes and restaurants on its doorstep. The hotel decor is modern and clean, and the staff were friendly.Now for the not so good..As stated above we stayed in early September, during a moderately warm period, by no means hot, but warm. On check in we were given our room key and shown down to our room which was on basement level. On entering the room it was stifling! but we thought hey ho we'll just turn the aircon on (which the hotel is advertised as having). However the aircon was nonfunctional and all they had provided instead was a tiny desk fan. We contacted reception who said to just use the fan available and open a window. We were in a basement room where the window didnt open :/. We though we'd go out, as the room was too hot to cope with, leave the fan on for a bit and return later. No luck, the fan just pushed the hot air around and made sleeping impossible. Being a basement room, although decorated to a high standard, the room was still dingy with poor lighting both artifically andf naturally. The water temperature of the shower fluctuated from searing hot to freezing cold.I'm not usually a fussy traveler but both me and my brother came away from this hotel with fluey like symptoms and felt rough for days after. Which we're guessing was a combination of no sleep and having dust blown in our faces whilt trying to sleep by the awfull little fan!Overall, really disappointed and woudnt stay again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Gurdeep S, Manager at Hyde Park Premier London Paddington, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hyde Park Premier London Paddington for your recent visit to London. We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I sincerely & profusely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during the stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on hpp@londonpremierhotels.com as per your earliest convenience.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & Kindly provide me your booking details in order to investigate the matter in depth.

Thank you very much & looking forward to your positive response as per your earliest convenience.

395 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pontefract
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had read good and bad reviews about this hotel. We has got a fairly good rate by booking on the hotel groups website and also became a member of a members club for the group. The hotel is about a ten minute walk from Paddington Station. On arrival we were told that we had been upgraded to a club room and a porter showed us to the room but did not carry the our bag? The room was nice with bottled water and biscuits plus three carnations in a vase. There was a nice TV on the wall and it was clean and comfortable. However with fi is advertised at the hotel free but it turns out that it was only available in reception. We headed out to a show and came back for what should have been a comfortable nights sleep. Apart from a few doors banging in the corridor it appeared to be a quiet night. Because of the design of the hotel the bathroom backed on to each room so you could hear everything going on in them. Our neighbours came in at midnight and then had a shower and then another shower and another shower... we eventually called reception at around 2.45 am as it was like trying to get to sleep in Niagra Falls. They also kept turning the taps on and off all the time. The noise did stop after this but started again at 7am. We told reception in the morning who offered to move us to a standard room?
Breakfast was okay and the staff were helpful although some items were cold but it was part of our rate. The second night was not as bad as the first although they did go on until 2am and checked out the next day. The final night we had normal people in the next room who used the bathroom at normal times in a normal way.

All in all this could be a good hotel if more attention to minor details was made and sound proofing was installed. The location is good and the staff are helpful....

Room Tip: Garden room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gurdeep S, Manager at Hyde Park Premier London Paddington, responded to this review, October 24, 2012

Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Amusingly the room had a double bed from wall to wall, with you having to climb over the bed to get to the wardrobe, window or desk. Amusing that is unless you are infirm, disabled or there is a fire!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Gurdeep S, Manager at Hyde Park Premier London Paddington, responded to this review, October 23, 2012

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The situation of the Hotel is quite good, and quite.
All is ok except the measures of the rooms, are very small but the distribution is very clever, I mean the space are just for using, no more space free...
The breackfast it's correct, good quality of food, but don't expect to get a lot of choices.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hyde Park Premier London Paddington.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 02072985000.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Hertfordshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was very disapointed with the room I stayed in at this hotel. I believe it was made with tiny and skinny people in mind.

The room was fairly clean, furnished with a double bed which took most of the room, a table and a safe.

It was hardly possible to move to the other side of the bed as the table stands at the foot of the bed. Tea and coffee making facilities are available in the room, and you are provided with exactly two teabags and if I am not mistaken the same amount of granulated coffee and two bottles of still water.

The bathroom was clean, the shower cubicle is the tiniest shower cubicle I have seen so far in a hotel room. It is not possible to have a shower without bumping your elbows every time you move. Although I requested a quiet room as my partner was due toattend the nearby hospital in the morning, we were actually given a room that was confirmed by staff on leaving the hotel in the morning that this room is known to be noisy!

On the hotel literature available in the room it is written that bathrobes and slippers are complimentary but have to be requested. When I requested the bathrobes however we were told that as we had not booked a club room we would not be able to get the bathrobes.

We did not have breakfast at the hotel as we were leaving before 7am.

The hotel is located about 15 minutes walk from Paddington station. There are some nearby cafes and restaurant and a convenience store.

I will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gurdeep S, Manager at Hyde Park Premier London Paddington, responded to this review, October 5, 2012

Lurgan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We booked this hotel for a three night stay in July and after reading some reviews that stated that we would probably be sent to a sister hotel on arrival we decided to e-mail and ask them to confirm in writing that we would in fact be staying at that location and they did confirm that we would. When we arrived our room wasn't ready but we did arrive early and we checked in and they kept our bags and told us to come back after 2pm. However there were other people trying to check in who were told that they would have to move (what we didnt know was that before we arrived they had tried contacting us and left a voicemail asking us to move to the other hotel but we must have been on the tube at the time)! Later when we went to our room I found it very small, so small I had to climb over the bed to get to the other side of the room. I asked for some more hangers and when they came I was told "you are lucky to get any at all"! Later a young bell boy brought us a small fruit basket and two small bottles of wine complimentary, in fact he was a pleasure throughout our stay and always had a cheerful hello everyday. The location (Craven Hill) is great, very near to Lancaster Gate tube station and Hyde Park, and it is in a lovely quiet area but I felt that although the rooms were clean and tidy they could have done with a general spruce up decor wise and were way too small for the comfort of more than one person. We would definitely stay in this area again but maybe not the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Bideford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Booked this as a 'mystery hotel' on another site.
Asked for a single room and it was ok. Big enough for one, clean, nice decor and all the usuall facilities including free wifi. Bathroom was a bit small, but again well decorated and maintained with plenty of fresh towels. Room had air conditioning and the hotel was quiet.

Only let down was being asked for a £20 deposit for room charges, only to then be told they didn't have a bar or restaurant - But they do breakfast!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Gurdeep S, Manager at Hyde Park Premier London Paddington, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hyde Park Premier London Paddington.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and me use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Regards,

Duty Manager

Been to Hyde Park Premier London Paddington? Share your experiences!